TrueBlueArmy Forums
Scully in,Curtis out? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Scully in,Curtis out? (/showthread.php?tid=3118)

Pages: 1 2

Scully in,Curtis out? - stayinupforever - 17-06-2023

He's certainly quicker than Ronan

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Hammie - 17-06-2023

possible of course. Although with a long long season, having Curtis returning about Christmas would be rather handy.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - tl73 - 17-06-2023

A loan until January could be good cover until Curtis is fit. Hopefully there are not too many more loans after that though.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - DeepBlue - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 12:31 PM)tl73 Wrote: A loan until January could be good cover until Curtis is fit. Hopefully there are not too many more loans after that though.

we've signed him on a two year contract

We need 4 wingers and Curtis makes 3

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - DeepBlue - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 12:39 PM)tl73 Wrote: We need 4 wingers and Curtis makes 3

gotcha now ... thought you were suggesting Scully on loan. Apologies.

I'd agree, but don't think it will be an issue because I can't see Curtis being around, sounds like he is not too impressed with the offer being made to him.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Pompeyg100 - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 12:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 12:31 PM)tl73 Wrote: A loan until January could be good cover until Curtis is fit. Hopefully there are not too many more loans after that though.

we've signed him on a two year contract

Pretty sure he means getting a loan in until Curtis is fit.

Yep, still hoping Curtis stays but we'll have an answer either way within the next 2 weeks.

I'm all over the contracts, I have them in a spreadsheet Smile

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Hammie - 17-06-2023

gotta love a spreadsheet!

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - TBP - 17-06-2023

Whatever happened to good old A3 analysis sheets?

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - stayinupforever - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 07:29 PM)TBP Wrote: Whatever happened to good old A3 analysis sheets?

In triplicate

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - stayinupforever - 22-09-2023

Anyone know what's happening with Curtis?

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - FiftyYearsOn - 22-09-2023

To best of my knowledge he is a free agent rehabbing then getting up to fitness under his own steam. I assume the door and communications remains open here and the club will stay in contact with possibility of a short term contract if he is fit and ready around Christmas (should he want that).

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - bluetagagain - 22-09-2023

He’s still with us getting fit. I can’t see anything happening until the next TW but only if JM thinks there’s a need.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - DeepBlue - 22-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 01:34 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: He’s still with us getting fit. I can’t see anything happening until the next TW but only if JM thinks there’s a need.

There's no need to wait till next transfer window. He is out of contract, as soon as he is fit he can sort himself out with any club he wants. Highly unlikely that that will be us though, although JM has made noises to not close the door on that option he will almost certainly want a fresh start somehere else after being offered what he regarded as a very poor contract offer from us.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Hammie - 22-09-2023

Stevenage might come calling!

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Pedalo_menders - 22-09-2023

Curtis is a big ego and an inconsistent performer. Id rather not have him moaning about the pitch when things aren't going his way. 

That's just me though.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Cunninglinguist - 23-09-2023

I thought you liked moaning, Peds.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Pedalo_menders - 23-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 08:00 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I thought you liked moaning, Peds.

Yes, I like a good moan... but moaning should be kept to message boards and bedrooms, not on football pitches.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - D'Alessandro dreaming - 23-09-2023

It's a decision that will need be made with rationality and not emotion. If Rich and JM don't feel he can contribute then he won't be back. I like Curtis and while he has been inconsistent, he was played constantly out of position by Cowley. I thought his injury after starting to look back to his best was along with Morrell's constant suspensions are the major reasons our promising late season playoff bid fizzled out (although I couldn't have seen us winning them). It was a bad bad injury though and there have to be questions over whether he can hit the heights again.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - bluetagagain - 24-09-2023

Looks like Scully could be out for at least the rest of the year. He needs an operation to repair the meniscus on his knee.
Maybe Curtis could be cheap option with a contract until the end of the season.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - dsmg - 24-09-2023

Christ, another player we sign who gets crocked after 5 minutes

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Lawrence - 24-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 11:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Curtis is a big ego and an inconsistent performer. Id rather not have him moaning about the pitch when things aren't going his way. 

That's just me though.

Curtis was in the south stand yesterday and stayed until the end. Felt sorry for the bloke watching him walk in the street behind the south stand after the game in his onesie tracksuit. Hardly anybody noticed him as he passed including a few sing ptid.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - dsmg - 24-09-2023

Been a very good servant for Pompey in these five years. Definitely got Pompey and scored 57 goals in 226 appearances. Excellent return for a winger. Good luck to him, wherever he goes.

RE: Scully in,Curtis out? - Daniel - 24-09-2023

To be fair scully had a hernia problem last season nothing to do with his knee. The seasons before his hernia he played 35 and 43 games. Not really a crocked player just a bit unlucky having 2 completely problems