TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey medical team leave club - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey medical team leave club (/showthread.php?tid=3169)

Pages: 1 2

Pompey medical team leave club - bluetagagain - 03-07-2023

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/breaking-award-winning-portsmouth-medical-team-exit-after-hitting-back-at-criticism-in-danny-cowleys-reign-4205863?fbclid=IwAR2unQpvhGrvKWW5QqUZ2edU860N16BabC9cQXH4dU14P5jkmgcd6WaQx8M_aem_AeUzl8_TWkIjhepjvB0HgdSL9E-pvU9dDI3ejWQCcVOLBnqDR5NysqwwmVrBZwm1si0

Not sure if this recent but it’s just popped up on my News page. Doesn’t really give away to much and IMO raises more question than answers . Also if it involved around Cowley, it would also seem that JM was happy for them to go.
Not sure who they’ve been replaced by. 
Anyway, just thought it an interesting article.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Pedalo_menders - 03-07-2023

Yes looks recent. 

We'll never really get down to the bottom of what happened because each side will always blame eachother. However the interview they gave blaming Danny was very entertaining lol

Another torrid chapter over (hopefully). Time for a fresh team to come in hoping to impress.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - DeepBlue - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 04:15 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/breaking-award-winning-portsmouth-medical-team-exit-after-hitting-back-at-criticism-in-danny-cowleys-reign-4205863?fbclid=IwAR2unQpvhGrvKWW5QqUZ2edU860N16BabC9cQXH4dU14P5jkmgcd6WaQx8M_aem_AeUzl8_TWkIjhepjvB0HgdSL9E-pvU9dDI3ejWQCcVOLBnqDR5NysqwwmVrBZwm1si0

Not sure if this recent but it’s just popped up on my News page. Doesn’t really give away to much and IMO raises more question than answers . Also if it involved around Cowley, it would also seem that JM was happy for them to go.
Not sure who they’ve been replaced by. 
Anyway, just thought it an interesting article.

Seems strange to leave over what Cowley said so long after Cowley had gone. 

But maybe the explanation is as simple as a better offer from Wimbledon coming in. Annoying for it to happen now though, finding a replacement team would have been easier at the start of the summer.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - slayer - 03-07-2023

Bobby Bacic: "‘If the driver takes the car out in Formula 1 with reservations from the mechanics, then proceeds to crash the car on the first corner without warming up the brakes and tyres, that is not the mechanic’s fault. If the driver then goes out and does the same thing again, but this time blames the mechanics - that beggars belief. You can read into that what you want and which players I’m talking about, but that is how I see it. That’s how it is".

(03-07-2023, 05:04 PM)slayer Wrote: Bobby Bacic: "‘If the driver takes the car out in Formula 1 with reservations from the mechanics, then proceeds to crash the car on the first corner without warming up the brakes and tyres, that is not the mechanic’s fault. If the driver then goes out and does the same thing again, but this time blames the mechanics - that beggars belief. You can read into that what you want and which players I’m talking about, but that is how I see it. That’s how it is".

Yes, but that was aimed at Cowley.  He had nothing but praise for Mousinho in the same article.

Thanks captain obvious

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Pompeyg100 - 03-07-2023

Good old Danny……

(03-07-2023, 05:15 PM)slayer Wrote: Thanks captain obvious

My point was that it's strange for them to walk out on Mousinho after heaping praise on him.

The best I can do is to put myself in their shoes and think how I would react.

I would be fucking livid that there was an investigation and I'd be looking for another job.

The head coach has changed but the management team hasn't.

Hopefully the new appointments are in place sharpish.

(03-07-2023, 06:25 PM)slayer Wrote: The best I can do is to put myself in their shoes and think how I would react.

I would be fucking livid that there was an investigation and I'd be looking for another job.

I don’t blame them for doing the interview but it wasn’t very professional.  Obviously pissed off from being blamed by DC when it was his fault.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Pedalo_menders - 03-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 06:28 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:25 PM)slayer Wrote: The best I can do is to put myself in their shoes and think how I would react.

I don’t blame them for doing the interview but it wasn’t very professional.  Obviously pissed off from being blamed by DC when it was his fault.

If there was an investigation and all 3 were subsequently let go, that gives a very strong indication to who's fault it was. Like most things it won't be 100% on either party but to not diagnose some of the injuries we were getting is pretty useless. That and signing players with a history showing they are made out of bogroll and toothpicks.

My opinion (not that anyone cares) is that we had a manager who thought he knew more than the physios, in addition to a bunch of shit physios. No wonder we had players out for most of the season and repeat breakdowns with that wombo combo.

I read it that the investigation was about them and the article rather than the injury situation.

