TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=3382)

Pages: 1 2

Team Today - Who_Am_I? - 16-09-2023

Norris
Swanson, Poole, Shaughnessy, Ogilvie
Robertson, Pack
Lane, Kamara, Whyte
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Raggett, Devlin, Stevenson, Sparkes, Anjorin

RE: Team Today - Pompeyg100 - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 01:02 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: Norris
Robertson, Pack
Lane, Kamara, Whyte
Bishop

Subs

What’s up with Saydee then?

RE: Team Today - Pedalo_menders - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 01:03 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(16-09-2023, 01:02 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: Norris
Robertson, Pack
Lane, Kamara, Whyte
Bishop

Subs

What’s up with Saydee then?

Indeed. It has to be an injury or illness. That's fucking annoying! 

I'd take a point from today

Injured, will find out after the game.

Hopefully not serious

RE: Team Today - dsmg - 16-09-2023

Hope we don't take 25 minutes to get going as we often do. Whyte will probably come off after an hour for Anjorin.

RE: Team Today - FiftyYearsOn - 16-09-2023

Our injury record is becoming farcical again and we are only 6 games in. Are we blaming training? Bringing in players with poor fitness records? The new medical team (do we have one) or just plain recurring bad luck?

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 16-09-2023

Calm down ffs, you’re getting on like a bus load of old ladies. I’m sure there’s a perfectly good reason, maybe it’s just JM being cautious- it’s a long season.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 16-09-2023

Looks like we have ended up with a seriously attacking side. If we get enough of the ball, could score a few.
Clearly worrying and annoying that Saydee steps up and then gets injured. Worry about that after the game?

Same as happened to Yengi

(16-09-2023, 01:26 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: Our injury record is becoming farcical again and we are only 6 games in. Are we blaming training? Bringing in players with poor fitness records? The new medical team (do we have one) or just plain recurring bad luck?

I think you’re getting carried away

Lowery, Yengi, Saydee, Whyte, Scully... Swanson... not impressive. Just asking the question... i won't bother in future.

(16-09-2023, 01:46 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(16-09-2023, 01:26 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: Our injury record is becoming farcical again and we are only 6 games in. Are we blaming training? Bringing in players with poor fitness records? The new medical team (do we have one) or just plain recurring bad luck?

I think you’re getting carried away

Not just this season. Makes me wonder if either the pitch is dodgy,the physios have more power than they used to in keeping players out, or are modern players more fragile?

(16-09-2023, 01:28 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Calm down ffs, you’re getting on like a bus load of old ladies. I’m sure there’s a perfectly good reason, maybe it’s just JM being cautious- it’s a long season.

Ageist and sexist if I'm not mistaken. Big Grin

On topic, female ref today

RE: Team Today - Roybatty - 16-09-2023

Packs booking would of been a red in the women's game

nil nil
I guess we'd be happy enoguh with that by the final whistle?

RE: Team Today - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 16-09-2023

I keep thinking we need to get the ball to our flair players then realise we don’t have any on the pitch

Kamara and Swanson both playing well. Lane not having a good game imo and Whyte a bit slow although has made a couple of good interceptions. Pack unlucky to be booked, his first tackle. Norris a couple of dodgy moments, don’t like seeing goalies do Cruyff turns! Bish battling well as usual and Robertson a bit like the curate’s egg. Could easily win this

(16-09-2023, 03:05 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: I keep thinking we need to get the ball to our flair players then realise we don’t have any on the pitch

Lane, Camara and Robertson would qualify

Aussie, what about Kamara and Robertson, more flair shown than the Derby team altogether

RE: Team Today - Rocketman - 16-09-2023

Ref totally clueless

Well done against the odds. Sounds like a deserved point.

RE: Team Today - Rocketman - 16-09-2023

Absolutely deserved a point at the very least. Robertson absolute class yet again.

RE: Team Today - D'Alessandro dreaming - 16-09-2023

I'm happy with a point. A pompey win would not have been unfair whatsoever, a Derby win would have been scandalous. The league is wide open and we can hang with the other promotion contenders quite nicely.

I thought we played well and certainly deserved the point. Robertson MOM.