TrueBlueArmy Forums
Back up keeper signed - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Back up keeper signed (/showthread.php?tid=3227)

Back up keeper signed - Robsquad - 26-07-2023

Ryan Scholfield. Huddersfield 23. 6ft 3in

RE: Back up keeper signed - Hammie - 26-07-2023

The height is good, similar sized club which I prefer as in being less frightened by playing for us. Permanent signing for a year, which I very much prefer to a loan.

RE: Back up keeper signed - Rocketman - 26-07-2023

Looks a good back-up for sure. Can see him getting good game time in non-league games, and who knows he might put genuine pressure on Norris.

RE: Back up keeper signed - slayer - 26-07-2023

Boooooooooooo

RE: Back up keeper signed - Hammie - 26-07-2023

(26-07-2023, 09:37 PM)slayer Wrote: Boooooooooooo

??

RE: Back up keeper signed - bluetagagain - 26-07-2023

Any relation to Philip

RE: Back up keeper signed - tl73 - 27-07-2023

He could become a good keeper if he can string along a run of games. Seems to have good potential having played a few games in the championship already.

RE: Back up keeper signed - blueandwight - 27-07-2023

Hardly played at all recently other than couple of games on loan for Crawley at the end of last season.
Best not read the assessment in the local rag when he left Huddersfield at the end of last season.
Definately a no.2 but give him a chance, he's only young.

RE: Back up keeper signed - DeepBlue - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 08:52 AM)blueandwight Wrote: Hardly played at all recently other than couple of games on loan for Crawley at the end of last season.
Best not read the assessment in the local rag when he left Huddersfield at the end of last season.
Definately a no.2 but give him a chance, he's only young.

He played 30 championship games in one season a couple of years ago.  Nothing much since though, but  still looks a n ideal no.2 to me.

RE: Back up keeper signed - Cunninglinguist - 27-07-2023

I note that Alex Bass has joined Wimbledon on a season long loan. I wonder if he regrets his move to Sunderland?

RE: Back up keeper signed - Hammie - 27-07-2023

Let's hope one of the new trio signed since Bass left prove to be better than he was. Shame if he was available, we could have had him back knowing he would fit in and be comfortable here.

RE: Back up keeper signed - BilltheCat - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 12:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I note that Alex Bass has joined Wimbledon on a season long loan. 

He was on their bench on Tuesday.

RE: Back up keeper signed - Pompeyg100 - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 12:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I note that Alex Bass has joined Wimbledon on a season long loan. I wonder if he regrets his move to Sunderland?

I doubt he regrets it at all! Champ wages, nice signing bonus.

He was never going to get a game for us under DC.

which was annoying because none of them since Baz have been any better at passing out.

RE: Back up keeper signed - Cunninglinguist - 27-07-2023

I thought that Flahavan excelled at that.

(27-07-2023, 05:06 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I thought that Flahavan excelled at that.

Do you man the original Flahavan, that's a long time ago! 
Knightsie was good at the quick throw out that you rarely see these days, helped by having some top class wingers and full backs to throw to (between the dross that appeared from time to time. )

RE: Back up keeper signed - DeepBlue - 27-07-2023

I think thats a whooosh. 

Cunning was referring to Flahavan's habit of fainting during the game.