TrueBlueArmy Forums
currently - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: currently (/showthread.php?tid=3415)

Pages: 1 2

currently - farq2 - 24-09-2023

4-1 favs to win the league
Next 6 or 7 games may well give a clear picture
FWIW I think we will be a shorter price

RE: currently - mikey393 - 24-09-2023

Don't get carried away yet. There's injuries to consider also the January transfer window which we have messed up a few times!

RE: currently - Pompey_in_Derby - 24-09-2023

Get a good result up at Wigan then make the most of 3 home games on the trot - Wycombe, Port Vale and Carlisle. 10 points from those 4 would set us up nicely and should extend our lead at the top!

The match away at Northampton is almost certain to be off due to international call ups.

RE: currently - DeepBlue - 24-09-2023

(24-09-2023, 01:24 PM)farq2 Wrote: 4-1 favs to win the league

I think those odds are far too short for a team that are probably only top because second has played a game less. 

If it was December rather than September then maybe the odds would be about right.

RE: currently - Tufnell_Chimes - 24-09-2023

Way too early to tell. I don't think you can say at those odds till Feb at the earliest.

RE: currently - blueandwight - 24-09-2023

Best odds I've seen to win the league is 9/2.
I agree that at this stage it's all pretty irrelevent.
In any case I'm not overly bothered about winning the leage, it'd be nice and something to celebrate, but I simply want to us get promoted and there the odds are radically different ranging from even money to 17/10. Sounds about right to me particularly as there are ony really five teams in the frame...Bolton Derby, Barnsley, Oxford and us.

RE: currently - Pedalo_menders - 24-09-2023

Even if we are 5 points clear at the top in Jan, I'll not count any chickens.

Historically we have done ok in the first round of games and then when the reverse fixture comes around, we don't have a plan B to counter managers who have worked us out. 

That and always having a shit Jan window. 

The difference this year though is that we were lucky to beat Luton in that 2019 season. This year we thoroughly deserved our win at Barnsley. We are currently THE team to beat and are setting the benchmark.

RE: currently - stayinupforever - 25-09-2023

I still think we'll finish 2nd.

RE: currently - Cunninglinguist - 25-09-2023

Behind?

RE: currently - stayinupforever - 25-09-2023

Barnsley

RE: currently - Cunninglinguist - 25-09-2023

They’ve looked good and they have also looked bloody awful, apparently. We have steadily improved and I’ll settle for that.

RE: currently - FiftyYearsOn - 25-09-2023

Behind Bolton perhaps?

RE: currently - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 25-09-2023

(24-09-2023, 11:04 PM)blueandwight Wrote: Best odds I've seen to win the league is 9/2.
I agree that at this stage it's all pretty irrelevent.
In any case I'm not overly bothered about winning the leage, it'd be nice and something to celebrate, but I simply want to us get promoted and there the odds are radically different ranging from even money to 17/10. Sounds about right to me particularly as there are ony really five teams in the frame...Bolton Derby, Barnsley, Oxford and us.

I got 10/1 before the start of the season but it’s way too early to get excited yet. How many times in previous seasons have we topped this league and fluffed our lines?

RE: currently - farq2 - 25-09-2023

(24-09-2023, 06:31 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(24-09-2023, 01:24 PM)farq2 Wrote: 4-1 favs to win the league

I think those odds are far too short for a team that are probably only top because second has played a game less. 

If it was December rather than September then maybe the odds would be about right.

If you think its way too short, which it isn't btw, go on Betfair and lay it, plenty of money waiting to be matched.

RE: currently - Theyak2 - 25-09-2023

(25-09-2023, 10:40 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: They’ve looked good and they have also looked bloody awful, apparently. We have steadily improved and I’ll settle for that.

Agreed.
Great going forward but arse in defence

RE: currently - Hammie - 25-09-2023

The next step is getting the injuries sorted and no more new ones for a while.
I learned a long time ago to look at the goal difference, and that is looking pretty good.
Probably also worth trying to get Ronan to sign up for the season with an option to extend.

RE: currently - farq2 - 30-10-2023

now 7-4 to win league

RE: currently - Cunninglinguist - 30-10-2023

Not a good season for pessimists or realists (that word always makes me laugh) is it?

RE: currently - Hammie - 30-10-2023

(30-10-2023, 06:02 PM)farq2 Wrote: now 7-4 to win league

Something to do with us beating Reading from 2 down?

RE: currently - slayer - 30-10-2023

(25-09-2023, 06:45 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: I still think we'll finish 2nd.

As gentlemen do

RE: currently - farq2 - 12-12-2023

11-8, still a bit short deep?

RE: currently - 66zoolane - 12-12-2023

I got a bet on at 55-1 to win League 1.

Unfortunately, that's only if Arsenal also win the Prem.

RE: currently - Trarchus - 13-12-2023

I've been that impressed with John Mousinho can't see why this squad the club has put together won't continue in the same vain to go on and win this league. 

His biggest strength is knowing how his players feel, react to his decisions, their strength and ability
Not afraid to pick the team he thinks is the best, and mainly makes the right calls.
He's obviously a quick learner, openly admits his mistakes with a fair, honest appraisal of the team's performance.
The effort and performance the team has shown since the Blackpool game has been truly outstanding.

Every game is going to be tough, like Shrewsbury this Saturday, but I feel we'll go there with the right attitude.  PUP!

RE: currently - TBP - 13-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 06:22 AM)Trarchus Wrote: I've been that impressed with John Mousinho can't see why this squad the club has put together won't continue in the same vain to go on and win this league. 

His biggest strength is knowing how his players feel, react to his decisions, their strength and ability
Not afraid to pick the team he thinks is the best, and mainly makes the right calls.
He's obviously a quick learner, openly admits his mistakes with a fair, honest appraisal of the team's performance.
The effort and performance the team has shown since the Blackpool game has been truly outstanding.

Every game is going to be tough, like Shrewsbury this Saturday, but I feel we'll go there with the right attitude.  PUP!

He's made some mistakes this season, but hopefully he is learning from them, albeit not very quickly.

RE: currently - Cunninglinguist - 13-12-2023

Final judgements about managers are probably best left until the team struggles.

Bobby Campbell could do no wrong, until he’d got promotion.