TrueBlueArmy Forums
I'm a believer - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: I'm a believer (/showthread.php?tid=2969)

I'm a believer - Gerry Hatrick - 08-04-2023

Who likes The Monkees?
Five points adrift with only six games left and no Joe Morrel.
But five wins out of six would do it.
Who's still a believer?

RE: I'm a believer - TBP - 08-04-2023

Not me.

RE: I'm a believer - Slagger - 08-04-2023

Me neither. A strange season of mediocrity. Disappointing.

RE: I'm a believer - foxleyblue - 08-04-2023

We'll be a much better squad next season (cross fingers)

RE: I'm a believer - Pedalo_menders - 08-04-2023

This season was over before it started. But if we can keep it to within 3 points on the final day, it'll at least be interesting.

RE: I'm a believer - Hammie - 08-04-2023

We should have won yesterday
But as so often, this squad finds a way of blowing it.
It wasn't just Morrell who lost his cool. In pressure situations we have a habit of losing focus on the game and spending all our energy chasing the officials instead of getting the job done. Not helped by our captain doing his best to get a red too with a late tackle out wide on half way.
We could still scrape into the play offs but would have to beat Derby and WW both on the bounce, which is not what our record suggests.
Use the remaining time to try and win the games but also to see if players like Mingi can add something, especially energy and speed.

RE: I'm a believer - TBP - 08-04-2023

Certainly, Mousinho should be using the last six games to look at any players he hasn't seen yet, to ensure that he makes the right decisions about them, come the end of the season.

RE: I'm a believer - 66zoolane - 08-04-2023

'Certainly, Mousinho should be using the last six games to look at any players he hasn't seen yet, to ensure that he makes the right decisions about them, come the end of the season.'

Not while we still have a chance - it's not gone yet. I know that's more optimistic than realistic, but as per OP, if we win 5 out of 6...

We shouldn't be laying down arms and playing friendlies just yet.

RE: I'm a believer - Hermann's_no_hermit - 08-04-2023

I was a believer until yesterday, now just a distant hoper.

RE: I'm a believer - slayer - 08-04-2023

You're having a laugh if our shower place.

First window of as-yet another cycle in the summer.

RE: I'm a believer - mikey393 - 09-04-2023

No way Jose! We won't make it. Not enough flair or discipline. Get rid of. Morrell total liability. Play z Bishop with Piggot up front with Jacobs & Dale supplying the through balls.

RE: I'm a believer - dsmg - 09-04-2023

Dale supplying a through ball???

RE: I'm a believer - exgaffer - 09-04-2023

(09-04-2023, 02:03 AM)mikey393 Wrote: No way Jose! We won't make it. Not enough flair or discipline. Get rid of.  Morrell total liability. Play z Bishop with Piggot up front with Jacobs & Dale supplying the through balls.

Morrell is one of our best players and getting rid of him would be madness.

We should be unloading Dale and Jacobs, neither is consistently good enough if we want to progress.

I agree that we should play Piggott and Bishop up front but we will struggle to keep Bishop I think. Try

RE: I'm a believer - briefcase_wanchor - 09-04-2023

“Morrell is one of our best players and getting rid of him would be madness”.

Mousinho was singing odes about him post match. Has started him every game possible. Clearly rates him highly regardless of discipline. I’m sure he’ll try and keep him if he can. Let’s face it, he’s one of our two best players. His discipline record before this year was never a problem. Can’t help but think he does himself few favours by constantly getting in the refs ear whenever he can.

RE: I'm a believer - Gerry Hatrick - 10-04-2023

NOW I concede it's over. 
On merit, we don't deserve a place in the top six and the remaining entertainment for this season wil be to see who, out of Plymouth Sheffield W and Ipswich,  will miss out on an automatic spot. I reckon whoever does will lose in the play-off final to Peterborough.

RE: I'm a believer - Hammie - 10-04-2023

Solent reckon if we get 6 more wins we can do it, only five games to go but ....

RE: I'm a believer - foxleyblue - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 04:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: Solent reckon if we get 6 more wins we can do it, only five games to go but ....

Just give up and concentrate on the next season with potential new signings, not loans (or very few)

RE: I'm a believer - Slagger - 10-04-2023

How many 0 - 0 draws have we played this season? So dull!

RE: I'm a believer - blueinbrum3 - 10-04-2023

Finally run out of play off ‘road’. Lack of any consistency in their performances especially where it matters in front of goal, excluding, of course Colby Bishop.