TrueBlueArmy Forums
Marlon Pack - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Marlon Pack (/showthread.php?tid=2986)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Marlon Pack - bluetagagain - 06-08-2023

We'll have to agree to disagree as IMO they weren't clear goal scoring chances. Ogilvie's was speculative at least. Even the SKY highlights only showed about 4 chances which included the long range efforts from Og and Whyte. To me creativity means passing teamwork,clever use of the ball and spaces. Finding areas that 'hurt' the opposition. Not getting Norris to hoof the ball up field or manic crossing into the box. We are short of two players to make this happen.
1). A Conor Chaplin type goalscoring No10
2). A playmaker/decision maker which is meant to be Pack but clearly isn't.
If they cant find these players then changing formation to 343/442 will have to happen as 433/4231 won't work

RE: Marlon Pack - DeepBlue - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 03:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: We'll have to agree to disagree as IMO they weren't clear goal scoring chances. Ogilvie's was speculative at least. Even the SKY highlights only showed about 4 chances which included the long range efforts from Og and Whyte. To me creativity means passing teamwork,clever use of the ball and spaces. Finding areas that 'hurt' the opposition. Not getting Norris to hoof the ball up field or manic crossing into the box. We are short of two players to make this happen.
1). A Conor Chaplin type goalscoring No10
2). A playmaker/decision maker which is meant to be Pack but clearly isn't.
If they cant find these players then changing formation to 343/442 will have to happen as 433/4231 won't work

Ogilvie's wasn't on my list.  I had 3 for Bishop, one for Scully, and 1 for Whyte (apart from his good shot well saved in the second half).   And I've just remembered one for Lowery from the edge of the area that he hit far too weakly.  

What has what Sky highlights chose to show in their 2 minutes or so got to do with anything ? 

Yes, we are short of a no.10 ... we all know that and we all know that every effort is being made to get one. 

But we created lots yesterday without one and if Bishop had had his scoring head on we would be celebrating a great start to the season.

RE: Marlon Pack - Hammie - 06-08-2023

As the club has announced that a signing is incoming, I guess they agree that we need something a bit different in that midfield 3.

But we created lots yesterday without one and if Bishop had had his scoring head on we would be celebrating a great start to the season.

Absolute blue eyed glasses rubbish. If creating chances mean shocking crossing ( except for one), an atrocious free kick then you nothing about creativity.
I know you love Pompey Deep but you’re completely blinkered. Yesterday was poor with very little excitement.

RE: Marlon Pack - DeepBlue - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 04:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: But we created lots yesterday without one and if Bishop had had his scoring head on we would be celebrating a great start to the season.

Absolute blue eyed glasses rubbish. If creating chances mean shocking crossing ( except for one), an atrocious free kick then you nothing about creativity.
I know you love Pompey Deep but you’re completely blinkered. Yesterday was poor with very little excitement.

Sorry, I must have missed the bit where I said creating chances meant shocking crossing, and I certainly did not mention any free-kick.  How can a free kick have anything to do creativity anyway ? 

You are the one who is blinkered if a game when we created 20 shoooting opportunites, and  6 good chances amongst them makes you attack the team's creativity.   

Why not criticise what the fault really was ... poor finishing.

Poor finishing, poor crossing and no creativity but other than that it was average. The rest I can’t be bothered to explained . I look forward to your next report as the game you watched yesterday must have been riveting.

RE: Marlon Pack - oi oi saveloy - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 05:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 04:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: But we created lots yesterday without one and if Bishop had had his scoring head on we would be celebrating a great start to the season.

and I certainly did not mention any free-kick.  How can a free kick have anything to do creativity anyway ? 

He didn’t say you did he mentioned it in his criticism you arrogant drip.

RE: Marlon Pack - slayer - 16-08-2023

Last night IMO the weak link in the team once again.

Is he fit or is now relatively shit?

RE: Marlon Pack - DeepBlue - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 07:29 PM)slayer Wrote: Last night IMO the weak link in the team once again.

Is he fit or is now relatively shit?

He helped set up the goal with a very well directed header.

RE: Marlon Pack - Theyak2 - 16-08-2023

He did slow play down when he could've been more 'positive' in his distribution
Morrell looked far better driving forward with positive runs and passing.

RE: Marlon Pack - Hammie - 16-08-2023

For an experienced player he seems to lose concentration and lose the ball in dangerous positions with careless passing. The other side of his game is pretty good, probably helps Morrell to stay on the pitch. Will have to learnt hat waving for a card will be an automatic yellow card for himself this season.
As captain he needs to set an example on the latter. It was noticeable last night that Exeter had got the message regarding behaviour and our squad had not.

RE: Marlon Pack - slayer - 17-08-2023

Fair comments all around.

I want the fairytale of him captaining us to promotion for him as much as the next man.

It was the switching off that concerned me. There were 3 or 4 big ones.

I accept he has never been particularly quick but the rest of this team now is. The bar around him is higher now.

Another 4 or 5 games before consensus methinks.

I hope the manager doesn't find himself forced into difficult decisions around his captain.