TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bognor match - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bognor match (/showthread.php?tid=3185)

Bognor match - bluetagagain - 10-07-2023

Anyone on here going/ gone.

RE: Bognor match - Hammie - 10-07-2023

no, but wish I had. Better than getting told off at home!

RE: Bognor match - Slagger - 10-07-2023

Tomorrow isn’t it?

RE: Bognor match - Pedalo_menders - 10-07-2023

Used to love going down to the pier for an ice-cream and a crazy golf. Happy days.

And when slightly older, down to sheeks after goodwood to live it large.

RE: Bognor match - bluetagagain - 10-07-2023

(10-07-2023, 08:11 PM)Slagger Wrote: Tomorrow isn’t it?

You’re right. Doh!

RE: Bognor match - Cunninglinguist - 10-07-2023

(10-07-2023, 08:20 PM)bluetagagain Wrote:

You’re right. Doh!

I’m glad it’s not just me who gets all excited, prematurely.

RE: Bognor match - tl73 - 11-07-2023

(10-07-2023, 10:25 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 08:20 PM)bluetagagain Wrote:

You’re right. Doh!

I’m glad it’s not just me who gets all excited, prematurely.

It's perfectly natural and happens to a lot of guys... or so I'm told.

RE: Bognor match - dsmg - 11-07-2023

Bugger Bognor

RE: Bognor match - Cunninglinguist - 11-07-2023

I’m not going to get excited over that!

RE: Bognor match - slayer - 11-07-2023

Imagine my shock when they told me that the premature part came (reyyyyyyy) with age

RE: Bognor match - exterminator - 11-07-2023

Cressers lives just round the corner from Nyewood Lane. He's going to be trundling down there inside his Dalek.

Stand by for his full match report on Thursday with a lot of references to players " plunging" in to tackles and the ball being " whisked" away from the opposition. Shy

RE: Bognor match - Cressers - 12-07-2023

It finished 1 - 1.

RE: Bognor match - Cunninglinguist - 12-07-2023

Chuckle

RE: Bognor match - Lawrence - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:50 AM)Cressers Wrote: It finished 1 - 1.

We all always play crap against Bognor, and I've given up making any significance of the result, but I was struck by the lack of confidence Josh seems to have when going for crosses. He got away with one and didn't with another. Good save but I'd like him to claim a catch from a corner one day. Seems to have gone downhill since his arrival - when I rated him quite highly .

As for the game, only players that looked up for it  for any length of time were Sparks, Hume and Swanson. Two very dodgy, soft penalties for us and woeful finishing by Bognor makes me believe a draw was the best we deserved. Hopefully, the effort rate and creativity (which was non-existent) will improve as the game come.

RE: Bognor match - exgaffer - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 07:38 AM)Lawrence Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 04:50 AM)Cressers Wrote: It finished 1 - 1.

We all always play crap against Bognor, and I've given up making any significance of the result, but I was struck by the lack of confidence Josh seems to have when going for crosses. He got away with one and didn't with another. Good save but I'd like him to claim a catch from a corner one day. Seems to have gone downhill since his arrival - when I rated him quite highly .

As for the game, only players that looked up for it  for any length of time were Sparks, Hume and Swanson. Two very dodgy, soft penalties for us and woeful finishing by Bognor makes me believe a draw was the best we deserved. Hopefully, the effort rate and creativity (which was non-existent) will improve as the game come.

It was a pre season kick about loosener, significant for Bognor perhaps, but not for us.

I wouldn’t give a flying one if we lost all our pre season games, as long as we are ready when the real stuff starts.

I’ll start getting interested on August 5th, not before.

RE: Bognor match - Hammie - 12-07-2023

They can be a nice summer's evening out, that's about it.
End of season friendlies are even more pointless, going right back to Peter Ellis' testimonial, we went and played snooker at the Railway club after about ten minutes!

RE: Bognor match - bluetagagain - 12-07-2023

Looking forward to the H&W game Saturday. Meeting up early with a few mates , breakfast in Spoons then up to WL Park a few drinks pre, halftime and after.
Last year we paid £50 each for a ‘box/ room with a view’ but thought better this year as the food was minging.

RE: Bognor match - 66zoolane - 12-07-2023

Probably most know already, but there's a rail strike the day of the Bristol City friendly. I'm going to have to get a bigger boat...um, earlier ferry.

RE: Bognor match - BilltheCat - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 07:56 PM)66zoolane Wrote: Probably most know already, but there's a rail strike the day of the Bristol City friendly. I'm going to have to get a bigger boat...um, earlier ferry.

I didn't know. Thanks!

RE: Bognor match - Hammie - 14-07-2023

Shame abut the video of idiots using it as an excuse for a punch up.
Gradually creeping back into football and other sports.

RE: Bognor match - stayinupforever - 14-07-2023

I saw the punch up but have no idea what it was about though no doubt caused by too much drink.

RE: Bognor match - bluetagagain - 14-07-2023

It was all handbags between their wankers and our wankers

RE: Bognor match - Cunninglinguist - 14-07-2023

I bet their handbags were smaller and had less cash in them. Minnows.

RE: Bognor match - Cressers - 14-07-2023

Nawty...
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/watch-football-hooligans-fight-each-other-at-portsmouth-friendly-as-bognor-utterly-condemn-violence-4218868