TrueBlueArmy Forums
Michael Eisner interview - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Michael Eisner interview (/showthread.php?tid=3092)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Michael Eisner interview - Daniel - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 12:35 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: But not all spectators will be coming by road.

An increase in ground capacity is what is wanted but both rail and road use will increase too. The idea of a rail link, that is easier to use, may well be more attractive to many, compared to an increased use of an already overused road system. There is also a huge parking issue that would need to be addressed, should cars be the preferred method of transport.

Park and ride. Maybe use the huge car park opposite king George playing fields behind village hotel?

RE: Michael Eisner interview - Cunninglinguist - 11-06-2023

Could do.

Shuttle to Cosham station.

RE: Michael Eisner interview - Hammie - 11-06-2023

During the winter, we could all park on the seafront and run shuttle buses in a circle to Fratton Parks. Would hv eto move all the camper vans that live there for free.

RE: Michael Eisner interview - mikey393 - 18-06-2023

Just watched the video & thought that is comments were very positive.

He's obviously not happy with lack of promotion after & years of stagnation on the pitch.

He discusses The Academy which he admits he didn't understand the competition from other teams on the S.Coast.

Surely, Mark Catlin at the time should have explained the system to him?

Also, he appears to be relying too much on the bridge being built which looks unlikely unless he's prepared to pay for it himself.

Someone on here asked which other clubs they looked at buying & as far as I know the main one was Reading.

They were a Championship club with a decent Academy but the debt was probably a lot more & running costs a lot higher. Pompey had a lot more potential with a good tradition & fan base.

RE: Michael Eisner interview - Rocketman - 18-06-2023

I agree, I thought it was an excellent candid/open interview. He didn't b-s-, just told it as he sees it and as he's always seen it.
I have no problem with the way the club is being run. Like everyone else I'd like to see a better level of player on the pitch, and maybe that's what we'll have this coming season (as we always say). Have to say I do enjoy the (usually) all-out effort by the teams in L1, unlike all the overpaid and mainly arrogant prima-donna cheating that goes on in the Prem!

RE: Michael Eisner interview - Hammie - 18-06-2023

Talking of cheating, the last few European games were mild blowingly bad.
Time the refs were backed to issue a card for every incident of cuddling instead of defending and all the many many varieties of cheating now called the dark arts. Backed up by video referees after games issuing more.

RE: Michael Eisner interview - firqdays - 19-06-2023

Right on Hammie - the "professional cheating" seems to be reaching new levels.

Do top teams include the dark arts at Academy level now ? As you say the rules of Association Football are very clear about what is - and isn't allowed concerning body contact.

It almost seems that referees - across the board- are applying a new set of parameters and 'allowances' inside the box than anywhere else on the pitch - an acceptance that makes a mockery of the rules.

I am concerned that it seems to be getting ever worse, and effectively a totally acceptable part of the game.

RE: Michael Eisner interview - Hammie - 19-06-2023

(19-06-2023, 08:07 AM)firqdays Wrote: Right on Hammie - the "professional cheating" seems to be reaching new levels.

Do top teams include the dark arts at Academy level now ? As you say the rules of Association Football are very clear about what is - and isn't allowed concerning body contact.

It almost seems that referees - across the board- are applying a new set of parameters and 'allowances' inside the box than anywhere else on the pitch - an acceptance that makes a mockery of the rules.

I am concerned that it seems to be getting ever worse, and effectively a totally acceptable part of the game.

my granddaughter is 17 and comes along for a few games a season, loves the atmosphere when it is hot.
Even she can see it from whichever stand we can manager to get three seats together. It makes her laugh actually, it is so blatant.