TrueBlueArmy Forums
Predictions for New Season - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Predictions for New Season (/showthread.php?tid=3147)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Predictions for New Season - Pompeyg100 - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 08:25 AM)Jizbag Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 04:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 03:56 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(29-06-2023, 07:12 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(28-06-2023, 08:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Probably as much as you!

How many did we sign on a free Mikey? All of them? You don’t even watch Pompey do doubt you watch anyone else.
Paid money for three players so far Saydee, Scully and Devlin. New potential signing from A League Yengi £80K, Whyte is on a free from Cardiff. Quiz to test your football encyclopedic knowledge here:https://the72.co.uk/snack-quiz/quiz-15-pub-quiz-questions-on-the-efl. Expect you to get 15/15.

Lol a copy and paste because you claimed before they were all free.
Have you always been a fucking bully?

Lol

RE: Predictions for New Season - bluetagagain - 02-07-2023

It’s ok Mikey PG100 says that Whyte is a great signing because he’s seen him on tv.
It would seem that your tv / iPlayer based knowledge isn’t quite as good as PG’s lol.
Hilarious.

(02-07-2023, 03:15 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: It’s ok Mikey PG100 says that Whyte is a great signing because he’s seen him on tv.
It would seem that your tv / iPlayer based knowledge isn’t quite as good as PG’s lol.
Hilarious.

He doesn’t even watch Pompey on tv you dimwit.

You can’t be so moronic to suggest that you judge a player by watching them on tv.

You said you did. You said you thought Whyte was a great signing because you’d seen him on tv. I said he was a good player and I’d actually seen him play LIVE several times.
Carry on Mr TV lol.

(02-07-2023, 04:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: You said you did. You said you thought Whyte was a great signing because you’d seen him on tv. I said he was a good player and I’d actually seen him play LIVE several times.
Carry on Mr TV lol.

I said I did what?

I think he’s a great signing, you think he’s a good signing, what’s your fucking point? And you accuse me of coming on here to cause arguments.

You really think you’ve achieved something here but you just look like a cock.

I never said your opinion was wrong, I never even questioned your opinion.

Do you want a medal for watching him live? Why are you behaving like you’ve won the lottery?

How do think England did at the World Cup? Oh sorry you can’t have an opinion unless you were there….

RE: Predictions for New Season - Hermann's_no_hermit - 02-07-2023

Finding it really hard to predict how the new season will develop. A lot of players joining that I have never heard of but somehow I am becoming more optimistic with each signing. A few relatively raw signings but I like the fact that we are clearly casting our net wider and hopefully RH has got it right. Can't wait to see what this team will do and as I am ever the optimist I may put a few quid on automatic promotion.

I don’t give a fuck if you agree or disagree with my opinion. Mine is based on actually having watched the player. You’re ridiculous comment/ opinion is based on tv - feckin hilarious.
You’re always causing arguments with other posters. What’s the matter can’t take it back. If your opinion counts because you watched it on tv then Mikeys opinion is just as valid .
You’re showing yourself up to being nothing but a little cyber bully.
Enjoy watching iFollow/ MoOTD or whatever. I’ll be down Fratton Park.

(02-07-2023, 06:43 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I don’t give a fuck if you agree or disagree with my opinion. Mine is based on actually having watched the player. You’re ridiculous comment/ opinion is based on tv - feckin hilarious.
You’re always causing arguments with other posters. What’s the matter can’t take it back. If your opinion counts because you watched it on tv then Mikeys opinion is just as valid .
You’re showing yourself up to being nothing but a little cyber bully.
Enjoy watching iFollow/ MoOTD or whatever. I’ll be down Fratton Park.

Lol I’m not sure what’s funnier, the fact you think you’ve rattled me or your IQ.

I get it, you watched him play, well done. How do you know I haven’t?

Saying he’s a great signing is ridiculous?! Ha ha ha ha ha.  What’s the level between great and good?! It’s subjective isn’t it sweetheart?

