TrueBlueArmy Forums
Reading - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Reading (/showthread.php?tid=3527)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reading - Daniel - 27-10-2023

Hopefully a decent win but with the protests planned maybe that will pick up the players(backs to the wall type performance).

Norris
Rafferty-Poole-Shaughnessy-sparkes
Morrell-Stevenson 
Lane-Robertson-Whyte
Bishop

Think Kamara could do with a game out not really sure he’s a winger technically not sure Whyte is either but he seems to balance out the attacking shape when he plays with out getting the stats.

Also Stevenson plays 2 actually sitting mids in the correct position and then moves Robertson to his more attacking position which he is better at

RE: Reading - bluetagagain - 27-10-2023

I'd quite like that line up but whether JM will play Stevenson is another matter.

RE: Reading - dsmg - 27-10-2023

Not sure Whyte is fit

RE: Reading - TBP - 27-10-2023

Raggett and Whyte fit again, according to the official site.

RE: Reading - DeepBlue - 27-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hopefully a decent win but with the protests planned maybe that will pick up the players(backs to the wall type performance).

Norris
Morrell-Stevenson 
Lane-Robertson-Whyte
Bishop

Think Kamara could do with a game out not really sure he’s a winger technically not sure Whyte is either but he seems to balance out the attacking shape when he plays with out getting the stats.

Also Stevenson plays 2 actually sitting mids in the correct position and then moves Robertson to his more attacking position which he is better at

Whyte is a winger, an international winger at that, who has also played in the 10 role. But he is better on the right .

He would be fit because it was Illness rather than injury that has kept him out of the last couple of games

RE: Reading - Daniel - 27-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 05:42 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(27-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: Hopefully a decent win but with the protests planned maybe that will pick up the players(backs to the wall type performance).

Norris
Morrell-Stevenson 
Lane-Robertson-Whyte
Bishop

Whyte is a winger, an international winger at that, who has also played in the 10 role. But he is better on the right .

He would be fit because it was Illness rather than injury that has kept him out of the last couple of games

I wouldn’t consider Whyte a winger he is a wide forward. Wingers would generally take on their man but he seems to create a lot of space for others to use or make the pass before the assist. that’s why his stats  don’t seem as great as some were expecting

RE: Reading - Hermann's_no_hermit - 27-10-2023

Can't avoid remembering the 7-4 game (I know it was at Fratton Park) every time I think about us against Reading. I just looked up our team that day:
               James
Johnson Campbell Distain Hreidarrson
     Diop Muntari Davis
   Utaka Benjani Kranjcar

Bench - Ashdown, Taylor, Pamarot, Mendes, Nugent

What a line up!

RE: Reading - Hammie - 27-10-2023

Kamara saying that he has not played on the left since he was ten says a lot for his attitude. Well done him really.

RE: Reading - Tufnell_Chimes - 27-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: Can't avoid remembering the 7-4 game (I know it was at Fratton Park) every time I think about us against Reading. I just looked up our team that day:
               James
Johnson Campbell Distain Hreidarrson
     Diop Muntari Davis
   Utaka Benjani Kranjcar

Bench - Ashdown, Taylor, Pamarot, Mendes, Nugent

What a line up!

seven goals and Utaka still couldn't score.

RE: Reading - 66zoolane - 27-10-2023

He had seven assists in that game

RE: Reading - DeepBlue - 27-10-2023

The goal I remember best from that game was the one Kitson scored from just inside the touchline on the North Stand side into the Milton end goal, I think the keeper was off the line so he just had to hit the target but did so with a drilled shot that stayed about a foot off the ground all the way and I was right behind the line of the shot.

RE: Reading - slayer - 27-10-2023

More a cross into the back corner of the goal in my view

RE: Reading - Pedalo_menders - 27-10-2023

I hope we totally destroy them (on the pitch) tomorrow. It used to be a friendly rivalry and theb they stuck the boot in when we were at our lowest ebb. 

Theu can protest but I'm not going to shed a tear for them. They haven't dropped as far as we did and are not battling a winding up order. They have no idea how bad it can get. Let them sweat.

RE: Reading - Jezzer - 27-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 07:45 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I hope we totally destroy them (on the pitch) tomorrow. It used to be a friendly rivalry and theb they stuck the boot in when we were at our lowest ebb. 

Theu can protest but I'm not going to shed a tear for them. They haven't dropped as far as we did and are not battling a winding up order. They have no idea how bad it can get. Let them sweat.

I reckon we'll win 7-4.

RE: Reading - bluetagagain - 28-10-2023

7-0 would be even better

RE: Reading - Lawrence - 28-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 06:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: Kamara saying that he has not played on the left since he was ten says a lot for his attitude. Well done him really.

Also explains why he's not really good at it.

RE: Reading - firqdays - 28-10-2023

Probably our best attacking player against Cambridge.

RE: Reading - Lawrence - 28-10-2023

(28-10-2023, 09:39 AM)firqdays Wrote: Probably our best attacking player against Cambridge.

That's not saying much considering how poor we were on Tuesday.

Not intending to diss the guy, as I assume he can grow into the role, but why did we sign him for a position he's never played professionally? 

Hoping for a response from the last 120 mins.

RE: Reading - bluebollox - 28-10-2023

(28-10-2023, 10:47 AM)Lawrence Wrote:
(28-10-2023, 09:39 AM)firqdays Wrote: Probably our best attacking player against Cambridge.

That's not saying much considering how poor we were on Tuesday.

Not intending to diss the guy, as I assume he can grow into the role, but why did we sign him for a position he's never played professionally? 

Hoping for a response from the last 120 mins.

We didn't specifically sign him for that role. Scully we signed to do the job. Kamara can play anywhere across the ft line & imo any criticism of him is harsh. Saturday 1st half he was vg. Tuesday 1st half he was excellent. I sometimes wonder what games people watch.

RE: Reading - D'Alessandro dreaming - 28-10-2023

The fake money being waved around by some of our fans. It is sad in some ways but I totally underunderstand it with how some Reading fans were when we were in the shit.

RE: Reading - D'Alessandro dreaming - 28-10-2023

These stoppages are going to play right into their hands. Disrupts our rhythm entirely.

RE: Reading - FiftyYearsOn - 28-10-2023

Absolutely right. How can any team build up any pressure with this nonsense going on?

RE: Reading - FiftyYearsOn - 28-10-2023

If it's abandoned do we get a 3-0 win??? Smile

RE: Reading - Cunninglinguist - 28-10-2023

15-love

RE: Reading - mikey393 - 28-10-2023

Game is a Farce! All the stoppages & Lewis Wing who we should have signed has scored for them.