Seems they are very clear about what was causing the injuries but DC didn’t listen. Guess it’s different to coaching year 9 rugby.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Hammie - 03-07-2023

It seems to me that the entire playing side staff have been replaced over the last year or so. From youth to first team level. Which suggests that someone at the very top has had enough of league one and felt changes were needed.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - bluetagagain - 03-07-2023

Personally I think it was the PE teachers fault. So glad he’s gone ,however, it’s cost us a first class medical team. Hope RH & JM can sort this out asap.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - HotToddy - 03-07-2023

I blame the physios. Shouldn't have passed a player fit to play if he was crocked. Physios are also in charge of warm-up drills, so the cold tyres/brakes analogy doesn't cut it for me.

They weren’t actually talking about the pre-game warmup, they are talking about the players being ready to play.

The increase in injuries was also happening in training.

It sounds like players were being rushed back by the manager and he was blaming the medical staff despite them telling him they weren’t ready.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - exterminator - 03-07-2023

I saw first hand  the " work with injured players" of Bob Bacic & Jack Hughes in PFCHC (Roko) gym on many occasions over the last 2/3 seasons.  I wasn't that impressed & nor from conversations I had were other gym users.

"Basic Bob"  was Jackett type old school &  Jack Hughes always seemed to be working with the younger under 23 type players & youth team. 

I'm sure that along with the links to the University that we have we can  replace with better than them ......... no loss IMHO.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Pompeyg100 - 04-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 10:48 PM)exterminator Wrote: I saw first hand  the " work with injured players" of Bob Bacic & Jack Hughes in PFCHC (Roko) gym on many occasions over the last 2/3 seasons.  I wasn't that impressed & nor from conversations I had were other gym users.

"Basic Bob"  was Jackett type old school &  Jack Hughes always seemed to be working with the younger under 23 type players & youth team. 

I'm sure that along with the links to the University that we have we can  replace with better than them ......... no loss IMHO.

Perhaps you and Maureen from the gym can apply for the vacant positions.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Lawrence - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 07:14 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:48 PM)exterminator Wrote: I saw first hand  the " work with injured players" of Bob Bacic & Jack Hughes in PFCHC (Roko) gym on many occasions over the last 2/3 seasons.  I wasn't that impressed & nor from conversations I had were other gym users.

It's funny. All those who hate the cowleys think the physios are oppressed little souls whilst those who don't think that way think the physios are caants. Either way, it's not a good look to be squining in the papers like a girl and it isn't professional of them. At the end of the day, the physios are l1 level. Get another three off the shelf and move on. The moment you start recognising their names, you know something is wrong. I can name one pfc physio in 40 years of following pompey - Gary sadler - and that's only coz I had physio at his practice. They should be seen and not heard!

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - Gerry Hatrick - 04-07-2023

I'm in the Goodriddance Camp. How a player with a grade one hamstring tear (Lowery) can take four months to get back to fitness is as unacceptable as it is unbelievable.
Quick amendment, it's not even a tear according to Wiki, Grade One is just a 'strain'.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - exterminator - 04-07-2023

That's up to RH,JM & Co who they decide fire & recruit - they obviously saw something in the "medical team" that wasn't right.   

They certainly  won't take any notice of the utterly clueless coont pompeyg(ormless)100%  giving them "advice".

(04-07-2023, 10:53 AM)exterminator Wrote:

That's up to RH,JM & Co who they decide fire & recruit - they obviously saw something in the "medical team" that wasn't right.   

They certainly  won't take any notice of the utterly clueless coont pompeyg(ormless)100%  giving them "advice".

Lol where as you are suitably qualified in professional sports science.

Bless you.

RE: Pompey medical team leave club - exterminator - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 02:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Bless you.

Where I have said anything about being "suitably qualified in professional sports science" you clueless cretin -
 all I ever said was that "I wasn't that impressed & nor from conversations were other gym users".

Purely an opinion shared by other gym users, yet you who have never even seen the "sports science team" at work seem to know everything about them ..............................................that is truly hilarious "little boy".

... .

(04-07-2023, 04:55 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 02:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Bless you.

Where I have said anything about being "suitably qualified in professional sports science" you clueless cretin -
 all I ever said was that "I wasn't that impressed & nor from conversations were other gym users".

Purely an opinion shared by other gym users, yet you who have never even seen the "sports science team" at work seem to know everything about them ..............................................that is truly hilarious "little boy".

... .

Because you wouldn’t have the first clue what was required for a professional footballers recovery nor I should imagine would any casual gym user.

They don’t need to impress you. One of them has been working with the England kids and now joining a prem club but you (with no idea) weren’t impressed.

I know they are far more qualified and far more experienced than you.

So what exactly didn’t impress you? What would you recommend they do differently?