TrueBlueArmy Forums
The opposition - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The opposition (/showthread.php?tid=3144)

The opposition - Cunninglinguist - 25-06-2023

Includes everyone in our division.

Any major shakers in the transfer market? Lots on here who whinge about who we have or haven’t signed but other teams who have aspirations to beat us have to do the same scrabbling around for players. Who are we up against?

RE: The opposition - Theyak2 - 25-06-2023

I think Oxford utd have signed well. 5 or 6 in so far.
No one else stands out for me

RE: The opposition - Hammie - 25-06-2023

At least with 'Wigan and Reading coming down and in strife, the rest of the division might be slightly better placed than usual compared to the relegated lot and money. Might even become the norm for relegated clubs looking at championship fianances

RE: The opposition - bluebollox - 25-06-2023

Bolton I reckon will be strong. Derby the same.

RE: The opposition - Hammie - 25-06-2023

Derby (nd Bolton) show how quickly financial problems are swept under the carpet and clubs and fans just carry on regardless.

RE: The opposition - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 26-06-2023

Swept under the carpet problems means they still have problems just out of sight. Is this actually the case? I’m guessing only they will know

RE: The opposition - bluetagagain - 26-06-2023

I think Oxford could be a force this year they’ve made a couple off good signings so far, although last seasons squad for them was poor.

RE: The opposition - Cunninglinguist - 26-06-2023

Who have Oxford got that are any good? They spending big?

RE: The opposition - Pompey_in_Derby - 26-06-2023

Interesting developments on the opposition front!

First up is that nauseating Joey Barton and his bunch of thugs. They've just signed Jevani Brown, who's sure to get a hostile reception from the FP crowd - and especially from our female fans!

As for financially strapped Reading, they've offered their manager's job to scummer Selles. Could be a match made in heaven. After all, he has achieved a grand total of 2 wins in his entire managerial career and Reading have a transfer embargo with possible points deductions to follow! Then again, they may remain without a manager if he's refused a work permit!

RE: The opposition - Northstander - 27-06-2023

Bristol Rovers have signed a couple of players as well as Jevani Brown, his court case is scheduled for early July. Barton starts a 3 match stadium ban at Fp for misconduct towards a Referee following a home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday. Charlton have signed Chichester born goalkeeper Harry Isted after his release by Luton Town. Isted impressed when on loan to Barnsley at the end of last season. If Charlton's take over is concluded successfully I would expect them to sign more. They had a bid accepted for Alfie May but the signing hasnt gone through yet.

RE: The opposition - bluetagagain - 27-06-2023

(26-06-2023, 07:32 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Who have Oxford got that are any good? They spending big?

Josh McEachran and Ruben Rodriques

RE: The opposition - Daniel - 27-06-2023

(27-06-2023, 11:10 AM)bluetagagain Wrote:
(26-06-2023, 07:32 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Who have Oxford got that are any good? They spending big?

Josh McEachran and Ruben Rodriques

Rodrigues won’t have Langstaff in front of him inflating his numbers.

also won’t be playing against part time plumbers or electricians he won’t be getting the same time or space he had in the national league.

RE: The opposition - Cunninglinguist - 27-06-2023

It’s amazing, the in depth knowledge of other teams/leagues players there is on this forum.

I can just about work out whether our players are shit, or not.

RE: The opposition - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 27-06-2023

I think Sean Raggett is borderline shit. Some good points some bad. He’s no Matt Clarke or Adam Webster let’s put it that way

RE: The opposition - Cunninglinguist - 27-06-2023

I think there would be quite a few league 1 sides who would like to have him. I wouldn’t see a rush from Championship teams, clamouring for his services.

Despite a lot of negative comments on here, I doubt there would be many who’d want to see him on the opposition team sheet.

RE: The opposition - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 27-06-2023

(27-06-2023, 05:47 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I think there would be quite a few league 1 sides who would like to have him. I wouldn’t see a rush from Championship teams, clamouring for his services.

Despite a lot of negative comments on here, I doubt there would be many who’d want to see him on the opposition team sheet.

No arguments from me there I think you’re spot on. He’s the epitome of a League One centre half