I’m a ST holder you plank and have been for decades!

For someone who claims not to care you have lost your mind because I think he’s a great signing!!!!!!!!!

RE: Predictions for New Season - Cunninglinguist - 02-07-2023

I’m interested to know why you think he’s a great signing, G. Don’t take any notice of Tag.
Give us the info, based on what you’ve seen.

(02-07-2023, 08:57 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’m interested to know why you think he’s a great signing, G. Don’t take any notice of Tag.

Owen Dale with output. Good with the ball at his feet, can beat his man and get a good cross in. Looks to get the ball forward.  There’s plenty of room for improvement too, finishing needs work.

Great signing in my opinion, good in someone else’s opinion.

He looks great on TV.

RE: Predictions for New Season - Cunninglinguist - 03-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 09:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 08:57 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I’m interested to know why you think he’s a great signing, G. Don’t take any notice of Tag.

Owen Dale with output. Good with the ball at his feet, can beat his man and get a good cross in. Looks to get the ball forward.  There’s plenty of room for improvement too, finishing needs work.

Sounds great. When did you see him?

RE: Predictions for New Season - Theyak2 - 03-07-2023

On TV vs Romania in Bucharest. Whyte scored a header in one of the most forgettable games I've ever seen.
I'm reliably informed by the Oxford fans (OUFC forum) that Gavin Whyte was a 'very good' player for them who 'bombed up and down the wing all day'. He has pace and direct running and was a player that they would have loved to get back. After all they sold him for £2 million!

RE: Predictions for New Season - Pompeyg100 - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 04:35 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 09:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Sounds great. When did you see him?

Do you want dates and times? What I was wearing?

Yes please.

Particularly interested in your mode of dress. Something alluring, I hope.

RE: Predictions for New Season - tl73 - 03-07-2023

Perhaps something red and low cut? (Sorry I couldn't resist jumping in... improv class)

A red mini skirt and a black boob tube it is then.

RE: Predictions for New Season - oi oi saveloy - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 10:14 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A red mini skirt and a black boob tube it is then.

Is that not normal then?

(03-07-2023, 03:46 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:14 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A red mini skirt and a black boob tube it is then.

Is that not normal then?

It is in our house but my tits have started to droop and my nipples keep dipping in my mushroom soup.

I feel need more support. Probably just an age thing and I get the feeling that G is younger than me and maybe doesn’t have the same problem.

RE: Predictions for New Season - Hammie - 03-07-2023

I would think Messi might have been a great signing for us. But I have only seen him play on TV
Ditto Prosinecki before he did actually sign for us.

RE: Predictions for New Season - Cunninglinguist - 04-07-2023

I had heard of both of those and popular opinion was that they were both extremely good players. I’ve also seen a fair bit of them on TV. Plenty of existing information to allow the fans to get excited.

RE: Predictions for New Season - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 17-04-2024

Some decent early season predictions here with the award for most accurate going to Smirnoff Express

RE: Predictions for New Season - mikey393 - 17-04-2024

(27-06-2023, 09:18 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: I'm feeling quite confident. Under Mousinho we had a decent set of results last season. None of the relegated or promoted teams look capable of a sustained promotion push.

So, I reckon Pompey will finish in the top 4. Maybe in an automatic promotion spot, maybe in the play-offs?

In no particular order, my prediction for the top 6 includes:

Derby
Barnsley
Bolton
Pompey
Peterborough
One out of Oxford, Charlton, Blackpool and Wycombe

Excellent prediction. Top 5 spot on only missing Lincoln as the Wild Card!

RE: Predictions for New Season - teeftwo - 17-04-2024

Top half of the table but not quite enough to make the playoffs. Period of consolidation. We will need slicker passing and movement so 5 or 6 good signings.

Of course if we rip up the league I'll be more than happy.

RE: Predictions for New Season - Theyak2 - 17-04-2024

POMPEY IN DERBY
Can you call the nu.bers for the lottery please.
There's more than a little dark magic going on there