TrueBlueArmy Forums
Anthony Scully signs - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Anthony Scully signs (/showthread.php?tid=3113)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Hammie - 17-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 08:47 PM)bluetagagain Wrote:
(16-06-2023, 06:14 PM)Hammie Wrote: Just reread his stats
56 goals or assists in 106 games is pretty impressive, actually very impressive. In league one too.

BBC says it’s 37 goals in 106 appearances. Still good for a winger 1 in 3

which is why I said assists or goals, and our lack of wide assists was our biggest problem for me.
Either way if he is involved in a goal every two games that would be in a different stratosphere to the likes of our Dale and Koroma

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Pompeyg100 - 17-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 11:26 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: 'Chill Winston'!!
Is that some sort of throwaway racist remark?

Let's keep it to football x

No it’s not a racist remark in the slightest you nob.

Sorry I thought you got everything.

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Theyak2 - 17-06-2023

Ok Delbert, if you say so. 'Another stroppy one'!
Take up knitting mush, this isn't for you!

(17-06-2023, 07:54 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Ok Delbert, if you say so. 'Another stroppy one'!
Take up knitting mush, this isn't for you!

Lol you’re the one struggling sunshine and claiming racism.

Think you might be a bit too delicate.

Thought you wanted to stick to football??

Have you tried the other forums? They are a bit more pedestrian.

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Jizbag - 17-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 07:46 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Do you get it now PG100, it seems others caught on quick enough. Or are you just being a 'troll'!
BTW that's rhetorical as explained by the exclamation mark. No answer needed or wanted

It lost me as well.

If you look back Delbert you'll find I posted a rhetorical answer. Meaning it didn't want or need a reply. You couldn't help yourself and had to carry it on.
I asked you to keep it to football. You couldn't help yourself but carry on your spate.
You do realise that you are guilty of everything you're levelling at me! (See exclamation remark and not question mark - rhetorical)
Some of your football answers on questions have been insightful snd I've even agreed with.
The rest of this 'idocy' you like to get involved with is just that. You've done it to others as well. Your patronisation is boring and your use of 'sunshine' is frankly childish. Another contradiction in terms.
If you want to answer anything about football I'm happy to but the rest of this nonsense is done. As for other sites, I've kept my name and posting on decent sites right from 2003 on fratton faithful to here on this site
Alot of sites became stale when 'wankers' turn up.
Regards

I'm very confused...are you black?

Yes! Does that make a difference then?

RE: Anthony Scully signs - exterminator - 17-06-2023

Anthony Scully goals :

https://fb.watch/ldb4tpHGa6/

If that's what we've got to look forward to then I'd assume Colby Bishop is going have a 'belter'of a season too

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Lawrence - 17-06-2023

To clarify, theyak2, the term "chill winston" comes from Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels (cracking film by the way) and comes from a conversation between white two drugged up hippy cannabis growers. Nothing to do with colour (unless you want it to be of course)

I'd be more concerned about the earlier comment that Scully identifies as a "winger". Honestly, what is with these people innit and self identifying etc etc. (Id do a wink emoji if I knew what it looked like)

(17-06-2023, 08:43 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Yes!  Does that make a difference then?

Nope, just wondered what that was about.

RE: Anthony Scully signs - DeepBlue - 17-06-2023

I seem to remember Scully being linked to us under Cowley (probably just a lazy Lincoln connection) when he signed for Wigan.  He was certainly very good at Lincoln, I wonder why he flopped at Wigan ? 

His dad Tony was a half decent winger for QPR.

(17-06-2023, 08:39 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: If you look back Delbert you'll find I posted a rhetorical answer. Meaning it didn't want or need a reply. You couldn't help yourself and had to carry it on.
I asked you to keep it to football. You couldn't help yourself but carry on your spate.
You do realise that you are guilty of everything you're levelling at me! (See exclamation remark and not question mark - rhetorical)
Some of your football answers on questions have been insightful snd I've even agreed with.
The rest of this 'idocy' you like to get involved with is just that. You've done it to others as well. Your patronisation is boring and your use of 'sunshine' is frankly childish. Another contradiction in terms.
If you want to answer anything about football I'm happy to but the rest of this nonsense is done. As for other sites, I've kept my name and posting on decent sites right from 2003 on fratton faithful to here on this site
Regards

Good post. Are you on TPF by the way? I got banned from there a few years back...proper snowflakes.

