TrueBlueArmy Forums
Catlin and Jackett - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Catlin and Jackett (/showthread.php?tid=301)

Pages: 1 2

Catlin and Jackett - stayinupforever - 06-03-2021

Should both go now. Catlin because he cannot see what Jackett has done to this group of generally good footballers. Jackett because he should show some honesty and integrity and admit he has performed badly as a manager.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - bluetagagain - 07-03-2021

I don't think Catlin can take any blame, in fact I believe he's done a good job. I'm sure the decisions hes made have to have the approval of the Eisners

RE: Catlin and Jackett - exgaffer - 07-03-2021

(06-03-2021, 04:06 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Should both go now. Catlin because he cannot see what Jackett has done to this group of generally good footballers. Jackett because he should show some honesty and integrity and admit he has performed badly as a manager.

Why this obsession with Catlin? He takes his orders from the Eisners doesn’t he? He’s not going to publicly have a go at Jackett’s management is he? He also doesn’t have the power to sack Jackett and appoint someone else.

Jackett is the one who picks the team, Jackett is the one who decides the tactics, Jackett is the one who should man manage the players. 

Jackett is the one who should be replaced, by the Eisners, and soon (in fact NOW ffs).

RE: Catlin and Jackett - hilsea12 - 07-03-2021

[Image: thumbsup.png]

RE: Catlin and Jackett - stayinupforever - 07-03-2021

I say Catlin too because if he's not reporting truthfully and honestly back to Eisner hex as culpable.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - dsmg - 07-03-2021

Spot on Gaffffffffff

(07-03-2021, 10:37 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: I say Catlin too because if he's not reporting truthfully and honestly back to Eisner hex as culpable.

How do you know what he reports back to the Eisners?

Are you in on the calls then? If so you can enlighten us.

In any event, you don’t need an ‘honest and truthful’ report, you just need to look at the mystifying team selections and tactics, the results and the performances. The Eisners must watch the matches, the problems are there in plain sight ffs.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - Rick Pumpkin - 07-03-2021

(07-03-2021, 09:46 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 04:06 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Should both go now. Catlin because he cannot see what Jackett has done to this group of generally good footballers. Jackett because he should show some honesty and integrity and admit he has performed badly as a manager.

Why this obsession with Catlin? He takes his orders from the Eisners doesn’t he? He’s not going to publicly have a go at Jackett’s management is he? He also doesn’t have the power to sack Jackett and appoint someone else.

Jackett is the one who picks the team, Jackett is the one who decides the tactics, Jackett is the one who should man manage the players. 

Jackett is the one who should be replaced, by the Eisners, and soon (in fact NOW ffs).

Catlin is the Chief Executive, ffs, don't you think that gives him some sort of power and accountability in the day to day running of the club?!  Gaff, if you want to picture him as some sort of innocent pen pusher then feel free, but to think he holds no sway over decisions that are made is madness - he might be their puppet but Tornante have elevated him to this role since they took over ownership and made him a director of the holding company.

He gets a free ride compared to many at the club and although he might not make the team selections and choose the tactics for a game (assuming we actually employ any), he allows Jackett to continue do it.

Not Jackett related but wasn't it Catlin who came up with the whole 'FP is falling down' story early in 2017 and, miraculously, a few days later Tornante's interest was confirmed.  Apart from a couple of Dyson airblade hand dryers in the bogs and a wider staircase I still don't know what other urgent works were performed during the first couple of years of the septic's ownership.  And wasn't it Catlin who headed up contract talks with players?  In Neil Allen's books alone there are more than a couple of ex-player references to how badly those have been managed.

Catlin isn't the anti-Christ, but he gets away with a lot for someone whose responsibilities are much greater than you seem to think they are.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - dsmg - 07-03-2021

The bottom line are the signings, tactics, motivation and formation = Jackett

(07-03-2021, 11:24 AM)dsmg Wrote: The bottom line are the signings, tactics, motivation and formation = Jackett

And you think he was the only person who gave the OK for the recruitment to happen?  Seriously?  You think that he goes about his day to day work without the support of a Chief Exec, despite the majority of supporters being against him?  Really?!

This might help...

RE: Catlin and Jackett - Jezzer - 07-03-2021

(07-03-2021, 11:24 AM)dsmg Wrote: The bottom line are the signings, tactics, motivation and formation = Jackett

Catlin is the Chief Executive, ffs, don't you think that gives him some sort of power and accountability in the day to day running of the club?! 

Well it should do but since he has not yet sacked Jackett, something which is fully justified and arguably long overdue,  then you have to ask how much power he really wields?

RE: Catlin and Jackett - stayinupforever - 07-03-2021

From the JD of a football club CEO:

"Responsibility for the operational management of the first team areas of the football club. Within this
arrangement, to hold the final decision taking rights, subject to approval of the Board".

RE: Catlin and Jackett - TBP - 07-03-2021

Where did Catlin come from? He seemed to pop up from nowhere. The original supporters committee met up and he was already appointed Chief Executive.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - Pedalo_menders - 07-03-2021

Catlin hasnt got any plan B. He hasnt identified a replacement for Kenny in the summer.

