TrueBlueArmy Forums
Shrewsbury - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Shrewsbury (/showthread.php?tid=2981)

Shrewsbury - TBP - 14-04-2023

According to Mousinho, they will keep ploughing away. I'd rather they played some decent football. Shrewsbury is always a tricky one, so I can't see a decent result. Although Lane is back, so maybe Dale can now be dropped. No danger of Pigott playing, though.

RE: Shrewsbury - Gerry Hatrick - 14-04-2023

Ploughing away. A perfect phrase for the very agricultural football seen in the last couple of games.

RE: Shrewsbury - slayer - 14-04-2023

Indeed. There's thick, there's thing, and then there's muck spreading.

RE: Shrewsbury - blueandwight - 14-04-2023

The awful football, as directed by the FA Coaching Manual, officially recommenced at half-time in the game against Port Vale when he brought on Robertson.
This 'playing out from the back' can laughable even when you see Premier League sides doing it but when it's us....

RE: Shrewsbury - DeepBlue - 14-04-2023

(14-04-2023, 07:58 AM)TBP Wrote: According to Mousinho, they will keep ploughing away. I'd rather they played some decent football. Shrewsbury is always a tricky one, so I can't see a decent result. Although Lane is back, so maybe Dale can now be dropped. No danger of Pigott playing, though.

Why no danger of Pigott playing ?  Mousinho has played him a lot.  I would think he is quite likely to get the role just behind Bishop where he was being selected before he got sent off. 

Shrewsbury's form is dire. They have lost the last 4 including a 6-0 away and 3-0 at home. and have nothing to play for so I'll be disappointed of we don't get a result there this time.

RE: Shrewsbury - Rick Pumpkin - 14-04-2023

(14-04-2023, 09:21 AM)blueandwight Wrote: The awful football, as directed by the FA Coaching Manual, officially recommenced at half-time in the game against Port Vale when he brought on Robertson.
This 'playing out from the back' can laughable even when you see Premier League sides doing it but when it's us....

BW, sorry to piss on your chips but there is no single FA coaching manual and of the many coaching guides that are out there, they do not dictate a specific style of play.  In fact what they do provide are individual training drills that the coach then pieces together to create a style of play to suit the tactics they want to employ.

What you see on the pitch each week is more or less an interpretation of how the individual manager and coaching team feel the game should be played, so if you want to blame someone for the lumpen footed game Pompey play you need to look no further than the bench.  However, until Mousinho gets the time to get in players able to play the way he wants you are left with a manager trying to build an aircraft carrier with a screwdriver and Dremmel multi tool (i.e. he ain't got the right tools for the job).

I coached for 20+ years after I stopped playing, somehow got myself a UEFA B badge and worked part time at Villa's academy for a spell.  During those years no one ever told me I had to play a certain way other than when Brian Little was in charge, who wanted all 11-a-side teams to follow the first team setup.

RE: Shrewsbury - 2_Kuhl - 14-04-2023

I'll be there tomorrow, can't wait.

Win, lose, we're on the booze!

RE: Shrewsbury - Pedalo_menders - 14-04-2023

If ever there was a game that you needed to be shitfaced to enjoy, it's Shrewsbury.

RE: Shrewsbury - Hammie - 14-04-2023

good little ground and good example of how safe standing can work alongside seating (or behind)

RE: Shrewsbury - slayer - 15-04-2023

Not forgotten that nightclub and plod incident. Scummy.