TrueBlueArmy Forums
Fratton Park Capacity - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fratton Park Capacity (/showthread.php?tid=3247)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - TBP - 31-07-2023

Actually, 35k is needed, if you want to be a player. Our good friends along the coast called it right with 32.5k, whilst Brighton called it a little wrong with 30k. Teams like Norwich are desperately trying to increase capacity.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - exgaffer - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 03:48 PM)TBP Wrote: Actually, 35k is needed, if you want to be a player. Our good friends along the coast called it right with 32.5k, whilst Brighton called it a little wrong with 30k. Teams like Norwich are desperately trying to increase capacity.

If you get to the Prem the bulk of your income comes from external sources like TV money, so a few thou more would not make the difference between being a ‘player’ or not. That lot down the road certainly aren’t a good advert for a higher capacity are they?

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pedalo_menders - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 04:01 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(31-07-2023, 03:48 PM)TBP Wrote: Actually, 35k is needed, if you want to be a player. Our good friends along the coast called it right with 32.5k, whilst Brighton called it a little wrong with 30k. Teams like Norwich are desperately trying to increase capacity.

If you get to the Prem the bulk of your income comes from external sources like TV money, so a few thou more would not make the difference between being a ‘player’ or not. That lot down the road certainly aren’t a good advert for a higher capacity are they?

It could pay for a few more nippers or a development squad.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - DeepBlue - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 04:01 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

Agreed, the Premier average for income from match days is 17.5% according to Deloitte.

Obviously that figure is much higher the further down the pyramid you go, and I'd be interested to know what the Champonship equivalent is but can't find that anywhere.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Tufnell_Chimes - 31-07-2023

Getting relegated from the Prem is where the gate suddenly becomes v. important, once the parachute payments have stopped the revenue falls off a cliff.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pompeyg100 - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 02:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I think we would easily fill 25k in the champ and 30k+ in the prem. We deffo need some more corporate boxes. As good as the hospitality package is, it's always sold out! 

Looking forward to seeing what the official attendance is on Sat as its a sellout (for home fans anyway). 

6 years of shyte in L1and still selling out tells you all you need to know about current capacity being too low.

We couldn’t sell out when we were in the prem.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - slayer - 31-07-2023

Last season we averaged 14,313 in league games at Fratton Park, inclusive of away support:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/how-portsmouths-average-attendance-this-season-compares-to-recent-seasons/

According to Cullen in this article, our capacity was around 16,000:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/portsmouth-ceo-fratton-park-capacity-7483184.amp

That places us around 15% unused capacity (more this season as we will be up to 20,899).

That article was from April 2022, so for the season before last. 

Pretty sure we were higher than that last year.

Indeed, last season's average was 18,064 .

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - slayer - 31-07-2023

Yes April 2022 which I think gives the start figure for the beginning of 2022/23? What was the capacity at the end? (I haven't been able to find that reliably).

An aside, I don't trust https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-portsmouth/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/1020 (18,064) their attendance numbers are not sourced. The denomintator for number of games for the year Bury left the league is also wrong. The rest of the website focuses on transfer fees which are largely speculation. At least with the Hampshire Chronicle it was a quote from Cullen himself giving a value.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - BlueArmy - 31-07-2023

Hope everyone is well. Haven't been very active on here as loving life in Sydney. Been to 3 of the womens world cup games so far, really enjoying it.

We desperately need a capacity increase. We are selling out at home in league one every week.

According to pfc, we soldout 22 of 23 home league games last season in the home areas.

We soldout a lot of our games in the prem but there were a few games that didn't, I.e high prices in an old stadium with shite facilities, fans fed up with owners, etc. Various reasons.

We have a huge support, and always will have, of course as with every club you see shirts in the city and surrounding areas for man utd, Man city etc, that's modern football for you.

Saturday is soldout, although the occasional resale ticket becomes available so keep checking for tickets.

We would definitely sell 25,000 in the championship every week, and 30,000 in the prem if prices were correct.

We would probably sell 25,000 in total for this game on Saturday too in league one.

As pedalo said, the 20,000 capacity is never going to be anywhere near enough for Pompey.

I know of all the stakeholders that are involved re north stand redevelopment, and action must be taken ASAP to increase fratton parks capacity significantly in the very near future.

A significant capacity increase needs to happen now.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - exgaffer - 31-07-2023

(31-07-2023, 09:58 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Hope everyone is well. Haven't been very active on here as loving life in Sydney. Been to 3 of the womens world cup games so far, really enjoying it.

We desperately need a capacity increase. We are selling out at home in league one every week.

According to pfc, we soldout 22 of 23 home league games last season in the home areas.

We soldout a lot of our games in the prem but there were a few games that didn't, I.e high prices in an old stadium with shite facilities, fans fed up with owners, etc. Various reasons.

We have a huge support, and always will have, of course as with every club you see shirts in the city and surrounding areas for man utd, Man city etc, that's modern football for you.

Saturday is soldout, although the occasional resale ticket becomes available so keep checking for tickets.

We would definitely sell 25,000 in the championship every week, and 30,000 in the prem if prices were correct.

We would probably sell 25,000 in total for this game on Saturday too in league one.

