TrueBlueArmy Forums
League One Playoffs - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: League One Playoffs (/showthread.php?tid=3060)

Pages: 1 2

League One Playoffs - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 12-05-2023

Who would you like not to play next season? I personally hope Sheffield Wednesday go up

RE: League One Playoffs - Slagger - 12-05-2023

Wednesday looking disadvantaged at the present moment…

RE: League One Playoffs - Hammie - 12-05-2023

Whichever sides miss out, their squad is likely to be raided so I don't much care.
For our away fans, it would be nice to see a northern team go up and a southern team come into our league.

RE: League One Playoffs - Slagger - 12-05-2023

Blimey 4 - 0 Posh now…

RE: League One Playoffs - dsmg - 12-05-2023

Wednesday finished 19 points above Petebro, often the way.

RE: League One Playoffs - bluetagagain - 12-05-2023

Bottled the league now they’ve bottled the playoffs. Can’t see them hanging onto their better players for another season in L1

RE: League One Playoffs - blueandwight - 12-05-2023

I dunno about Wednesday.
I'm pretty sure that Peterboro will struggle to hold onto their better players even they get promoted.

RE: League One Playoffs - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 13-05-2023

How’s Wednesday’s finances? How long can they stay in League One paying Championship wages for? Well I assume they still have players on high wages anyway. Any rumours about Wednesdays finances getting around? I just want an easier path to promotion that’s all

RE: League One Playoffs - Daniel - 13-05-2023

No way Wednesday can afford to keep Barry Bannan and other huge earners in league one next season

RE: League One Playoffs - Slagger - 13-05-2023

Imagine how we would feel finishing on 96 points and not going up via the autos. I expect we would have imploded too. 96 is highest ever points tally for a team not going up automatically.

RE: League One Playoffs - Pompeyg100 - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 08:13 AM)Slagger Wrote: Imagine how we would feel finishing on 96 points and not going up via the autos. I expect we would have imploded too. 96 is highest ever points tally for a team not going up automatically.

Happens most seasons to the team that misses out on autos.

RE: League One Playoffs - Bluebob - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 08:27 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(13-05-2023, 08:13 AM)Slagger Wrote: Imagine how we would feel finishing on 96 points and not going up via the autos. I expect we would have imploded too. 96 is highest ever points tally for a team not going up automatically.

Happens most seasons to the team that misses out on autos.

Happened to us 92-93 season missed out on goal difference to West Ham. And Leicester who were 12 pts behind us knocked us out. Drawing at Oxford 5-5 done us especially when if I remember correctly we were 4-1 up.

RE: League One Playoffs - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 13-05-2023

And then Swindon beat Leicester in the playoff final and went on to probably the most dismal season of any club ever in the Premier League conceding over 100 goals in a season. Fraser Digby the Swindon goalkeeper sued the club after the season for a back injury caused by constantly picking the ball out of the net. Or so heard lol. I also remember Derby County having a horrific season in the Premier League once and getting a record low amount of points, I think they barely got 10 points all season but I might be wrong

RE: League One Playoffs - Theyak2 - 13-05-2023

Pompey were winning 2-5 at Oxford with 20 mins to go and 3-5 with just 3 mins to go!
Johnny 'Lager' Durnin, a later pompey legend started the comeback.
For me, it was that game that saw us fail to beat Harry Redknapp's west ham to the prem

RE: League One Playoffs - Hammie - 18-05-2023

Sheff Weds, might just do it.
I for one would like to see them do it, mainly as they finished 19 points clear.
It would also be funny.

RE: League One Playoffs - Pedalo_menders - 18-05-2023

Yes, I'd prefer Weds to do it. Peterborough will implode next season with all the off pitch drama going on. 

Mental that both teams won 4-0 at home

RE: League One Playoffs - stayinupforever - 18-05-2023

Dan Butler missed the penalty that sent Wednesday through.

RE: League One Playoffs - Pedalo_menders - 19-05-2023

(18-05-2023, 10:24 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Dan Butler missed the penalty that sent Wednesday through.

Dan Bottler

RE: League One Playoffs - Lawrence - 19-05-2023

(19-05-2023, 12:46 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(18-05-2023, 10:24 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Dan Butler missed the penalty that sent Wednesday through.

Dan Bottler

Can't believe Wednesday got that penalty awarded in the first half. The guy just ran into him! And in Extra Time, the referee totally bottled it and should've sent off the Wednesday bloke but didn't then they go up the other end and score.

Having said that, it's funny to see Ferguson blow another chance of glory after his glorious failure for Doncaster allowed us in to nick the L2 trophy.

Best team I've seen this season has been Barnsley, but I kind of want the dirty Wednesday feckers out of this league so we don't have to go through all that diving shite they did this season.

RE: League One Playoffs - exterminator - 19-05-2023

(19-05-2023, 01:17 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(19-05-2023, 12:46 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:

Dan Bottler

Can't believe Wednesday got that penalty awarded in the first half. The guy just ran into him! And in Extra Time, the referee totally bottled it and should've sent off the Wednesday bloke but didn't then they go up the other end and score.

Having said that, it's funny to see Ferguson blow another chance of glory after his glorious failure for Doncaster allowed us in to nick the L2 trophy.

Best team I've seen this season has been Barnsley, but I kind of want the dirty Wednesday feckers out of this league so we don't have to go through all that diving shite they did this season.

It was Nathan "The Flopper" Thompson who gave away the penalty- the amount of times he's "bought a foul", it came back to bite him.........Hard Big Grin Big Grin

Pleased for Bruno & laugh at McAnthony & Fungyson  Big Grin

RE: League One Playoffs - Slagger - 28-05-2023

A long journey to Carlisle next season then…

RE: League One Playoffs - Hammie - 28-05-2023

and two promotions at least decided on pens. Happily the teams in 3rd went up in the end, a bit of natural justice there.

RE: League One Playoffs - TBP - 29-05-2023

Just to be pedantic, Carlisle were below Stockport.

RE: League One Playoffs - stayinupforever - 29-05-2023

(28-05-2023, 03:59 PM)Slagger Wrote: A long journey to Carlisle next season then…
Hopefully not an evening game.

RE: League One Playoffs - Slagger - 29-05-2023

(29-05-2023, 06:42 AM)stayinupforever Wrote:
(28-05-2023, 03:59 PM)Slagger Wrote: A long journey to Carlisle next season then…
Hopefully not an evening game.

…which it could be if moved due to international players call ups. If of course we have any.