TrueBlueArmy Forums
Fratton Park Capacity - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fratton Park Capacity (/showthread.php?tid=3247)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fratton Park Capacity - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 30-07-2023

Our capacity now after the improvements on the Milton End is now 20,899 which is double that of Premier League side Luton. We still need a bigger ground, a much bigger ground in fact but it just goes to show what can be achieved with a club literally half our size and probably less than that if we ever get to our full potential. I’m just pleased the Eisner’s have kept their word to improve the stadium not put us in financial difficulty ever again and slowly, actually very slowly, brick by brick build this football club back to some semblance of its former greatness. The training ground, the youth academy, taking decisive action when our management who they backed to succeed, ultimately failed. They have delivered in spades for this club and this season I believe we will reap the rewards of that. I might be wrong regarding this season but we are in a position financially that even if we did fail this year (and I don’t believe we will) then we will still have a very stable and potentially successful team next season

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - firqdays - 30-07-2023

Nice to read that BALLSY post, 'West OZ'

You will know that I have always posted pragmatically about Michael EISNER and his stated, and proven provision to our club. There is nothing out there that would convince me that the PST, or any other form of fan ownership, would,. and could have sustained the club to our very enviable position today.

YES, we do still link arms with those fellow PFC supporters who only see the future proven by eye opening player purchases, and splundeering of dramatic transfer fees.

However, I repeat once more, that is not what we signed up to at the Guildhall.

Have faith .

And agreed OZ - in my consideration, and given that fair wind, we WILL PREVAIL this term. PUP

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pompeyg100 - 30-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 02:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Our capacity now after the improvements on the Milton End is now 20,899 which is double that of Premier League side Luton. We still need a bigger ground, a much bigger ground in fact but it just goes to show what can be achieved with a club literally half our size and probably less than that if we ever get to our full potential. I’m just pleased the Eisner’s have kept their word to improve the stadium not put us in financial difficulty ever again and slowly, actually very slowly, brick by brick build this football club back to some semblance of its former greatness. The training ground, the youth academy, taking decisive action when our management who they backed to succeed, ultimately failed. They have delivered in spades for this club and this season I believe we will reap the rewards of that. I might be wrong regarding this season but we are in a position financially that even if we did fail this year (and I don’t believe we will) then we will still have a very stable and potentially successful team next season

The stadium isn’t 100k seats, the academy hasn’t yet produced the next Messi and we haven’t spent £10m on a player this window.

Eisners out.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - firqdays - 30-07-2023

Exactly Pompey 'ton'

But those who do live for that are still apparent.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Cressers - 30-07-2023

I'm reassured to know the slow but steady FP redevelopment will be completed in time to be seen by my great-great grandchildren. Who knows, Pompey might even be capable of mounting a playoff campaign by then!

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 30-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 03:21 PM)Cressers Wrote: I'm reassured to know the slow but steady FP redevelopment will be completed in time to be seen by my great-great grandchildren. Who knows, Pompey might even be capable of mounting a playoff campaign by then!

The precedent has been set by Luton, Bournemouth and Brentford that you can make the Premier League with a pissy small ground. It would be unfair however to the people of Portsmouth and it’s considerably populated surrounds that we don’t have at least a 25,000 capacity stadium when we get there. Maybe ‘safe standing’ can be introduced around the ground (except for the posh people in the South Stand let them sit down) and get the capacity more to the level which a club like ours needs. We are as you all know the most successful club re major trophies south of London

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - exterminator - 30-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 03:21 PM)Cressers Wrote: I'm reassured to know the slow but steady FP redevelopment will be completed in time to be seen by my great-great grandchildren. Who knows, Pompey might even be capable of mounting a playoff campaign by then!

Yeah, but Daleks are gender neutral Cressage, so "tin lids" are out of the question for you moosh ......

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Cressers - 30-07-2023

Gender neutral with protruding plungers and whisks?

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - TheSyrup - 30-07-2023

Hard to argue with that West Aussie, infrastructure is definitely the key to long term success.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 30-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 05:25 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Hard to argue with that West Aussie, infrastructure is definitely the key to long term success.

Thanks Syrup and on top of that COME ON POMPEY LETS DO THIS!

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Cunninglinguist - 30-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 05:25 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Hard to argue with that West Aussie, infrastructure is definitely the key to long term success.

