TrueBlueArmy Forums
Ronan Curtis - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Ronan Curtis (/showthread.php?tid=3564)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Ronan Curtis - Trarchus - 16-11-2023

Oh yes, putting it that way, it does seem like that.
His first season was outstanding though, he was scoring some excellent goals he created himself and his wide play and crossing equally good.  Curtis and Lowe were the best we'd seen for ages.
Can't knock his effort, but for me, he just wasn't the same player for us late Jacket & Cowley.

RE: Ronan Curtis - exterminator - 16-11-2023

(16-11-2023, 08:39 AM)dsmg Wrote: Trarchus, in his second season Ronan scored 14 goals compared to 12 in his first. In fact in his third and fourth he managed 14 and 10 respectively so not sure why you say his first was his best.

Untrue, in his 4th season Curtis scored 7 goals - 5 in meaningless Cup games & just 2 in the league.

RE: Ronan Curtis - DeepBlue - 16-11-2023

(16-11-2023, 02:55 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(16-11-2023, 08:39 AM)dsmg Wrote: Trarchus, in his second season Ronan scored 14 goals compared to 12 in his first. In fact in his third and fourth he managed 14 and 10 respectively so not sure why you say his first was his best.

Untrue, in his 4th season Curtis cored 7 goals - 5 in meaningless Cup games & just 2 in the league.

That was last season which was his 5th season. 

In his first four seasons he scored 12,14,14 & 10 of which 11,11,10 & 8 were in the league.

RE: Ronan Curtis - DeepBlue - 16-11-2023

(16-11-2023, 08:51 AM)Trarchus Wrote: Oh yes, putting it that way, it does seem like that.
His first season was outstanding though, he was scoring some excellent goals he created himself and his wide play and crossing equally good.  Curtis and Lowe were the best we'd seen for ages.
Can't knock his effort, but for me, he just wasn't the same player for us late Jacket & Cowley.

His family tragedy mostly explains his Cowley form.  

His  form in his 5 games under Mousinho was however showing all the signs of getting back to his best.  Either way  he seems confident of finding a club and not needing us any more.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Cunninglinguist - 17-11-2023

I wish him every success, wherever he ends up.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Rocketman - 17-11-2023

(17-11-2023, 05:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I wish him every success, wherever he ends up.
Yes indeed, except when he plays against us!

RE: Ronan Curtis - Daniel - 18-11-2023

He was never the same after he slammed his finger in the door!

RE: Ronan Curtis - slayer - 08-12-2023

Sounds like Oxford! Stunning irony

RE: Ronan Curtis - D'Alessandro dreaming - 09-12-2023

Sad to see him seemingly about to join another club. I think the return was always going to be a bit unlikely. That was a bad injury and there must be doubts about whether he can be the same player after that. Paddy Lane has more or less replaced him and the admittedly disappointing Whyte could yet come good. Not to mention that Scully is approaching full fitness.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Gerry Hatrick - 09-12-2023

(09-12-2023, 12:51 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: Sad to see him seemingly about to join another club. I think the return was always going to be a bit unlikely. That was a bad injury and there must be doubts about whether he can be the same player after that. Paddy Lane has more or less replaced him and the admittedly disappointing Whyte could yet come good. Not to mention that Scully is approaching full fitness.

Scully and Whyte are two players that have yet to produce the levels that we expected when they signed in the summer. Wouldn't it be lovely if they are saving their best for the second half of the season?

RE: Ronan Curtis - Theyak2 - 09-12-2023

Ronan Curtis has played his part in pompey recent past.
Whilst I thank him for his services, he never hit the heights of his first season and half. And in truth Pompey choked or failed every year with him.
So, oxford or whoever are welcome to him. I hope he has success at his new club, actually, I don't really care and I suspect most here are the same.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Daniel - 09-12-2023

(09-12-2023, 11:13 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Ronan Curtis has played his part in pompey recent past.
Whilst I thank him for his services, he never hit the heights of his first season and half. And in truth Pompey choked or failed every year with him.
So, oxford or whoever are welcome to him. I hope he has success at his new club, actually, I don't really care and I suspect most here are the same.

Reckon he goes back to Ireland or even up to Scotland not sure many efl teams will take a punt on him 

If he goes to Ireland it will be in time for their pre season

RE: Ronan Curtis - Hammie - 09-12-2023

He always seemed to give the best he could so good luck to him

RE: Ronan Curtis - bluetagagain - 10-12-2023

He’s still good enough to play L1

RE: Ronan Curtis - stayinupforever - 10-12-2023

He needs to change his game as he doesn't have the speed.Could he sit in midfield with a runner alongside him?

RE: Ronan Curtis - slayer - 11-12-2023

Completely agree. Lots more younger players now who have pace who will get to the byline and put one in. It's a buyers market, will Ronan be considered for those roles now?

Can see Ronan having to go for the 10 role and have to settle for a lesser league to get it.

I would still sign him for our squad in a heartbeat but don't think he would often start.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Pedalo_menders - 11-12-2023

Hes probably good enough to warm our bench but not much more. His crossing was atrocious. He is about mid table L1 standard.

RE: Ronan Curtis - bluetagagain - 17-12-2023

Believe he’s training with Wimbledon.

RE: Ronan Curtis - simonfkwit - 17-12-2023

Would make sense, Bobby Bacic is the physio there now.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Sharpe* - 18-12-2023

I liked Curtis.

Got stuck in and did score a fair few goals for us.

I know he did get eyes for the Championship when with us but I appreciate his efforts.

Interesting to see how he gets on elsewhere.

RE: Ronan Curtis - Hammie - 18-12-2023

He might be the sort of player that Steve Evans might take to Stevenage

RE: Ronan Curtis - slayer - 18-12-2023

I wonder what future Curtis will look like. He's lost his pace. How do you fit him in?

RE: Ronan Curtis - dsmg - 18-12-2023

Never really had pace but had a helluva good shot on him, scored a hat load and was surprisingly good in the air. Don't think his crossing was as bad as Pedalo makes out. Always gave his all - good luck to him.

RE: Ronan Curtis - exterminator - 19-01-2024

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2024/january/curtis-captured-ronan-arrives-on-short-term-deal/

RE: Ronan Curtis - bluetagagain - 19-01-2024

Wish we had him until the end of the season instead of Martin (or indeed Whyte or Scully).