TrueBlueArmy Forums
Transfer Rumors - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Transfer Rumors (/showthread.php?tid=3038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Transfer Rumors - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 09:39 AM)dsmg Wrote: Hope he's better than Scarlett was for us. Scarlett may well go on to be good but he was thrown in at the deep end and not played in his best position.

Well he was played up in a front 2 quite a lot actually and other than a very bright start basically fizzled out as an attacking threat (as did the whole team in the last 3 months of the Cowley era) and then when we went with a lone striker had to make himself useful in an unfamiliar position and again was unsuccessful in that role. I wish him all the best with his career (except if he goes to scum at any point) and hope he for his sake he proved us wrong, but I can’t see it. Maybe I’m wrong, who knows but time will tell and that is something at 19 he should have a lot left of both in his football career and life in general

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 11:56 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(13-06-2023, 09:39 AM)dsmg Wrote: Hope he's better than Scarlett was for us. Scarlett may well go on to be good but he was thrown in at the deep end and not played in his best position.

Well he was played up in a front 2 quite a lot actually and other than a very bright start basically fizzled out as an attacking threat (as did the whole team in the last 3 months of the Cowley era) and then when we went with a lone striker had to make himself useful in an unfamiliar position and again was unsuccessful in that role. I wish him all the best with his career (except if he goes to scum at any point) and hope he for his sake he proved us wrong, but I can’t see it. Maybe I’m wrong, who knows but time will tell and that is something at 19 he should have a lot left of both in his football career and life in general

He was absolute dog shit in my opinion. If he performed better maybe we wouldn’t have gone to a lone striker.

He might go on to be a star but I doubt it.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 13-06-2023

I see we’re linked with Bournemouth’s Christian Saydee. If we are it really doesn’t excite me. A very average scoring rate if that. Watched him last season for us against the Hawks pre season, he was average to say the least.

RE: Transfer Rumors - DeepBlue - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 01:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I see we’re linked with Bournemouth’s Christian Saydee. If we are it really doesn’t excite me. A very average scoring rate if that. Watched him last season for us against the Hawks pre season, he was average to say the least.

Agreed.  

He did not do much at Shrewsbury last season, and in that Havant game he looked like the winner of a fan competition to get a game with the team.  A tub of lard with no speed , the only entertainment value being that defenders bounced off him. 

We must do better than him if we are serious about a promotion push.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 01:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I see we’re linked with Bournemouth’s Christian Saydee. If we are it really doesn’t excite me. A very average scoring rate if that. Watched him last season for us against the Hawks pre season, he was average to say the least.

Problem is no one with big quality will come in to be bishops number 2. He is a good option big, powerful and pacy

We’re also looking at 24 yr old Kusini Yengi from Australia (Western Sydney wanderers), a striker

(13-06-2023, 04:08 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Problem is no one with big quality will come in to be bishops number 2. He is a good option big, powerful and pacy

No he’s not. He’s utter bilge. He makes Tyler Walker look like Pele ( not even the crap scummer one).

RE: Transfer Rumors - DeepBlue - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 04:08 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Pacy ????  Have you seen him play ? Slower than Akinfenwa on the evidence of that Havant game and his performace for Shrewsbury at FP.

RE: Transfer Rumors - exterminator - 13-06-2023

Andy Moonface Tweeting

"I know you shouldn’t open presents on Christmas Eve

But......"

RE: Transfer Rumors - Lawrence - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 05:28 PM)exterminator Wrote: Andy Moonface Tweeting

But......"

Apparently we're close to getting Messi. It all depends if the 20% off discount card at Shirt King impresses him enough.

RE: Transfer Rumors - mikey393 - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 08:38 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Pompey are looking to sign 19 year old Liverpool attacker Harvey Blair on loan.

Good potential. Right winger with 1 in 3 scoring record after onlystarting 23% of games:

Harvey Blair - Player profile 22/23 | Transfermarkt

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pedalo_menders - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 05:57 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(13-06-2023, 05:28 PM)exterminator Wrote: Andy Moonface Tweeting

But......"

Apparently we're close to getting Messi. It all depends if the 20% off discount card at Shirt King impresses him enough.

Yes, I was chatting with a mate if he or Mbappé would be the better partner for Colby.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Cunninglinguist - 14-06-2023

Mbappé. A lot of unfulfilled potential there. We could bring out the best in him.

