TrueBlueArmy Forums
Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 (/showthread.php?tid=3223)

Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Mostlysunny - 25-07-2023

Having just joined this forum, I'm hoping that some other "oldies" out there might also be able to recall a distant memory I have of an extraordinary game at FP....or failing that, confirm that I have in fact lost the plot entirely!?

It would have been in Div 2, early 80's, and it was definitely a Tuesday night game when Fulham came to FP. However, the next part could well be my memory playing tricks on me....

Pompey had a storming first half and went in either 5-0 or 5-1 up! However, true to form it all went pear shape second half as Fulham came back to level in injury time with Noel Blake giving away a Pen following one of his infamous full bloodied tackles (unfortunately no where near the ball though!)

So.....does anyone else recall this game, or have I somehow imagined it all thanks to the medication the Doc's just put me on!!!

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - bluetagagain - 25-07-2023

It was Pompey 4 Fulham 4 News Year Day 1984

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Mostlysunny - 25-07-2023

Cheers Bluetagagain....glad I haven't totally lost it!

Am I right about Blakey giving away a last minute Pen??

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Northstander - 25-07-2023

I was elsewhere but Fulham's equaliser did come from a 91st min pen

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Rocketman - 25-07-2023

(25-07-2023, 11:07 AM)Mostlysunny Wrote: Cheers Bluetagagain....glad I haven't totally lost it!

20 years before that, there was an even bigger turn-around, this time in our favour. We were at Orient and went down 3-0 well before HT from vague memory. We went on to win the game 3-6.

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Hammie - 25-07-2023

4 nil to 4 all
Windy as it often seemed to be back then
We had a habit of playing with the wind first half, then the tide changed (or so we said) and found ourselves playing with he wind second half too.
Against Fulham the wind didn't change. I seem to recall the GKs kicks coming back almost to our penalty area.

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Northstander - 25-07-2023

(25-07-2023, 11:24 AM)Rocketman Wrote:
(25-07-2023, 11:07 AM)Mostlysunny Wrote: Cheers Bluetagagain....glad I haven't totally lost it!

20 years before that, there was an even bigger turn-around, this time in our favour. We were at Orient and went down 3-0 well before HT from vague memory. We went on to win the game 3-6.

Looked it up on Pompey Rama Rocket.  26th Oct 1963, Ron Saunders 3, Mickey Lill 2 and Albie McCann.  Well remembered

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Rocketman - 25-07-2023

There's a blast from the past, Ron Saunders! McCann I remember well too (stocky, bandy legs). Don't remember Lill at all.

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Hammie - 25-07-2023

I was not even a twinkle

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Mostlysunny - 25-07-2023

Wasn't it Albie McCann who's image was featured on the pub sign when there was a pub on the corner outside the main entrance to FP?

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Theyak2 - 25-07-2023

Oxford 5-5 Pompey.
That game!

RE: Pompey 5 Fulham 5 - Bedhamptonblue69 - 25-07-2023

Was at the Fulham game . Coasting at 4-0 then lucky not to lose 5-4 if I remember . The game which cost us promotion