TrueBlueArmy Forums
Transfer Rumors - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Transfer Rumors (/showthread.php?tid=3038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 10-05-2023

Get rid he’s a L2 player at best

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 12-05-2023

I see Lewis Wing has been released, could do a good job here, still got a couple of seasons in him yet, only 27. Also Finn Azez has returned to Villa after spending last season on loan at Plymouth were he had a great season.

RE: Transfer Rumors - blueandwight - 12-05-2023

Sonny Bradley as well although he's 31 years old and just about 'inked out'!
Depending on how ambitious we are we should keep an eye on the Whatmough sutuation as well...he only seems to get paid occasionally!
On a similar point I was watching Sunderland on the box recently...are we sure we bought the right Hume?!! Check it out.

RE: Transfer Rumors - mikey393 - 13-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 12:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I see Lewis Wing has been released, could do a good job here, still got a couple of seasons in him yet, only 27. Also Finn Azez has returned to Villa after spending last season on loan at Plymouth were he had a great season.

Agree on Wing. We missed out on him last Summer down to wages i believe but not 1005 sure. Josh Scowen if available would also be a good signing.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Theyak2 - 14-05-2023

Junior Tchamadeu at Colchester who finished just above relegation found himself in the efl league 2 team of the year.
Right midfielder who really can motor, destined for better things.
We should be looking to sign him. Him and Paddy Lane on the right would be awesome at league 1 level

RE: Transfer Rumors - stayinupforever - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 07:28 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Junior Tchamadeu at Colchester who finished just above relegation found himself in the efl league 2 team of the year.
Right midfielder who really can motor, destined for better things.
We should be looking to sign him. Him and Paddy Lane on the right would be awesome at league 1 level
Need to improve on Curtis for the left too as he's not quick enough.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Hammie - 14-05-2023

If today's rumours about Morrell are true, with one year left on his contract are we better to cash n or keep whatever the eventual cost?
Personally, I like both him and Lowery but am not convinced we can play them both, purely for the need for some physical size against the many northern sides in this league. Plus neither can finish for toffee.
So if we get a decent offer and can keep one, swapping the other for a sightly bigger, faster option who can add some goals, that would seem to improve the squad.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 15-05-2023

We don’t need Morrell or Lowrey to be finishers we need them to supply the finishers.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pedalo_menders - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 02:13 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: We don’t need Morrell or Lowrey to be finishers we need them to supply the finishers.

Sort of. They won't be the main reliance for goals but they certainly should be popping up with the odd goal to help the team out. (Same goes for the CB's at corners). Almost all promotion teams spread their goals throught the team and are a threat from midfield.

If we have to lose one of Morrell or Bishop, it's a far better prospect to let Morrell go.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Kingo - 16-05-2023

Sign the bloke from Charlton who always rips us to bits. Is it Blackett-Taylor? At least that would save us from embarrassment in two games.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 17-05-2023

(16-05-2023, 09:49 PM)Kingo Wrote: Sign the bloke from Charlton who always rips us to bits. Is it Blackett-Taylor?  At least that would save us from embarrassment in two games.

Just signed a new contract I believe!

Sully Kaikai also for that who is a free agent

RE: Transfer Rumors - firqdays - 17-05-2023

That does make sense Hammie - they are two peas in a pod and a luxury we can't really afford.

We do need a heavy destroyer in midfield.

RE: Transfer Rumors - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 17-05-2023

Moose has he wants to play Lowery in a more advanced role next season and wants more goals from him. Sounds like he is thinking about playing 4-5-1 with Morrell playing as the central attacking playmaker but I’m only guessing on that formation

RE: Transfer Rumors - Cunninglinguist - 17-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 07:55 AM)firqdays Wrote: That does make sense Hammie - they are two peas in a pod and a luxury we can't really afford.

I don’t think that breaking up the opposition play was an issue (particularly when we used Thompson).

Pack is rather slow and Lowery a bit lightweight.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 17-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 11:25 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(17-05-2023, 07:55 AM)firqdays Wrote: That does make sense Hammie - they are two peas in a pod and a luxury we can't really afford.

I don’t think that breaking up the opposition play was an issue (particularly when we used Thompson).

We shouldn’t have to break up play. We should be dominating play!

RE: Transfer Rumors - Cunninglinguist - 17-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 11:54 AM)Daniel Wrote:

I think the opposition players of Plymouth, Ipswich, Barnsley etc, etc, probably had something to do with that not happening.

We have no divine right to win.

RE: Transfer Rumors - foxleyblue - 17-05-2023

Get the squad to sit down and watch Leeds United under Revie, they new how to break-up play and dominate  Big Grin

RE: Transfer Rumors - DeepBlue - 17-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 11:54 AM)Daniel Wrote:

How can you dominate play if you don't win the ball back ?

RE: Transfer Rumors - mikey393 - 17-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 10:08 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Moose has he wants to play Lowery in a more advanced role next season and wants more goals from him. Sounds like he is thinking about playing 4-5-1 with Morrell playing as the central attacking playmaker but I’m only guessing on that formation
Lowery could work in a more advanced position chipping in with a few goals.

I can't see Morell 
as the central attacking playmaker.

Does anyone else?

RE: Transfer Rumors - Hammie - 17-05-2023

How can you dominate play if you don't win the ball back ?
Watching Man City totally dominate a very good Real Madrid side tonight suggests if you spend that level of money you don't need to win it back cos the other side hardly ever has it.

RE: Transfer Rumors - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 17-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 04:32 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(17-05-2023, 10:08 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Moose has he wants to play Lowery in a more advanced role next season and wants more goals from him. Sounds like he is thinking about playing 4-5-1 with Morrell playing as the central attacking playmaker but I’m only guessing on that formation
Lowery could work in a more advanced position chipping in with a few goals.

I can't see Morell 
as the central attacking playmaker.

Does anyone else?

Moose see’s Morrell as a box to box type of midfielder and has told him he obviously needs to not let the team down by getting more disciplined in his approach so as to avoid too many suspensions and red cards

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 18-05-2023

(17-05-2023, 09:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: How can you dominate play if you don't win the ball back ?
Watching Man City totally dominate a very good Real Madrid side tonight suggests if you spend that level of money you don't need to win it back cos the other side hardly ever has it.

Exactly this. We should be dominating 75% of the teams in this league especially at home.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Cunninglinguist - 18-05-2023

75%?

That would put us around 6th. Not far off that this season.

I think we need to do far better.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 18-05-2023

(18-05-2023, 06:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: 75%?

That would put us around 6th. Not far off that this season.

I think we need to do far better.

I say dominating 75%. There will be around 25% where we need to play a bit differently.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 22-05-2023

Matthew Pennington Centre back from Shrewsbury