As pedalo said, the 20,000 capacity is never going to be anywhere near enough for Pompey.

I know of all the stakeholders that are involved re north stand redevelopment, and action must be taken ASAP to increase fratton parks capacity significantly in the very near future.

A significant capacity increase needs to happen now.

Yep 25 - 30k would be perfect and is achievable.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - DeepBlue - 01-08-2023

(31-07-2023, 09:32 PM)slayer Wrote: Yes April 2022 which I think gives the start figure for the beginning of 2022/23? What was the capacity at the end? (I haven't been able to find that reliably).

An aside, I don't trust https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-portsmouth/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/1020 (18,064) their attendance numbers are not sourced. The denomintator for number of games for the year Bury left the league is also wrong. The rest of the website focuses on transfer fees which are largely speculation. At least with the Hampshire Chronicle it was a quote from Cullen himself giving a value.

Do you trust the News more then ???  They say 18,054. 

Cullens article was from 2022 and talking about the 2021/22 season.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pompey_in_Derby - 01-08-2023

(30-07-2023, 02:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: Our capacity now after the improvements on the Milton End is now 20,899 which is double that of Premier League side Luton. We still need a bigger ground, a much bigger ground in fact but it just goes to show what can be achieved with a club literally half our size and probably less than that if we ever get to our full potential. I’m just pleased the Eisner’s have kept their word to improve the stadium not put us in financial difficulty ever again and slowly, actually very slowly, brick by brick build this football club back to some semblance of its former greatness. The training ground, the youth academy, taking decisive action when our management who they backed to succeed, ultimately failed. They have delivered in spades for this club and this season I believe we will reap the rewards of that. I might be wrong regarding this season but we are in a position financially that even if we did fail this year (and I don’t believe we will) then we will still have a very stable and potentially successful team next season

Crowd for Saturday should be just over 19,000. The Milton End work continues so Bristol Rovers have been allocated 2,000. That's only 100 more than they were given last season.

Of course we need a much bigger capacity and should aspire to have one bigger than scummers or Brighton. Whether that will ever happen looks doubtful unfortunately.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Hammie - 02-08-2023

as regards selling out
It is incredibly frustrating to turn up and see rows of seats sitting empty (especially for midweek games) as some st holder don't release them when they cannot go.
With a fiver reward to log on and click "release my seat" I don't get why they don't bother. It allows other fans to go who cannot normally get seats together, especially in the fratton End.
There have been another comments from the club about the North Upper, than i'd expect to see work start in the near future. Which will be helped if the old man sees the ground full to bursting while he is here.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - kindofblue - 02-08-2023

Not easy to do actually. I'm away this weekend so can't make it, but I can't figure out how to release my ticket....

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - DeepBlue - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 06:19 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Not easy to do actually. I'm away this weekend so can't make it, but I can't figure out how to release my ticket....

Log on to the OS, click on tickets, click on ticket exchange and follow the instructions.

(02-08-2023, 06:19 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Not easy to do actually. I'm away this weekend so can't make it, but I can't figure out how to release my ticket....

Even if you can't make it work, thanks for trying! 

It might help to pause Kaspersky if you have it installed, it often blocks things involving cookies from working without telling you.  So the link may not appear on screen.

(02-08-2023, 06:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Log on to the OS, click on tickets, click on ticket exchange and follow the instructions.

That appears a lot clearer than previously!

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - kindofblue - 02-08-2023

Thanks, but still haven't got anywhere. I'm trying on iPhone not a pc and can't see ticket exchange anywhere. I am a tech retard though.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - Pompeyg100 - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 07:13 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Thanks, but still haven't got anywhere. I'm trying on iPhone not a pc and can't see ticket exchange anywhere. I am a tech retard though.

Click on the tickets drop down and it’s 3rd from the bottom.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - bluetagagain - 02-08-2023

BTW I believe you only get a fiver ( credit) if someone buys your seat.

(02-08-2023, 08:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: BTW I believe you only get a fiver ( credit) if someone buys your seat.

you do, seems fair enough to me, they don't charge admin.
I'm not sure what the price is per game these days, but a while back our previous exec answered the question as the club charged an average of about £12 a seat. Allowing for children, teens, pensioners, assistants etc.

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - kindofblue - 03-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 07:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 07:13 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Thanks, but still haven't got anywhere. I'm trying on iPhone not a pc and can't see ticket exchange anywhere. I am a tech retard though.

Click on the tickets drop down and it’s 3rd from the bottom.

Thanks - found that but there are still six stages to go through to enable someone to get the damn ticket. Honestly- life's too short...

RE: Fratton Park Capacity - mikey393 - 03-08-2023

25 & 30K is fine. All we need to do now is to get promoted! We've huffed & puffed for the last 6 years & got nowhere. I'm not convinced like a lot of others that our latest "bargain buys" are good enough but only time will tell. I think it will take at least 6 games for them to gel as a team so we all need to be patient. If by some miracle & good management we do manage to go up. ME/AC/RH will need to realise that the Championship is a whole new ball game & they need to be prepared to spend a lot more on recruitment. I'm Not sure they are prepared to do that.