TrueBlueArmy Forums
Christian Saydee signs - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Christian Saydee signs (/showthread.php?tid=3107)

Christian Saydee signs - Robsquad - 14-06-2023

Christian Saydee on 3 year deal

He was rubbish on trial last year???

RE: Christian Saydee signs - DeepBlue - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 06:05 PM)Robsquad Wrote: Christian Saydee on 3 year deal

He certainly brings something different to the forward line if the something different you are looking for is bulk.

He has the potential to become a cult hero with the fans like Akinfenwa did at his clubs, but really I was hoping for someone better than a failed Cowley triallist who has only scored 7 goals in his life. 

At least he is only 21 so can improve.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2023

People really judging him on 1 preseason friendly on trial?

Amazing.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Daniel - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 06:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

He certainly brings something different to the forward line if the something different you are looking for is bulk.

He has the potential to become a cult hero with the fans like Akinfenwa did at his clubs, but really I was hoping for someone better than a failed Cowley triallist who has only scored 7 goals in his life. 

How many goals did George hirst score in his professional career before we signed him!?

RE: Christian Saydee signs - DeepBlue - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 06:30 PM)Daniel Wrote:

How many goals did George hirst score in his professional career before we signed him!?

Good point, but he at least looked like a footballer who could run and shoot.  Saydee when on trial couldn't hit a barn door, and certainly couldn't run. 

I hope I'm wrong and he has slimmed down and improved. We are signing a dozen players or so this summer, I don't expect to like all of them.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - slayer - 14-06-2023

Bit of revenge on Shrewsbury for last summer too

RE: Christian Saydee signs - exterminator - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 06:28 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: Sexy Saydee

One of your favourite  J! Heart @b00$ Gillsey  Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Pompeyg100 - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 06:45 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(14-06-2023, 06:30 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Good point, but he at least looked like a footballer who could run and shoot.  Saydee when on trial couldn't hit a barn door, and certainly couldn't run. 

I hope I'm wrong and he has slimmed down and improved. We are signing a dozen players or so this summer, I don't expect to like all of them.

The kid, 20 at the time? Was on trial with a manager who signed the best defensive striker he’s ever seen and couldn’t score goals.

Let’s see him play for a manager who wants strikers to score goals and not judge him on a preseason friendly.

How many of our team scored 1 in 3 last season?

RE: Christian Saydee signs - briefcase_wanchor - 14-06-2023

Saydee - you have a woman's name

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Hammie - 14-06-2023

delete

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Hammie - 14-06-2023

I'd buy that shirt if it was in my size, shame.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Cunninglinguist - 15-06-2023

Shrews certainly impressed with him.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - dsmg - 15-06-2023

Deep, not like you to write someone off before they start.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Theyak2 - 15-06-2023

Those that judge him on a trial need to get their heads out of their collective arses.
According to 'blue and amber' fans forum, he started like a train and that they would've loved to have signed him.
He faded towards the end of the season because of injury. Now we know something else about him. That he is a willing participant for a cause. We need that. He's going to be back up to Bishop or even in a two up front.
The fact pompey have made these signings early shows a level of organisation that we have not before and the willingness to spend money.
Let's see how this works out before dismissing it eh?!

RE: Christian Saydee signs - DeepBlue - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 06:26 AM)dsmg Wrote: Deep, not like you to write someone off before they start.

I know, but it's not before he starts in this case. He played for us against Havant & Gosport, and for Shrewsbury against us at Fratton Park, so it's based on three performances all showing the same failings. 

And the Shrewsbury fan I know gives me no encouragement that he has improved much ... he was marmite amongst their fans and it doesn't appear that Shrewsbury made any attempt to keep him. 

I'm not totally writing him off because my view is based on so few appearances and he is young.  I can see him coming off the bench and unsettling defences but not scoring many goals. And as I said I can see the way defenders bounce off him making him something of a cult hero.   Think Collins Msebuma  for the only comparitive player I can think of that we have had in the past.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - BigSmokeBlue - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 10:02 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(15-06-2023, 06:26 AM)dsmg Wrote: Deep, not like you to write someone off before they start.

I know, but it's not before he starts in this case. He played for us against Havant & Gosport, and for Shrewsbury against us at Fratton Park, so it's based on three performances all showing the same failings. 

And the Shrewsbury fan I know gives me no encouragement that he has improved much ... he was marmite amongst their fans and it doesn't appear that Shrewsbury made any attempt to keep him. 

I'm not totally writing him off because my view is based on so few appearances and he is young.  I can see him coming off the bench and unsettling defences but not scoring many goals. And as I said I can see the way defenders bounce off him making him something of a cult hero.   Think Collins Msebuma  for the only comparitive player I can think of that we have had in the past.

Bournemouth fans do not share the same opinion as you Deep. They are generally quite positive about Saydee, which should give us all some encouragement about his abilities:

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball ... 072/page-6

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Slagger - 15-06-2023

A three year contract suggests we are confident that he will come good.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - bluebollox - 15-06-2023

Lol, you must be baiting a hook there DB. Msebuma was a fat twat & completely & utterly out of his depth.

RE: Christian Saydee signs - Pompeyg100 - 15-06-2023

3 games out of his whole career, get a grip ffs and you wonder why I give you grief.

He scored 1 in 3 last season, 21 appearances, how many of our squad managed that?

(15-06-2023, 10:11 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote:

Bournemouth fans do not share the same opinion as you Deep. They are generally quite positive about Saydee, which should give us all some encouragement about his abilities:

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball ... 072/page-6

What would they know?! DB has seen him play 3 times!!!

RE: Christian Saydee signs - DeepBlue - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 11:32 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

3 games out of his whole career, get a grip ffs and you wonder why I give you grief.

He scored 1 in 3 last season, 21 appearances, how many of our squad managed that?

The comparision was more his physique and mobility, and the way defenders bounced off him, not his goalscoring record.

And yes, my opinion is couched with 'only seen him three times' and his youth, but surely I'm allowed an opinion and that opinion is that I was hoping for someone better.  I'm quite happy to give him a chance and quite happy for others to disagree with my opinion and I'll be even happier if he proves me wrong. 

But I was not the only one who came away from that Havant game with a negative opinion, I seem to remember Neil Allen using a phrase  something like 'not surprisingly' when his trial was ended.

(15-06-2023, 12:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(15-06-2023, 11:32 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

The comparision was more his physique and mobility, and the way defenders bounced off him, not his goalscoring record.

And yes, my opinion is couched with 'only seen him three times' and his youth, but surely I'm allowed an opinion and that opinion is that I was hoping for someone better.  I'm quite happy to give him a chance and quite happy for others to disagree with my opinion and I'll be even happier if he proves me wrong. 

But I was not the only one who came away from that Havant game with a negative opinion, I seem to remember Neil Allen using a phrase  something like 'not surprisingly' when his trial was ended.

You can have any opinion you want but you’re still wrong to base a signing on 3 games one of which was a trial. Clearly the club form on their opinions on more, thankfully.

You haven’t totally written him off? Certainly reads that way.