TrueBlueArmy Forums
Hard to believe, but........ - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Hard to believe, but........ (/showthread.php?tid=2975)

Hard to believe, but........ - Pompey_in_Derby - 10-04-2023

the 63 points from 41 games that we have right now would see us in 5th place in the Championship!!

On the subject of 'hard to believe', I cannot ever recall so many players slipping over during a game. Must have happened at least 10 times today - their fat keeper caused 4 mini earthquakes when he slipped! Was it a case of players wearing the wrong studs or over-watering of the pitch?

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - TBP - 11-04-2023

I'm not sure that ballet pumps take studs.

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - Hammie - 11-04-2023

poured with rain all night and morning yet they still put the sprinklers on
foolish

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - TBP - 11-04-2023

It's what they've all learned at coaching school. Must put a surface on. I've never really understood it myself, even when it hasn't been raining. The slicker surface must make control more difficult. They never did it in East Berks League Division 7.

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - SouthseaBubble - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 09:39 AM)TBP Wrote: It's what they've all learned at coaching school. Must put a surface on. I've never really understood it myself, even when it hasn't been raining. The slicker surface must make control more difficult. They never did it in East Berks League Division 7.

Maybe it's watered to facilitate celebratory knee-sliding when we score a goal.  In the event of that ever happening, of course.

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - Hammie - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 02:22 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:39 AM)TBP Wrote: It's what they've all learned at coaching school. Must put a surface on. I've never really understood it myself, even when it hasn't been raining. The slicker surface must make control more difficult. They never did it in East Berks League Division 7.

Maybe it's watered to facilitate celebratory knee-sliding when we score a goal.  In the event of that ever happening, of course.

or perhaps the only time we've beaten a decent side of late was on a swimming pool of a pitch?

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - 66zoolane - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 06:05 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 02:22 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote:

or perhaps the only time we've beaten a decent side of late was on a swimming pool of a pitch?

I am! Sorry, nonsense deleted, irony completed.

RE: Hard to believe, but........ - slayer - 15-04-2023

Looking at the spread of points in the play off positions, we are five wins behind where we should be. With Fratton Park as an asset, that is fucking criminal