Hes responsible for a contract policy that encourages our best players to seek other offers. He has overseen replacing players like Clarke & Burgess with Downing & Raggett. He oversaw spending 3M on attacking players whilst also spending 0 on defense leading to an unbalanced squad.

Jackett reports into him and allows him to do sweet fuck all pre-season. He continues to allow him to do less than the bare minimum. What is the plan Kenny? There is no plan? Ok I cant sack you so do what you want.

Complete shambles.

(07-03-2021, 02:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Catlin hasnt got any plan B. He hasnt identified a replacement for Kenny in the summer.

Ped, I still keep getting a feeling that a replacement won't be sourced because the easy option for the club is to renew Jackett's contract.  Obviously we don't truly know whether there is a search going on for a new manager, but if I had to put money on it I would say he'll still be here next season.

The owners and board show little regard towards the supporters and they'll do what's right for them, not giving a thought about us.  It's how American businesses work and it's about the short to medium term balance sheet, emotion doesn't play a part in their decision making.  They'll keep on dropping the occasional Twitter comment, and Catlin will ensure he avoids difficult questions, and tomorrow will just be like today.  Brick by brick, we go again, etc.

And I want to be so wrong about this.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - Smirnoffexpress - 07-03-2021

The Eisners got Pompey for an absolute song. Prior to them doing so we had the whole “the stadium is falling down and we cannot,as a trust owned club, afford to rectify things” story doing the rounds. It stunk then and it stinks now. Who was responsible for painting that picture?

RE: Catlin and Jackett - BilltheCat - 07-03-2021

(07-03-2021, 04:44 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: The Eisners got Pompey for an absolute song. Prior to them doing so we had the whole “the stadium is falling down and we cannot,as a trust owned club, afford to rectify things” story doing the rounds. It stunk then and it stinks now. Who was responsible for painting that picture?

Catlin.

Christ you lot are completely deluded, Catlin is the CEO and responsible for the everyday running, yes of course he is. However, he doesn’t control the purse strings and he doesn’t get to hire or sack people without the OK from the Eisners.

At the moment we have almost no fecking income, due to the self inflicted shutdown of life. Any money we spend must be OK’d by the owners.

I love all these conspiracy theories about ‘not wanting promotion’, quite how you would achieve that, against the will of the players and everyone else at the club, without it getting out is a complete mystery. It would require too many people to be complicit. Also, what would it achieve anyway? The aim of the Eisners has to be to make the club more successful and thus more valuable, if the aim is to sell it at a handsome profit.

If the aim is just to succeed, then that also would not be served by deliberately not getting promoted.

Jackett is the football man NOT Catlin, so our current plight is down to him and the players (who have not been helped by his baffling team selections and tactics). Catlin is a good CEO, why replace him with a lesser one? He doesn’t ALLOW Jackett to do things, the Eisners do that.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - Pedalo_menders - 07-03-2021

"Jackett is the football man NOT Catlin, so our current plight is down to him and the players (who have not been helped by his baffling team selections and tactics). Catlin is a good CEO, why replace him with a lesser one? He doesn’t ALLOW Jackett to do things, the Eisners do that".

So what is Catlin's job then? Who does Jackett report into? The chief exec has no role in overseeing Kenny's 'strategy'? 

I'm not saying replace him but hes been pretty awful in letting Jackett & the players take the piss. Furthermore, hes done nothing to provide alternative options for the board.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - mikey393 - 07-03-2021

(07-03-2021, 09:46 AM)exgaffer Wrote:

I'm with EG here. It's Jackett's team & he picks the side & formations.

Catlin is Piggy in the Middle.

ME watches the games on ifollow so can see we're repeatedly messing up.

It's his investment , been very patient now wants his returns.

Bill the Cat...........exactly.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - Hammie - 07-03-2021

there is one very good thing
with ifollow the manager (Jackett) cannot bullshit about being unlucky to the owners, they can see every minute of every game just as we can .

(07-03-2021, 04:45 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 04:44 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: The Eisners got Pompey for an absolute song. Prior to them doing so we had the whole “the stadium is falling down and we cannot,as a trust owned club, afford to rectify things” story doing the rounds. It stunk then and it stinks now. Who was responsible for painting that picture?

Catlin.
If the club had been worth more than the Eisners paid:

A) Someone else would have made a better offer.
B) The shareholders and high net worth individuals would not have sold to them.

It was obvious that the Trust was not in a position to continue running the club, I wish it were otherwise because I liked being a shareholder.

Both sides of the argument were put to the fans and they made their choice, Carlin just told it like it was.

I know you all love a good conspiracy but there is no evidence of one in this case.

It was sold too cheaply, end of.

RE: Catlin and Jackett - BilltheCat - 07-03-2021

"It was obvious that the Trust was not in a position to continue running the club, I wish it were otherwise because I liked being a shareholder"

It wasn't obvious at all. You bought the Catlin lie and as Smirnoffexpress wrote the Eisners bought it for a pittance. And don't forget that they agreed to put £10 million into an account and then withdrew the bulk of it a while later.

If you liked being a shareholder so much you should never have have voted "yes".

Now we're stuck with an absentee owner who cares very little about his "investment". As long as the club is not losing money hand-over-fist very little will change.