TrueBlueArmy Forums
Transfer Rumors - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Transfer Rumors (/showthread.php?tid=3038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 04:34 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 10:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Sorry for calling out your bullshit Mikey.

No Problem, Honest Bullshit you wind Up merchant!!!

I wasn’t winding you up Mikey, I was pointing out your bullshit.

RE: Transfer Rumors - mikey393 - 05-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 11:34 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 04:34 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 10:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Sorry for calling out your bullshit Mikey.

No Problem, Honest Bullshit you wind Up merchant!!!

I wasn’t winding you up Mikey, I was pointing out your bullshit.

Well many thanks for doing that as you appear to have nothing better to do!

I was just pointing out that they could make a good goal scoring partrnership that's all.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 05-06-2023

Indeed they could, messi would do well too, maybe offer him £5k a week and regular games and he’ll come as well.

RE: Transfer Rumors - BigSmokeBlue - 06-06-2023

We have apparently cooled our interest in Tommy Leigh. The £200k asking price does not present value for money supposedly. Hence why we are now looking at AFC Wimbledons Ethan Chislett, who is available on a free. However, he is a league 2 player and Leigh was a proven goal scorer at League 1 last season and a better player IMHO.

I really hope this is a bit of kidology from Pompey.

I also hope we haven’t ruled out signing Sam Smith from Cambridge, who would provide idea competition to Colby. There is no way Bishop can play 50+ games next season.

RE: Transfer Rumors - DeepBlue - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 01:58 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: We have apparently cooled our interest in Tommy Leigh. The £200k asking price does not present value for money supposedly. Hence why we are now looking at AFC Wimbledons Ethan Chislett, who is available on a free. However, he is a league 2 player and Leigh was a proven goal scorer at League 1 last season and a better player IMHO.

I also hope we haven’t ruled out signing Sam Smith from Cambridge, who would provide idea competition to Colby. There is no way Bishop can play 50+ games next season.

Chislett has played more games in  League One than he has in League Two, but I'd agree Leigh is better buy. He has more of a goal threat, and more to the point is ex-Pompey youth, whereas Chislett was with Scum youth.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 01:58 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: We have apparently cooled our interest in Tommy Leigh. The £200k asking price does not present value for money supposedly. Hence why we are now looking at AFC Wimbledons Ethan Chislett, who is available on a free. However, he is a league 2 player and Leigh was a proven goal scorer at League 1 last season and a better player IMHO.

According to the News, honestly do not believe a word of it. They know nothing.

What was the last signing they got right?

Why would Colby need to play 50+ games?

RE: Transfer Rumors - mikey393 - 06-06-2023

If true that's quite worrying in that they may only want to sign players on a free transfers.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Gerry Hatrick - 07-06-2023

BREAKING NEWS!
Apparently that rumour about a story that was said by sources to be linked us after the suggestion of interest by the club, isn't true after all.

Damn!

RE: Transfer Rumors - TBP - 07-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 11:25 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: BREAKING NEWS!
Apparently that rumour about a story that was said by sources to be linked us after the suggestion of interest by the club, isn't true after all.

Damn!

Not according to the News.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 07-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 12:15 PM)TBP Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 11:25 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: BREAKING NEWS!

Damn!

Not according to the News.

But what about Twitter?

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 07-06-2023

I’d like to think that the players we are currently going after no one has a clue and it just happens no leaks no nothing.

Also like to see the Irish league targeted lots of good talent playing over there and will be cheap

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 07-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 12:39 PM)Daniel Wrote: I’d like to think that the players we are currently going after no one has a clue and it just happens no leaks no nothing.

Also like to see the Irish league targeted lots of good talent playing over there and will be cheap

Agreed and I believe that to be the case.

The News have to fill their advert riddled site with stories and that’s all they are.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 08-06-2023

Nathan Thompson has gone to Stevenage.

RE: Transfer Rumors - BigSmokeBlue - 08-06-2023

Now showing an interest in 26 year old Notts County forward Ruben Rodrigues. He is now out of contract, scored 19 goals in the National League last season and made 16 assists.

I know these are just rumours, but I would rather Pompey focussed their efforts on proven players at league one level and above. Colby Bishop, Joe Morrell, Joe Rafferty and Marlon Pack being a case in point. 

Being linked with young talented lower league players is fine, but when they are 26 and never played at our level e.g. Reeco Hackett, you have to wonder why no one had taken a chance on them before...and then you see them play.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 08-06-2023

I’m sure Richard Hughes etc are aware of ages etc. An up and coming 19-20 yr old premier league nipper can be just as big a disappointment as a 25-27 yr old lower league player.
Tyler Walker is just one of several recent such disasters.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 01:47 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Now showing an interest in 26 year old Notts County forward Ruben Rodrigues. He is now out of contract, scored 19 goals in the National League last season and made 16 assists.

I know these are just rumours, but I would rather Pompey focussed their efforts on proven players at league one level and above. Colby Bishop, Joe Morrell, Joe Rafferty and Marlon Pack being a case in point. 

Being linked with young talented lower league players is fine, but when they are 26 and never played at our level e.g. Reeco Hackett, you have to wonder why no one had taken a chance on them before...and then you see them play.

He doesn’t fit into either of the category the club have repeatedly said we are looking to sign. There will be a mix of the likes of Lane and Towler looking for future value and those more experienced.

I shouldn’t think the club are focused on this bloke.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Cunninglinguist - 08-06-2023

I’m going to suggest that if you read about it, it ain’t happenin’.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 10-06-2023

One thing that comes across when talking about transfers is they keep mentioning one will set off the standard for the summer (not 100% on the wording but it’s along those lines) I wonder if they have a big signing coming in.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 10-06-2023

Other than the ones JM has mentioned such as Macey and Bernard and possibly Whyte then I would imagine the rest will players that haven’t been mentioned up until they sign eg. Towler and Lane

RE: Transfer Rumors - BigSmokeBlue - 13-06-2023

Pompey are looking to sign 19 year old Liverpool attacker Harvey Blair on loan.

RE: Transfer Rumors - dsmg - 13-06-2023

Hope he's better than Scarlett was for us. Scarlett may well go on to be good but he was thrown in at the deep end and not played in his best position.

RE: Transfer Rumors - fredscuttle`s hampton - 13-06-2023

Hackett-Fairchild agrees deal with imps.
https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfer-rumour-thread.130750/page-35

RE: Transfer Rumors - Rocketman - 13-06-2023

Sorry to see Reeco go, but I guess if you haven't established yourself by the age òf 25 then it's time to move on.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Gerry Hatrick - 13-06-2023

Nice lad, committed to the cause but glad to see him go. One of several players who cut such frustrated figures last term. Glimpses of promising talents are not enough anymore. We need people who can deliver week in, week out.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Cunninglinguist - 13-06-2023

Yep, not gonna get up with the likes of Reeco. Not a bad player just too inconsistent. We need good players who can be consistent. Showing promise is only good for the future. We need performances now!