It was the biggest mistake that the ground was overlooked when we were in the Prem. it might not be as exciting as buying expensive big name players but when it’s done we’ll be in a very much stronger position.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Hammie - 30-07-2023

Safe standing does not increase capacity
But would prevent us seeing parts of the ground closed by the licencing authority if fans persist in standing against the current law, in seating areas.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - firqdays - 31-07-2023

You get that Hammie, many other do . However, there are still some who won't or can't see the wood for the trees !

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Hammie - 31-07-2023

And as regards tiny grounds such as Bournemouth and Luton.
On getting promotion, they had to remove seats and season ticket holders to make room for the media to turn up, get a free lunch and watch the game in comfort. Not sure why they get a fee lunch these days, no one else does.
As far as I read our development, that media requirement is being taken care of within all the other work all ready.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - kindofblue - 31-07-2023

(30-07-2023, 05:15 PM)Cressers Wrote: Gender neutral with protruding plungers and whisks?

Daleks are blokes surely. Or am I missing something. Although they do sort of screech every now and then and are a right pain in the arse to be around, so maybe..

Thy always know that they are in the right

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Daniel - 31-07-2023

We don’t need more then 28k (north stand will get to) with the contingency of being able to extend the fratton end if for some reason we need to get over 30k

and the north lower has been redeveloped ready for a new top.
I have to say when we sit in the North Upper it feels far less well designed than the South upper.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - exgaffer - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 11:00 AM)Daniel Wrote: We don’t need more then 28k (north stand with get to) with the contingency of being able to extend the fratton end if for some reason we need to get over 30k

Yep, couldn’t agree more.

28 or 30k would suit us perfectly.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - teeftwo - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 09:21 AM)kindofblue Wrote:
(30-07-2023, 05:15 PM)Cressers Wrote: Gender neutral with protruding plungers and whisks?

Daleks are blokes surely. Or am I missing something. Although they do sort of screech every now and then and are a right pain in the arse to be around, so maybe..

Fratton's capacity last year was about 20K if I recall correctly. Average home attendance was a touch over 18K. So I doubt we'll need a huge increase in capacity in the next few years. Even if we got back to the Premiership I don't think we'd need to go North of 30K. I agree with the 28K figure, probably the upper limit of what we'd need.

Oh, and Daleks are gender neutral. They reproduce by cloning their DNA.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - kindofblue - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 11:45 AM)teeftwo Wrote:
(31-07-2023, 09:21 AM)kindofblue Wrote:

Fratton's capacity last year was about 20K if I recall correctly. Average home attendanc was a touch over 18K. So I doubt we'll need a huge increase in capacity in the next few years. Even if we got back to the Premiership I don't think we'd need to go North of 30K. I agree with the 28K figure, probably the upper limit of what we'd need.

Oh, and Daleks are gender neutral. They reproduce by cloning their DNA.

So there you go- they avoid making out. Daleks are definitely girlies...

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - slayer - 31-07-2023

Agree 28k to 35k absolute max is ample.

Not going to be popular with many on here but I reckon, generationally our following is contracting.

As we shuffle off our mortal coils, many more of our kids are choosing Premier League teams over Pompey. Really noticeable in the last 10-15 years. I remember a Linvoy quite saying you never saw a United or a Chelsea shirt in town. Well, you do now, along with City and Barca.

Being third division shit is obviously a factor but I expect other provincial clubs make the exact same observation. I think the kids of today think football is a TV show on Sky.

Pompey have done what they can to encourage live attendance by children and teens, the prices are very good compared to other events.
BUT, the premier league have successfully bribed the EFL into their being allowed to swamp schools with adverts for their franchised youth coaching schools and operate them in this city.
More generally, younger children increasingly see the world as a place that is experienced through screens. Tiny tots are given a screen to keep them quiet, both indoors and when they are out in their pushchairs, as their parents look at screens rather than talk to them.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pompeyg100 - 31-07-2023

People nowadays seem to want a nice stadium to watch football in like the Amex.

Not sure something of that standard can be achieved at FP without flattening it.

I doubt having a drunk being noncey in the ladies toilets is much of a pull for a family day out either.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pedalo_menders - 31-07-2023

I think we would easily fill 25k in the champ and 30k+ in the prem. We deffo need some more corporate boxes. As good as the hospitality package is, it's always sold out! 

Looking forward to seeing what the official attendance is on Sat as its a sellout (for home fans anyway). 

6 years of shyte in L1and still selling out tells you all you need to know about current capacity being too low.