TrueBlueArmy Forums
ARSE! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ARSE! (/showthread.php?tid=3590)

ARSE! - Cressers - 25-11-2023

It wouldn't be Pompey if we didn't come spectacularly off the rails. Oh well, get it out of your systems and gird your loins for the next game with a good ARSE!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyy8lgbhExg

RE: ARSE! - kindofblue - 25-11-2023

Best to get the hope out of way now - it's the hope that kills you.....

RE: ARSE! - Hammie - 25-11-2023

I guess we've been expecting the long long unbeaten run to go down spectacularly at some stage, wouldn't be Pompey other wise.
Well down the fans though!

RE: ARSE! - DeepBlue - 25-11-2023

Well done the fans that stayed .. great show of support at the end.   The ones that left early need to learn how to lose. 

We take the piss rightly when other teams fans desert their team, we shouldn't do it ourselves. 

I stayed to the end to miss the traffic.

RE: ARSE! - Bluebob - 25-11-2023

I thought it was shocking the way so many fans got up and left the ground.
Without seeing a replay of Morrells tackle for the second booking it looked a bit harsh to me.

RE: ARSE! - TBP - 25-11-2023

(25-11-2023, 06:20 PM)Bluebob Wrote: I thought it was shocking the way so many fans got up and left the ground.
Without seeing a replay of Morrells tackle for the second booking it looked a bit harsh to me.

You could view them as realists, whereas the rest of us are masochists.

RE: ARSE! - slayer - 25-11-2023

It was always going to be Deep who played the bestest fans card to try and start an argument.l And he was always going to claim he stayed until the end.

Everyone has the right to do and say what they want. Money is in the bank for the club once they buy their ticket.

RE: ARSE! - Cunninglinguist - 25-11-2023

Very frustrating for everyone, so it’s hardly surprising.

Entertainment level was far below that of Charlton. Even Blackpool weren’t pretty to watch.

RE: ARSE! - DeepBlue - 25-11-2023

(25-11-2023, 06:29 PM)slayer Wrote: It was always going to be Deep who played the bestest fans card to try and start an argument.l And he was always going to claim he stayed until the end.

Everyone has the right to do and say what they want. Money is in the bank for the club once they buy their ticket.

Yes, everyone has right to do and say what they like. 

Doesn't make it right to exercise that right though.  We rightly criticise others for it, and todays exodus was embarrassing. But at least those that stayed made up for those that gave up, with a quite remarkable show of support that you could see the players really appreciated. In fact, it was worth staying to the end to see.

I dont have to claim anything. I just thought it was an opportunity to crack the missing the traffic joke rather than an attempt to start an argument.  

But as it happens I can hand on heart say I have never left any match early,  home or away in well over a 1000 matches - it's just something I don't agree with and would never do.  I agree with all the Pompey fans who take the piss out of opposition fans when they do it and would defend our right say it to the end.  Nothing to do with being better fans or anything, just consistency .  And absolutely nothing to do with money FFS.

RE: ARSE! - slayer - 25-11-2023

Yes we got that you stayed and appreciated the players to the end the first time around like thousands of others. You're picking a fight and you know you are. I hate people who play themselves up by putting others down. No need for it. Suit yourself.

RE: ARSE! - FiftyYearsOn - 25-11-2023

Fans did their best. Players were miles off it. I thought Blackpool were clear promotion contenders while we are sadly going backwards but wins at burton and Northampton this week will pretty much bury todays game as one of those things.

RE: ARSE! - BilltheCat - 25-11-2023

A quality fire-drill this afternoon. Lots walking out with 15 minutes still to play.

Thanks for your support!