TrueBlueArmy Forums
Zac Swanson off? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Zac Swanson off? (/showthread.php?tid=3103)

Zac Swanson off? - BigSmokeBlue - 14-06-2023

Coverntry and Swansea City are both eyeing up a move for him.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Dibdenblue - 14-06-2023

Unless a ridiculous offer comes in then we have absolutely no reason to sell him with potentially 2 years left at the club.
If he goes I would see it as a backwards step. He is exactly the type of player we should be looking at so why sell.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - SJG53POMPEY - 14-06-2023

potentially a good move depending on the figures .. a potential treble of his value for instance could be another 200k in the wages budget etc ... small steps but if the club keep turning around a profit on players your only looking up

RE: Zac Swanson off? - DeepBlue - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 02:04 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: Unless a ridiculous offer comes in then we have absolutely no reason to sell him with potentially 2 years left at the club.
If he goes I would see it as a backwards step. He is exactly the type of player we should be looking at so why sell.

The model is buy them cheap, develop them and sell them on at a profit. And repeat. 

That's how Brentford did it. 

It's not as if it would leave us short at right back.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Roybatty - 14-06-2023

Surely arsenal would have had a sell on clause inserted in the deal?

RE: Zac Swanson off? - blueandwight - 14-06-2023

He showed a lot of promise until he got injured.
His versatility means he can only improve.
He 's under contract and our owner is a billionaire.
If the rumour is true, shall we show some genuine ambition by telling these very average Championship clubs to piss off

RE: Zac Swanson off? - SJG53POMPEY - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 02:38 PM)blueandwight Wrote: He showed a lot of promise until he got injured.
If the rumour is true, shall we show some genuine ambition by telling these very average Championship clubs to piss off

Irrelevant the owner is a billionaire !!!!   what part don't some fans get when the club needs to be self sufficient .
Doing good business in the transfer window does exactly that

RE: Zac Swanson off? - mike hunt - 14-06-2023

When he played in the FA cup @ spuds he was oustanding, I know he's been injured but surely if we wish to progress our club and get promoted these are the players we need to keep .

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Lawrence - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 02:49 PM)SJG53POMPEY Wrote:
(14-06-2023, 02:38 PM)blueandwight Wrote: He showed a lot of promise until he got injured.

Irrelevant the owner is a billionaire !!!!   what part don't some fans get when the club needs to be self sufficient .

I think Swanson's a quality player and I'd be surprised if we were able to pick up a similar level of talent at that age and at that price lower down the leagues. It certainly seems daft to take that risk when we know what he is capable of that. Ofcourse, if there's silly money then I guess we'll have no choice but I think his value will only increase.

It's slightly relevant that he is a billionaire because the owner is subsidising our losses. Even Eisner seems to have come to terms that you can't get promoted and still be in profit because there are too many clubs who are throwing more money at it in whatever league they are in.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Pedalo_menders - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 03:04 PM)Lawrence Wrote:

I think Swanson's a quality player and I'd be surprised if we were able to pick up a similar level of talent at that age and at that price lower down the leagues. It certainly seems daft to take that risk when we know what he is capable of that. Ofcourse, if there's silly money then I guess we'll have no choice but I think his value will only increase.

It's slightly relevant that he is a billionaire because the owner is subsidising our losses. Even Eisner seems to have come to terms that you can't get promoted and still be in profit because there are too many clubs who are throwing more money at it in whatever league they are in.

Hmm. Would depend on who we could get in as that would leave us with 2 sicknotes, in Rafferty & Hume.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 02:31 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(14-06-2023, 02:04 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: Unless a ridiculous offer comes in then we have absolutely no reason to sell him with potentially 2 years left at the club.

The model is buy them cheap, develop them and sell them on at a profit. And repeat. 

That's how Brentford did it. 

It's not as if it would leave us short at right back.

You can repeat this as much as you like, some refuse to let this sink in.

(14-06-2023, 03:04 PM)Lawrence Wrote:

Why wouldn’t we be able to replace like for like? Hundreds of kids leave premier league clubs every year. He’s not exactly a once in generation talent.

(14-06-2023, 02:35 PM)Roybatty Wrote: Surely arsenal would have had a sell on clause inserted in the deal?

We didn’t buy him did we?

It would probably cost them more in ink to have the clause than they would make from it.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - DeepBlue - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 06:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(14-06-2023, 02:35 PM)Roybatty Wrote: Surely arsenal would have had a sell on clause inserted in the deal?

It would probably cost them more in ink to have the clause than they would make from it.

We paid some money for him .. the famous 'undisclosed sum'.  But it's very unlikely that Arsenal would have wanted a sell-on clause, and none was reported at the time. 

I'd be very surprised if that undisclosed sum reached 6 figures so if we were offered 250k it could be good business. As long as he is replaced adequately (or could Mnoga step up?)

RE: Zac Swanson off? - slayer - 14-06-2023

I wonder how much on top we paid to make him look favourably on the deal?

(14-06-2023, 06:36 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(14-06-2023, 06:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

We paid some money for him .. the famous 'undisclosed sum'.  But it's very unlikely that Arsenal would have wanted a sell-on clause, and none was reported at the time. 

I'd be very surprised if that undisclosed sum reached 6 figures so if we were offered 250k it could be good business. As long as he is replaced adequately (or could Mnoga step up?)

Fair enough I couldn’t remember the details of signing him.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Hammie - 14-06-2023

might be a good loan option for someone else and for us. With a recall clause.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - slayer - 14-06-2023

Buy low sell high. If flogging Swanson funds a promotion push, tell me where I'm driving him and I'll bring the car around.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - Cunninglinguist - 15-06-2023

Now is not the time to sell Swanson (unless it’s for a seven figure sum). We need to use his ability to get us up. He isn’t the finished article yet but I expect him to take over Raffertys spot and kick on this season.

RE: Zac Swanson off? - mikey393 - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 07:00 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Now is not the time to sell Swanson (unless it’s for a seven figure sum). We need to use his ability to get us up. He isn’t the finished article yet but I expect him to take over Raffertys spot and kick on this season.

Totally agree Cunni. 

Why go out & buy him in the firstplace unless it's to sell on almost immediately which is a very bad policy.

He's a very good young player who we need to helppush us towards the Championship.