(17-06-2023, 09:19 AM)Lawrence Wrote:

To clarify, theyak2, the term "chill winston" comes from Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels (cracking film by the way) and comes from a conversation between white two drugged up hippy cannabis growers. Nothing to do with colour (unless you want it to be of course)

I'd be more concerned about the earlier comment that Scully identifies as a "winger". Honestly, what is with these people innit and self identifying etc etc. (Id do a wink emoji if I knew what it looked like)

Actually Lawrence it was first used by Lenny Henry in his sitcom in the early 80"s telling his imaginary friend 'Delbert Watkins to 'chill Winston'. This since has been hailed by Lennie himself as racist to satisfy the original BBC audience.
Lock stock just used it as a line!
So everything to do with colour and clichés Lawrence!!!

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Slagger - 17-06-2023

Song for Scully: obviously the X-Files theme which fits ner ner, ner ner, ner ner perfectly - as if it wouldn’t!

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Roybatty - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 09:47 AM)Theyak2 Wrote:

Actually Lawrence it was first used by Lenny Henry in his sitcom in the early 80"s telling his imaginary friend 'Delbert Watkins to 'chill Winston'. This since has been hailed by Lennie himself as racist to satisfy the original BBC audience.
So everything to do with colour and clichés  Lawrence!!!

Must be racist if lenny henry said so,I was offended when Lenny made the film 'true identity' not because he whited up in the film,it was because it was such a shit film.

(17-06-2023, 08:39 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: If you look back Delbert you'll find I posted a rhetorical answer. Meaning it didn't want or need a reply. You couldn't help yourself and had to carry it on.
Regards

Lol you don’t get to decide who replies to what ya dickhead, it’s a public forum, if you don’t like it then fuck off!

You don’t want to engage with me then don’t, I couldn’t care less but for someone who says they don’t want to you can’t seem to stop.

Have a nice day sweetheart and I don’t want a reply thank you x x x

(17-06-2023, 10:15 AM)Roybatty Wrote:

Must be racist if lenny henry said so,I was offended when Lenny made the film 'true identity' not because he whited up in the film,it was because it was such a shit film.
Yes it was! :-)

RE: Anthony Scully signs - exterminator - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 09:27 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: I seem to remember Scully being linked to us under Cowley (probably just a lazy Lincoln connection) when he signed for Wigan.  He was certainly very good at Lincoln, I wonder why he flopped at Wigan ? 

He started off last season at Lincoln - played 5 matches & scored a goal. Wigan under Leam Richardson fought off 5 other championship clubs to sign him on deadline day.

After some substitute appearances for Wigwam he got a mystery niggly  injury. It was later diagnosed as a hernia which Wigan tried to manage but it  was eventually operated on in February. ( I wonder if due to Wigan financial situation at the time that they couldnt afford the cost of the operation any earlier) He played in Wigan last game of the season & was contracted there for a further 2 years. 

If he can rediscover his Lincoln form Richard Hughes/JM may well have played a blinder.

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Lawrence - 17-06-2023

Fair enough Yak. Forgot that but now you say it I do remember that.

No problem. Good line though!
Age does that to you!! Doh

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Cunninglinguist - 18-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 09:27 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: I seem to remember Scully being linked to us under Cowley (probably just a lazy Lincoln connection) when he signed for Wigan.  He was certainly very good at Lincoln, I wonder why he flopped at Wigan ? 

Wasn’t Tyler Walker also very good at Lincoln?

RE: Anthony Scully signs - Theyak2 - 18-06-2023

Hernia problems and wasn't fancied by Leam Richardson!!
Got to hope he is over that and that Leam was wrong!

RE: Anthony Scully signs - DeepBlue - 18-06-2023

(18-06-2023, 08:24 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Hernia problems and wasn't fancied by Leam Richardson!!
Got to hope he is over that and that Leam was wrong!

Is that the same Leam Richardson that signed him ?