TrueBlueArmy Forums
Clarke’s off - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Clarke’s off (/showthread.php?tid=3052)

Pages: 1 2

Clarke’s off - Daniel - 08-05-2023

Looks like Robertson is the first out of the door!

RE: Clarke’s off - Theyak2 - 08-05-2023

Good leader and well respected but for me, he wasn't that good and his injury record is just plain awful

No loss for me either

RE: Clarke’s off - DeepBlue - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 03:40 PM)Daniel Wrote: Looks like Robertson is the first out of the door!

I know I'm probably in a minority but I think he will be a great loss.  He is a classy player and one the best passers of the ball in his position we have had, and he also has good dead ball delivery. 

But I suppose his inability to stay fit means he has to go because he is a big wage to have not playing regularly.

RE: Clarke’s off - bluetagagain - 08-05-2023

Me too, I actually thought he was the best CB we had at the club , but as previously said, his injury record would suggest the correct decision has been made.

RE: Clarke’s off - Daniel - 08-05-2023

Personally I think he would of been a better player for us if he wasn’t captain

RE: Clarke’s off - Pedalo_menders - 08-05-2023

It's a good thing he is going. He will have been on big wages and was not available for enough games for us. Nothing against the chap but we are better off without him.

RE: Clarke’s off - Roybatty - 09-05-2023

Should of payed whatmough what he wanted at the time but we signed sick note instead

RE: Clarke’s off - bluetagagain - 09-05-2023

We did pay him what he wanted, however, it was the length of contract that was the decider.

RE: Clarke’s off - bluebollox - 09-05-2023

Pleased he's off tbh, dont rate him as a captain or as a player. The future has to be Towler & if possible DiShon (or someone very similar).

RE: Clarke’s off - slayer - 09-05-2023

It's been obvious for months that he didn't want to be here and that he wanted to be back with Warner.

For any right minded manager, that should have made the captaincy untenable.

With his injury record, we should have agreed to terminate and cut him loose six months ago.

RE: Clarke’s off - Pompeyg100 - 09-05-2023

What are the chances he goes to Derby and gets promoted?

RE: Clarke’s off - TBP - 09-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 03:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: What are the chances he goes to Derby and gets promoted?

And stays fit all season.

RE: Clarke’s off - slayer - 09-05-2023

Chances he goes to Derby: odds on
Chances he goes to Derby and gets promoted: 8/1
Changes he goes to Derby, gets promoted and stays fit all season: 50/1 lol

RE: Clarke’s off - Hammie - 09-05-2023

Seemed half decent but injury prone. Most of all, you need a defensive unit that can play week in week out. Thinking of championship teams, they are robust and just play together all season, pretty much.
Been hard for Ragettino playing with a constantly changing partner along side him.

RE: Clarke’s off - TBP - 10-05-2023

(09-05-2023, 06:59 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Chances he goes to Derby: odds on
Chances he goes to Derby and gets promoted: 8/1
Changes he goes to Derby, gets promoted and stays fit all season: 50/1 lol

If the FP fitness and medical staff are the problem, then moving away will solve his fitness issues.

RE: Clarke’s off - Cunninglinguist - 10-05-2023

He had fitness problems before he got to Fratton.

RE: Clarke’s off - Hammie - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 05:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: He had fitness problems before he got to Fratton.

as did so many of our signings.

RE: Clarke’s off - TBP - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 05:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: He had fitness problems before he got to Fratton.

as did so many of our signings.

And did any of them get any better while they were here?

RE: Clarke’s off - slayer - 10-05-2023

Fitness coaches aren't surgeons lol

NC seemed to believe that our fitness set up was better than everyone else so could solve long standing fitness issues.
I guess with Thompson they did make a difference shame he seems to be on his way out really.

RE: Clarke’s off - exterminator - 10-05-2023

I spoke to Clark Robertson a few months back in the spa at PHFC (Roko) when he was injured.

He was quietly spoken & certainly didn't come across as captain material but was obviously well p!ssed off with his continual injury problems, all he wanted to do was get fit & play football for PFC.

At 30 in September his injury problems aren't going to get any better......sound decision by JM.

one little thing re all the training injuries
they are relaying the training ground pitch
are the two things linked?
So might we see some improvement?

RE: Clarke’s off - Roybatty - 11-05-2023

You knew he wasn't captain material,when he was rattled by the bloke at the fans forum saying "he shouldn't be captain"

RE: Clarke’s off - Cunninglinguist - 11-05-2023

We need to sign a captain because Pack isn’t one either.

RE: Clarke’s off - Pompeyg100 - 11-05-2023

He was made captain because DC wanted a captain who wasn’t normal captain material.