TrueBlueArmy Forums
Todays ratings - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Todays ratings (/showthread.php?tid=2952)

Todays ratings - DeepBlue - 01-04-2023

A dreadful game to watch , but I blame Forest Green more than us for that, but a day when the result mattered more than the performance.

I know I got a lot of stick for suggesting we could still make the playoffs with 12 games to go, and we probably still wont, but not even I expected us to be within 3 points with 7 games to go. 

Macey 7 Nothing to do, a very easy clean sheet 
Rafferty 7 Back to something like his best, got forward well in both halves 
Raggett 7 Solid as usual
Robertson 7  Brings a reassuring calmness to the defence but injured yet again !  
Ogilvie 7 same comments as Rafferty
Tunnicliffe 5 played far too deep in the first half doing a job that didn't really need doing and doing it too slowly
Morrell 7 Shown a but more urgency in the second half that rubbed off on the rest of the team 
Lowery 6 Looked quite bright but I thought the rustiness from his injury showed a few times when he should have done better than he did
Dale 4 Awful. Any bonus points for the goal wiped out by two glaring misses and how on earth anyone could think he was MOTM is totally beyond me. 
Bishop 7 Worked hard as ever but never threatened the goal today 
Jacobs 8 Our best player by far, always looked the most likely source of any breakthrough. 

Mousinho 7 his changes at half time - swapping Dale & Jacobs and pushing Tunnicliffe further forward just about worked.

RE: Todays ratings - dsmg - 01-04-2023

People will have to eat humble pie if we do make the play-offs. One particular person springs to mind with umpteen sarcastic posts.

RE: Todays ratings - Sharpe* - 01-04-2023

Its a strange one as it was a tough watch and we only won 1-0 but I don't think individually the guys played badly. We passed the ball around well at times too - just miss that cutting edge against teams who sit back.

Macey: 7 - back to his normal level. I like him.
Rafferty: 7.5 - got an assist, solid enough at the back.
Raggett: 7.5 - very solid at the back, even put a nice through ball in! Comanding performance.
Robertson: 7.5 - similar to Raggett - solid and commanding. Shame he went off injured.
Ogilvie: 6 - decent enough defending but we were ineffective down the left going forward. Couldn't impact things.
Tunnicliffe: 7 - was a little slow in transitioning play but defended well, sweeping up any troubles in front of the defence. Passed well.
Morrell: 7.5 - not always the most creative but he is silky on the ball and upped the pace of play considerably.
Lowery: 6.5 - decent performance.
Dale: 6 - I feel bad for him. But ultimately he can't cross, is lightweight and doesn't score enough goals. One hit him and went in which was pleasing and some of his passing through the middle was good. Time is running out for him though. Almost all of our threat came from the right.
Bishop: 6.5 - worked hard and was constantly fouled as always. Decent enough with the scraps he had to work with.
Jacobs: 8 - MOTM. Offered a genuine threat going forward and even beat a few men as he pushed on.

Subs:
Pack: 7 - played well when he came on, threading some decent passes, offering a bit of composure and also lifted the crowd.
Scarlett: 6.5 -didn't do too badly when he came on without being exceptional.
Towler: 6.5 - solid enough when he came on. Difficult to see from the Fratton End who was at fault for some of their chances towards the end.

Ref: 7. Missed one or two obvious fouls for both teams but generally quite good. Didn't make the game about him.