TrueBlueArmy Forums
Now that's a great result - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Now that's a great result (/showthread.php?tid=3609)

Now that's a great result - Theyak2 - 02-12-2023

Cracking 'bouncebackability'!

RE: Now that's a great result - TBP - 02-12-2023

Being able to drop Martin was the key.

RE: Now that's a great result - Gerry Hatrick - 02-12-2023

Pressure will all be on Bolton next week. I would be happy with a draw.

RE: Now that's a great result - slayer - 02-12-2023

Great win. Lane in front makes all the difference.

Great showing by Yengi too

RE: Now that's a great result - farq2 - 02-12-2023

After last saturday,a great response.

RE: Now that's a great result - Cunninglinguist - 02-12-2023

A blip and then two positive results, away from home.

This is a big game team.

RE: Now that's a great result - Theyak2 - 02-12-2023

Lose 0-4 for tge first time since march.
The next two away could have been tricky but 6 points and 5 goals for with none against says we are not only a good team but one that 'wants' promotion!

RE: Now that's a great result - Theyak2 - 02-12-2023

Paddy Lane must be under investigation by Northampton constabulary!
He absolutely 'gutted, smashed and abused' that poor right back!

RE: Now that's a great result - Hammie - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 06:18 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Lose 0-4 for tge first time since march.
The next two away could have been tricky but 6 points and 5 goals for with none against says we are not only a good team but one that 'wants' promotion!

Consecutive clean sheets, I'd overlooked that.
We can pick holes in individuals, but as a squad this is the best we've had for years now.

RE: Now that's a great result - exgaffer - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 09:36 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Paddy Lane must be under investigation by Northampton constabulary!
He absolutely 'gutted, smashed and abused' that poor right back!

A mate of mine had a week off in 2022 (January I think) and we decided to watch a game somewhere in England midweek,

We ended up going to Blackpool, staying a couple of nights at the Blackpool FC hotel and taking in the Fleetwood v Plymouth match. It was a really entertaining 3-3 draw and Paddy Lane was the star of the show for Fleetwood.

I was really pleased when we signed him and he is now showing exactly why.

Long may it continue.

PUP

RE: Now that's a great result - DeepBlue - 03-12-2023

When we look back on the season this could be the crucial game. 

The day we took full advantage of going out of the Cup and the day we learnt we could still win (comfortably) without Poole, Morrell & Bishop - arguably our best defender, midfielder & forward.

RE: Now that's a great result - RavoPFC - 03-12-2023

Cracking day out. The last two games have been the perfect way to bounce back after a frankly deserved pasting by Blackpool.

Raggett (my MOTM) was a rock at the back and kicked things things with a bullet header right infront my eyes. Lane was devastating on the left. Pack glued everything together and marshalled the midlfield allowing Robertson to dance with the Northampton players, and boy did he. By far his best game, not that I expect it to pan out but surely we can put a cheeky bid in for him in January or the summer. Yengi, Saydee and Kamara provided us with such power and drive all through the game. I noticed we played a bit more direct with Yengi instead of Bishop, the amount of times the ball went beyond the defence for one of those three plus Lane to run onto I lost count. Simply put Northampton couldn't handle us both technically and physically.

My ankle and knee which are already not in the best of forms have not recovered, and neither has my voice. but as the song goes "Ohh what fun it is to see Pompey win away HEY".

RE: Now that's a great result - DeepBlue - 03-12-2023

A cheeky bid for Robertson ????  Dream on.  

If Bazunu went for 15m then Robertson must be worth 20m .  The absolute very best we could hope for is getting another season's loan if we go up, but even then I fear City will want him out at a higher level than that.

RE: Now that's a great result - D'Alessandro dreaming - 03-12-2023

Excellence on display. Raggett was admittedly very good and gave me a lot of confidence in one of his traditionally weaker areas of playing out from the back. I think Pack being in midfield definitely helps him with playing out from the back too as he's always presenting as an option but his long passing was strong too. Another perhaps quite maligned player is Saydee, he's been dubbed as a mere 'passion merchant' but he has never really had a run in the starting XI until now and is looking very good. Paddy Lane excellent as he so often has been while Robertson looks a step or two above already.

Bolton will be a tough test but this at the very least looks like a team that shouldn't fade away from the promotion fight even with the injuries and absences.