RE: Transfer Rumors - TBP - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 05:58 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Mbappé. A lot of unfulfilled potential there. We could bring out the best in him.

No we couldn't.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 14-06-2023

I recommend this lad to Richard Hughes towards the end of last season. Glad we’re having a look.
Glentoran are my local Irish league team.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/northern-ireland-under-21-international-starlet-linked-with-portsmouth-sunderland-oxford-and-palace-4182529?fbclid=IwAR0FeACdXv18qD_6duy1Ppg0YoEy4wjB35kaNdRfQ_b0Bixbuum7wmno13c_aem_th_AaUDXqfy2yLLq_cF8ZZ4z-j5zFeNvuzw3CP2kURB_SlMNVNTKulweceuIxEF-SMdVwk

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 12:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I recommend this lad to Richard Hughes towards the end of last season. Glad we’re having a look.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/northern-ireland-under-21-international-starlet-linked-with-portsmouth-sunderland-oxford-and-palace-4182529?fbclid=IwAR0FeACdXv18qD_6duy1Ppg0YoEy4wjB35kaNdRfQ_b0Bixbuum7wmno13c_aem_th_AaUDXqfy2yLLq_cF8ZZ4z-j5zFeNvuzw3CP2kURB_SlMNVNTKulweceuIxEF-SMdVwk

Someone on Twitter saying he was spoken to at the airport today saying he was on his way here. But that’s probably just waffle

I emailed Richard Hughes back at the end of April. He’s one of the best young NI talents to come through in a while.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 12:16 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I recommend this lad to Richard Hughes towards the end of last season. Glad we’re having a look.

Did you tell anyone about that? Probably where the story came from if you did.

I was pissed off, with that I must admit , although it wasn’t from me. That was printed about 3 days after I emailed RH.
I’ve been keeping my eye on this lad, he made his debut for Portadown ( if I remember) (just checked ,it was Dungannon Swifts) at 17. The Glens snapped him and he played last season in a box to box role. He’s also been called into the NI squad ( don’t know if it’s as a layer or just for experience).
The Danske Premier League is about top half national league / bottom of L2 standard.

Sorry PG100 I thought you meant the News article about the top up and coming NI talent the News printed in May ?
Other than a few close friends I hadn’t/ haven’t ( until now) mentioned it.

RE: Transfer Rumors - Daniel - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 01:28 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I was pissed off, with that I must admit , although it wasn’t from me. That was printed about 3 days after I emailed RH.
I’ve been keeping my eye on this lad, he made his debut for Portadown ( if I remember) at 17. The Glens snapped him and he played last season in a box to box role. He’s also been called into the NI squad ( don’t know if it’s as a layer or just for experience).
The Danske Premier League is about top half national league / bottom of L2 standard.

Sorry PG100 I thought you meant the News article about the top up and coming  NI talent the News printed in May ?

Lots of talent around the north and republic. All will be lowish wages and low risk but high reward of it comes off

RE: Transfer Rumors - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 01:28 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I was pissed off, with that I must admit , although it wasn’t from me. That was printed about 3 days after I emailed RH.
I’ve been keeping my eye on this lad, he made his debut for Portadown ( if I remember) at 17. The Glens snapped him and he played last season in a box to box role. He’s also been called into the NI squad ( don’t know if it’s as a layer or just for experience).

Sorry PG100 I thought you meant the News article about the top up and coming  NI talent the News printed in May ?

I thought you might have put on Twitter or something that you had recommended him and the News had picked it up and run it with a ‘source’.

I hardly ever check the News anymore, the website is so full of ads and the content Pompey wise is utter dogshit now.

I don't do twitter. Just facebook and a few sites like this.

RE: Transfer Rumors - tl73 - 15-06-2023

Good to see some early signings (4 no less!) through the door.

Hopefully a winger or 2 in soon so we have every position covered for the start of preseason training.

RE: Transfer Rumors - bluetagagain - 15-06-2023

We need a number 10

RE: Transfer Rumors - DeepBlue - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 12:55 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: We need a number 10

Tommy Leigh would fit that bill, but actually I think Lowery is potentially a very good no 10 - he has the intelligence to see a pass, and the speed of thought to execute passes very quickly. But needs to improve his goal threat to play there regularly.  And there's Paddy Lane too who can play there.