TrueBlueArmy Forums
Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? (/showthread.php?tid=3011)

Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Slagger - 22-04-2023

Well he remembers us according to an interview on NRK (Norwegian equivalent of BBC). Currently assistant manager at Norwegian premiership side Brann.
«I have fond memories of my time at Portsmouth, particularly scoring the winner in the 3rd minute of injury time against Blackpool. It was such a shame that things went so wrong financially I felt so sorry for the club and the fans. I would have liked to have stayed there longer».

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - dsmg - 22-04-2023

Me too

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Hammie - 22-04-2023

most Scandinavians we have had have been decent and understood pompey to boot.

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 22-04-2023

I remember him and way before him Mattias Svensson and way before him Bjorn ‘Benny’ Kristensen who won us a league cup game against Everton in the early 90’s. Svensson a former used car salesman scored against Leeds in the FA Cup in 1997 in a shock win at Elland Road followed by a conga line in front of the Pompey fans after the match

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Northstander - 22-04-2023

Yes Erik The Viking remember him well

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Hammie - 22-04-2023

One of the few times Tel organised the team. put two big guys on the wing and thrashed a very very good Leeds team. One of very few times we've had a manager with imagination.

I had the replay of that game against Leeds sent to me by a good friend on the Isle of Wight on VCR cassette. Living in Australia it was one of the first full Pompey matches I had ever seen. The first being a 0-1 win against Reading back in 96. I think Jimmy Carter scored the winner

That’s when Reading played at Elm Park

Actually now that I think about it I think Alan McLoughlin scored the winner. Macca was a Pompey legend no doubt. Rest in Peace Macca

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Northstander - 22-04-2023

I remember a 0.0 at Elm Park, was that an awful game. I parked in a local B and Q and didn't get a ticket (just looked it up Aug 1994)

(22-04-2023, 05:43 PM)Northstander Wrote: I remember a 0.0 at Elm Park, was that an awful game. I parked in a local B and Q and didn't get a ticket (just looked it up Aug 1994)

The match I watched was in 1996 and we won

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - dsmg - 22-04-2023

Could do with Macca now

We were wearing the red and black striped away kit with ‘The News’ as our shirt sponsors

(22-04-2023, 05:48 PM)dsmg Wrote: Could do with Macca now

His hat trick against then Premier League behemoths Blackburn in the FA Cup was absolutely epic

My dad is a Tottenham fan by the way. I started following Pompey on my own volition simply because it’s the nearest team to where I’m from (Ventnor on the Isle of Wight), my cousins and aunty live in Portsmouth and it’s the only result I actually give a shit about. I spent my formative years listening for our results on the radio with James Akexander Gordon. This club in 2008 gave me the chance to be with my grandparents when we made the cup final and I went. I do not regret for a second not following my dads team. In fact I think it was fate that brought me to Pompey, through loyalty to where I’m from and I wouldn’t change that because of the joy in football and in seeing my family back in England that through fate or divine intervention or whatever it is that this club has given me

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - simonfkwit - 22-04-2023

He was back a few months ago for his stag do. Had a good chat with him in the Staggeringly Good.
Proper good bloke. Loved it here and couldn't speak highly enough of Cotterill. Appleton on the other hand...

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - Hammie - 23-04-2023

It is such a shame that among all the financial problems and change of personnel, that we have lost any real links to our players of yesterday club wise. The Legend apart.
Awfs and Hards did such a great job of rebuilding the youth scheme from nothing, Macca was a much respected coach. Whitts coaches strikers all over the place.
All of them could help to ensure current player learn to get home advantage from Fratton and fans,
Awfs especially is someone that I think would still make a difference in the lower age groups.

And get Vinnie back and let him teach Dale how to be a proper winger

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - stayinupforever - 24-04-2023

Except Macca of course.

RE: Erik Huseklepp, remember him? - slayer - 25-04-2023

Have Erik the Viking and Lewis Capaldi ever been seen in the same room?