TrueBlueArmy Forums
31 points from 39!! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 31 points from 39!! (/showthread.php?tid=3464)

31 points from 39!! - Mostlysunny - 04-10-2023

With the Northampton match postponed, our next 2 games are now Port Vale and Carlisle at home....win both of those (which we really really should) then that'll be 31 points from a possible 39....

....bloomin heck!!!

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Smirnoffexpress - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 06:03 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: With the Northampton match postponed, our next 2 games are now Port Vale and Carlisle at home....win both of those (which we really really should) then that'll be 31 points from a possible 39....

....bloomin heck!!!

Steady son, you’ve got to win the points before you get them.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Cressers - 04-10-2023

It's the eight we dropped that concern me.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - FiftyYearsOn - 04-10-2023

Beware apparent minnows… But Cheltenham’s form this season suggests they are much better away than at home. They got a whole point away.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - slayer - 04-10-2023

Never going to win the league with 138 points Cressers, but at this rate we are on for three figures

RE: 31 points from 39!! - tl73 - 04-10-2023

8 points dropped already? Jackett out!

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Gerry Hatrick - 05-10-2023

No Pack, Poole or Robertson against a side who were near the top of the table a couple weeks ago. Yes, Vale's form has fallen away since then but we cannot underestimate anyone in this division. 

We have strong contenders for Poole's position in Towler and Raggert but with two of our best midfielders out, that's the area that worries me. We would like Saydee to start with Anjorin but I suspect Mousinho will put Whyte in there even though that experiment a couple of weeks ago didn't really come off. Then we have Devlin and Saydee as options off the bench.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - bluetagagain - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 04:49 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: No Pack, Poole or Robertson against a side who were near the top of the table a couple weeks ago. Yes, Vale's form has fallen away since then but we cannot underestimate anyone in this division. 

We have strong contenders for Poole's position in Towler and Raggert but with two of our best midfielders out, that's the area that worries me. We would like Saydee to start with Anjorin but I suspect Mousinho will put Whyte in there even though that experiment a couple of weeks ago didn't really come off. Then we have Devlin and Saydee as options off the bench.

I don't think he'll accommodate Whyte to start unless Lane has a knock , I would expect Raggett in for Poole, Stevenson or Devlin for Pack and the attacking 3 as Lane, Saydee and either Anjorin or Kamara.
Whyte has also been omitted from the NI squad this time round.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 05-10-2023

Port Vale is Robbie Williams team. Or is it Spurs now? Nah I’m sure he still loves the Valiants (not Charlton)

For those that don’t know he recently sung a version of one of his songs where he professed to loving Big Ange instead (big Ange being Tottenham manager Ange Postacoglou)

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Tomsk - 05-10-2023

I wouldn't pay much attention to Robbie he tends to talk unimportant celeb shite which means f*ck all, he likes being a 'massive' star

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Cunninglinguist - 05-10-2023

If we win all our remaining matches, we’ll be guaranteed a top two position, with about 900 points.

Blimey!

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Pompeyg100 - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 05:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: If we win all our remaining matches, we’ll be guaranteed a top two position, with about  900 points.

Blimey!

Not good enough

RE: 31 points from 39!! - Theyak2 - 05-10-2023

The fact JM has lost just 4 games since he arrived in January says something!
We lost to Plymouth Barnsley and Peterborough away and Sheffield wed at home.
Either champions or play off semi finalists!
That is impressive stuff.
Long may it continue.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - dsmg - 06-10-2023

Very true Yak and those losses came very near the beginning of his time in charge.

RE: 31 points from 39!! - blueandwight - 06-10-2023

Am I right in thinking that the Oxford game will also be postponed as that falls on the third international break in mid-November