TrueBlueArmy Forums
Regan Poole - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Regan Poole (/showthread.php?tid=3570)

Pages: 1 2

Regan Poole - exterminator - 11-11-2023

It has just been confirmed that Regan Poole had done his ACL - out for the season  Sad

RE: Regan Poole - Hermann's_no_hermit - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 05:33 PM)exterminator Wrote: It has just been confirmed that Regan Poole had done his ACL - out for the season  Sad

Damn

RE: Regan Poole - Cunninglinguist - 11-11-2023

Oh dear. That’s the sort of thing that can affect a championship bid. Raggett will have to play as well as he did today.

RE: Regan Poole - slayer - 11-11-2023

There it is, the loss we have all been fearing

RE: Regan Poole - Northstander - 11-11-2023

Yep that is what I've heard too

RE: Regan Poole - exterminator - 11-11-2023

IiRC this was caused by that bearded Chesterfield oaf Banks clattering him & he then falls awkwardly & tears his ACL.

RE: Regan Poole - dsmg - 11-11-2023

Shyte. Raggers'll step up, seasoned professional.

RE: Regan Poole - D'Alessandro dreaming - 11-11-2023

Shit. This could throw automatics put the window I'm afraid. Sickener.

RE: Regan Poole - Slagger - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 05:33 PM)exterminator Wrote: It has just been confirmed that Regan Poole had done his ACL - out for the season  Sad

Feel sorry for him, a horrible injury. Let’s hope he fully recovers.

RE: Regan Poole - Hammie - 11-11-2023

That's both him and the captain by players who said they were innocent.
Shame about this one it just like they banged against each other.
And much as I support the FA Cup, I would have played the back up centre halfs, both good and needed game time.
Same as we rested Bishop and gave Yengi a really good run out

Think it was Grigg that did him but it looked a fair shoulder barge, he just landed badly. Pack's was far more malicious.

RE: Regan Poole - Cunninglinguist - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 06:19 PM)dsmg Wrote: Think it was Grigg that did him but it looked a fair shoulder barge, he just landed badly. Pack's was far more malicious.

It was indeed Grigg. He outmuscled Poole, that’s all.

RE: Regan Poole - slayer - 11-11-2023

Any issues between the two players settled during Poole's substitution. No malice

RE: Regan Poole - FiftyYearsOn - 11-11-2023

Just one of those things but does raise the issue of whether it is worth putting out your best team in the FA Cup these days. Massive loss as Raggett is so dodgy on the ball.

Can’t have this Raggett is dodgy business. Hardly put a foot wrong today and very rarely does

RE: Regan Poole - FiftyYearsOn - 11-11-2023

He scares me witless on the ball. I can’t watch!

RE: Regan Poole - bluetagagain - 11-11-2023

Losing Regan is a massive blow but Raggs very rarely sets a foot wrong and he weighs in with a goal or two. Of course he’s not as good on the ball as Regan but he’s still more than good enough for L1.

RE: Regan Poole - D'Alessandro dreaming - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 08:51 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: He scares me witless on the ball. I can’t watch!

Same. Today he put Rafferty in difficult positions a few times with poorly executed and poorly picked passes (although Rafferty made it difficult for himself at times too). He isn't on today's evidence ideal for a team that wants to play out from the back.

That being said, he also isn't match sharp and will get that back soon enough and so will adapt in time, but my thoughts are that while Raggett is a perfectly adequate backup for the odd game, we'll be struggling to get promoted if he's in the starting XI for the rest of the season. Towler is a left sided cb so is more a Shaughnessy backup than a Poole backup. I've seen some nuclear options bandied about on the social media cesspit like Pack at centre back seemingly forgetting about the defending part of being a defender. January can't come soon enough.

RE: Regan Poole - Theyak2 - 11-11-2023

In Raggett we trust. Wish he was better on the ball but defending and attacking in both boxes, he's great!

RE: Regan Poole - Hammie - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 09:43 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: In Raggett we trust. Wish he was better on the ball but defending and attacking in both boxes, he's great!

defending against both him and shokknassy at corners will be difficult

RE: Regan Poole - briefcase_wanchor - 12-11-2023

Just shows. He was possibly out the door in Aug and now, out of nothing, looking like a mainstay for the rest of the season. Annoying for JM but he’ll surely have to invest in a solid CD in Jan.

RE: Regan Poole - Hammie - 12-11-2023

With the larger attendance, it was nice to hear 19k yesterday, we are bringing more money in through the gate to help pay for a replacement.
Although we have space for a loan and Man City or Chelsea might help us as we have played both of their existing loans.

RE: Regan Poole - Hammie - 12-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 09:43 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 08:51 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: He scares me witless on the ball. I can’t watch!

Same. Today he put Rafferty in difficult positions a few times with poorly executed and poorly picked passes (although Rafferty made it difficult for himself at times too). He isn't on today's evidence ideal for a team that wants to play out from the back.

That being said, he also isn't match sharp and will get that back soon enough and so will adapt in time, but my thoughts are that while Raggett is a perfectly adequate backup for the odd game, we'll be struggling to get promoted if he's in the starting XI for the rest of the season. Towler is a left sided cb so is more a Shaughnessy backup than a Poole backup. I've seen some nuclear options bandied about on the social media cesspit like Pack at centre back seemingly forgetting about the defending part of being a defender. January can't come soon enough.

and the pass out to the left by Norris chipped and spinning completely stitched up shaughnessy (I think it was him).

RE: Regan Poole - firqdays - 12-11-2023

Agree Hammie, we still have Sean Rags and Towler.

We could be considerably worse off - both a threat in opposition box, and still sound defenders.

RE: Regan Poole - Daniel - 12-11-2023

Splash the cash on jack tucker from mk