TrueBlueArmy Forums
Michael Doyle returns - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Michael Doyle returns (/showthread.php?tid=3168)

Michael Doyle returns - Theyak2 - 03-07-2023

As academy coach. That's a no brainer.  Welcome back Michael.
The kids will get a 1st class education and there will be a 'no fucking about' attitude.
Great news for the club.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - DeepBlue - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 01:56 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: As academy coach. That's a no brainer.  Welcome back Michael.
The kids will get a 1st class education and there will be a 'no fucking about' attitude.
Great news for the club.

Thought that was annnounced weeks ago ... presumably he has just started work.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - bluetagagain - 03-07-2023

Apparently today

RE: Michael Doyle returns - exgaffer - 03-07-2023

Yep, brilliant appointment, I think we can all agree about that.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Pedalo_menders - 03-07-2023

Hopefully he can explain to Morrell how to be a complete bastard without getting sent off.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - slayer - 03-07-2023

Can do worse than a consummate professional and a disciplinarian. Good luck to him. The youth players have a fine mentor.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Hammie - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 02:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Hopefully he can explain to Morrell how to be a complete bastard without getting sent off.

Definitely, could ask Curtis too.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - mikey393 - 04-07-2023

Our Best signing so far!

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Slagger - 05-07-2023

I know it’s not his remit but Doyle could be an asset and give the occasional half-time bollocking when we’ve been shite.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - TBP - 05-07-2023

He'd be a good replacement for Mousinho, should a new manager be needed.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Cunninglinguist - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 07:24 AM)Slagger Wrote: I know it’s not his remit but Doyle could be an asset and give the occasional half-time bollocking when we’ve been shite.

Doyle shouldn’t be doing that. That’s down to the manager and the captain. Have we signed a captain yet?

RE: Michael Doyle returns - bluetagagain - 05-07-2023

I believe pack is/was Captain not sure who the club captain is.

He certainly was but he really isn’t a captain. A captain should lead by example.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - DeepBlue - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 12:56 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: He certainly was but he really isn’t a captain. A captain should lead by example.

Pack is the natural leader on the pitch whether he is captain or not and is the obvious candidate. 

I can't remember which game it was in but I think people make too much of the one incident when he failed to track back and we conceded. He would never had made it anyway.

Only other possibles would be Morrell and maybe Raggett.

(05-07-2023, 02:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 12:56 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: He certainly was but he really isn’t a captain. A captain should lead by example.

Pack is the natural leader on the pitch whether he is captain or not and is the obvious candidate. 

I can't remember which game it was in but I think people make too much of the one incident when he failed to track back and we conceded. He would never had made it anyway.

Wasn’t he totally outpaced by Bannon?

The incident which highlighted his unsuitability as captain, for me, was when he had a go at Olawayemi for something he (Pack) was at fault for. It took Reeco to put Pack in his place. Disgraceful behaviour for a  ‘captain’ to have a go at a junior player for something that was totally his own fault.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - DeepBlue - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 02:29 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 02:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Wasn’t he totally outpaced by Bannon?

The incident which highlighted his unsuitability as captain, for me, was when he had a go at Olawayemi for something he (Pack) was at fault for. It took Reeco to put Pack in his place. Disgraceful behaviour for a  ‘captain’ to have a go at a junior player for something that was totally his own fault.

I think that was the same goal I was talking about, Plymouth away ?.  Probably not his finest moment but an isolated incident, and we don't know what he said.   Pitman used to do that it all the time, which is why the young players apparently celebrated when he left.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Hammie - 05-07-2023

I think that was the same goal I was talking about, Plymouth away ?. Probably not his finest moment but an isolated incident, and we don't know what he said. Pitman used to do that it all the time, which is why the young players apparently celebrated when he left.

The difference between successful players who achieve things and younger players who want a nice comfy existence in mid table?

RE: Michael Doyle returns - slayer - 05-07-2023

I don't like Pack as captain. He is local, he is senior - yes - but not a leader, as evidenced earlier in the thread.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Pompeyg100 - 06-07-2023

Pack announced as captain.

RE: Michael Doyle returns - Cunninglinguist - 06-07-2023

Better start acting like one then, hadn’t he?