TrueBlueArmy Forums
Gavin Whyte - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Gavin Whyte (/showthread.php?tid=3152)

Gavin Whyte - Theyak2 - 28-06-2023

Has been reportedly in 'advanced negotiations ' to join JM at Pompey.
Several other clubs are interested including Oxford, Charlton, Derby and Bristol Rovers.
This was reported by EFL Web log last night.
There has been nothing official.
We all know how these meetings work out. He is 27 and needs to have a decent offer and project.
I'd say the latter is certainly there but the former we shall see.
The longer it goes on the less likely it will come to anything.
It's not secret that JM has wanted this player at the club. Will the club agree and get him?

RE: Giving Whyte - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 28-06-2023

Who’s Giving Whyte? Do you mean Northern Irish international Gavin Whyte who currently plays for Cardiff?

RE: Giving Whyte - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 28-06-2023

He’s another short arse by the way at 5’7 not that it matters as a winger. I hope we sign him

RE: Gavin Whyte - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 28-06-2023

Ok I see the title has been amended now

RE: Gavin Whyte - bluetagagain - 28-06-2023

Nothing mentioned in the Belfast Telegraph yet and they are usually one of the first to break news on NI players.

RE: Gavin Whyte - Pompeyg100 - 28-06-2023

No idea why there would be doubt about wether or not the club will make a good offer. They’ve always backed the manager, it’s just normally the manager has spunked the budget.

RE: Gavin Whyte - Theyak2 - 28-06-2023

I agree the club has backed managers. I also appreciate we will not be held to ransom by players agents.
But this player was a character that JM wanted in through the door.
That being the case, we shall see.

RE: Gavin Whyte - Pompeyg100 - 28-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 04:54 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: I agree the club has backed managers. I also appreciate we will not be held to ransom by players agents.
But this player was a character that JM wanted in through the door.
That being the case, we shall see.

Is a player JM wants, he hasn’t signed for anyone yet.

I’m sure the club have other options. If he goes elsewhere then he isn’t as invested as we would want him to be.

RE: Gavin Whyte - Theyak2 - 28-06-2023

My point was more to do with JM wanting him.
It'll be interesting to see if JM can persuade the player we are the right destination for him and sell the club for him to want to come.

RE: Gavin Whyte - Pompeyg100 - 01-07-2023

(28-06-2023, 02:31 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Has been reportedly in 'advanced negotiations ' to join JM at Pompey.
Several other clubs are interested including Oxford, Charlton, Derby and Bristol Rovers.
This was reported by EFL Web log last night.
There has been nothing official.
We all know how these meetings work out. He is 27 and needs to have a decent offer and project.
I'd say the latter is certainly there but the former we shall see.
The longer it goes on the less likely it will come to anything.
It's not secret that JM has wanted this player at the club. Will the club agree and get him?

This aged well.

RE: Gavin Whyte - Theyak2 - 01-07-2023

This shows the club backing the manager and the club not only securing his signature but
Giving a deal worthy of the name.
Over to you JM.