TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team today (/showthread.php?tid=2965)

Team today - Who_Am_I? - 07-04-2023

Macey
Rafferty, Bernard, Raggett, Ogilvie
Lowery, Pack, Morrell, Dale
Bishop, Jacobs

Subs:
Oluwayemi, Robertson,  Scarlett, Thompson,Tunnicliffe, Hackett, Pigott

RE: Team today - stayinupforever - 07-04-2023

Towler injured?

RE: Team today - Who_Am_I? - 07-04-2023

Not sure, he travelled up with the team but I think he may have been replaced on the bench by Robertson in the lastfew minutes !!!

RE: Team today - TBP - 07-04-2023

Bernard has to be a shock. Hard to believe that Dale has kept his place and Pigott wasted again. Let's hope MK aren't up to much.

RE: Team today - stayinupforever - 07-04-2023

In the past five games Mk's form is the same as ours.

RE: Team today - bluetagagain - 07-04-2023

I’m sure we’re keeping a couple fresh for Monday ( he says hopefully)

RE: Team today - dsmg - 07-04-2023

Get in. What a ball from Raggettino

RE: Team today - Rocketman - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 02:24 PM)dsmg Wrote: Get in. What a ball from Raggettino
Great ball in and very well taken goal by Og'

RE: Team today - dsmg - 07-04-2023

We shoot ourselves in the foot again. Morrell straight red

RE: Team today - Hammie - 07-04-2023

and after half time we set up so defensively we invited them on ridiculously
Once they scored we started playing again.
If they were playing to instructions after the break, then Mouse got it very very wrong.

RE: Team today - TBP - 08-04-2023

I seem to recall Jackett bringing on an extra defender to defend a lead. That didn't work either.

RE: Team today - Hammie - 08-04-2023

although that was against 9 men which was clearly ridiculous! managers who are frightened to lose do badly at pompey
unlike harry and separately or together, Jim

RE: Team today - TBP - 08-04-2023

Bringing on Pigott for Dale would have been a better bet. It would have given the attack more impetus.

RE: Team today - bluetagagain - 08-04-2023

Not playing Dale at all would be better.

RE: Team today - Hammie - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 03:43 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Not playing Dale at all would be better.

Yesterday really showed up his strengths (endless running about) and his weakness, especially in the second half. Just aobut everytime we managed to break, when the ball got to him he faffed about made the wrong choice and the attack stopped. 
Even in the first half he was put one on one with the full back with acres of space behind and opted to cut back in and lose the ball anyway.

Time for the manager to make the decision to leave him on the bench monday and play reeko or Jacobs or Mingi or Hume or Scarlett on one of the wings instead. We do have options.

RE: Team today - bluetagagain - 09-04-2023

Maybe time to 532 /352 ( wingbacks) and play Pigott and Bish up front

RE: Team today - TBP - 09-04-2023

If he doesn't go for Pigott and Bish, I will have my doubts about the result. Pompey are in the habit of having two draws over Easter. Ok I haven't actually looked it up, but it is my feel from 48 years regular service at FP.

RE: Team today - Hammie - 09-04-2023

Piggott really looks to improve the attack when he comes on most games, start with that against a weak opponent, let them worry about us!

RE: Team today - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 09-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 05:43 AM)TBP Wrote: I seem to recall Jackett bringing on an extra defender to defend a lead. That didn't work either.

The nightmare draw against Coventry when 3–1 up with 11 men up against 9
Please never remind me of that again

Also don’t remind of Jackett putting everyone in the box to defend a corner against Oxford in the 2019/2020 playoffs when we were 1 up. The one man who should have been on the halfway line for a possible breakaway goal instead was in the box heading in their equaliser. I swear Ellis Harrison scored near as many own goals as he did goals for us. He was an absolute nightmare of footballer as far as I’m concerned

By putting Harrison back it allowed the 2 defenders that normally would be marking the loan striker on the halfway line also to be in or around the box. What was KJ thinking?!?

RE: Team today - Hammie - 09-04-2023

Harrison was one of th biggest disappointments for years, has so many attributes but never achieved anything much at all

RE: Team today - DeepBlue - 10-04-2023

(09-04-2023, 06:34 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Also don’t remind of Jackett putting everyone in the box to defend a corner against Oxford in the 2019/2020 playoffs when we were 1 up. The one man who should have been on the halfway line for a possible breakaway goal instead was in the box heading in their equaliser. I swear Ellis Harrison scored near as many own goals as he did goals for us. He was an absolute nightmare of footballer as far as I’m concerned

That was the only own goal I can remember, and he scored 20 goals for us in 84 appearances so was not a total disaster.

But a disappointment overall I would agree, especially compared to what he had done before and since playing for us.

RE: Team today - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 11:18 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 06:34 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Also don’t remind of Jackett putting everyone in the box to defend a corner against Oxford in the 2019/2020 playoffs when we were 1 up. The one man who should have been on the halfway line for a possible breakaway goal instead was in the box heading in their equaliser. I swear Ellis Harrison scored near as many own goals as he did goals for us. He was an absolute nightmare of footballer as far as I’m concerned

That was the only own goal I can remember, and he scored 20 goals for us in 84 appearances so was not a total disaster.

But a disappointment overall I would agree, especially compared to what he had done before and since playing for us.

He scored a cracking headed own goal for Accrington away I remember that one. We lost 4-1 but we’re up 0-1 when just before half time Harrison’s bullet header own goal with nobody even challenging him gave the whole team depression and the match ended in an embarrassing rout. He did this a lot but most of his own goals were away from home so that’s probably why you didn’t see them