TrueBlueArmy Forums
The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. (/showthread.php?tid=3624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Cunninglinguist - 07-12-2023

This game feels like a big’un. We’re top and they are on form too. 

It seems a battle of the midfields and if ever there was a time for us to need our first choice players available, this is it. Don’t fuck this one up, Joe!

It appears they have selection problems too. So many good players and only eleven places available. I fancy both teams to go up and I don’t want us to come second. 

It would have been better if Colby had been fit. I’d sooner see both teams at full strength but it’s what we have to put up with right now. We’ve still got a bit of a makeshift side but the stand ins are doing a great job. They need to be at their best for this one.

Whatever happens, I just hope that both teams play to their best and make it one of the best games of the season. A bit of a shame that more Bolton fans won’t be there to increase the atmosphere but those gits at Sky have buggered it up, as usual. 

Cunni’s prediction 2-1

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Mostlysunny - 07-12-2023

Yep...without doubt, the biggest game of the season so far. 

I reckon it'll be a pretty cagey affair with both sides keeping things tight and not wanting to loose.....so it's a 0-0 draw for me, but then again this is Pompey so we could equally go out there and give them a 4-0 spanking!!

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - briefcase_wanchor - 07-12-2023

Would love to see Saturdays team have another crack at this, but I agree we need to win the midfield battle so it’s got to be Joe and Marlon to start.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - firqdays - 07-12-2023

Just got a feeling about this one - we're finally going to come good on Sky, and it's not a tuesday night so might break that cycle.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Cunninglinguist - 07-12-2023

I think the key is our left side. If Lane is there to work with Sparkes then I’d be happier, although I think he is better on the right.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - bluetagagain - 07-12-2023

I’m actually getting to see this game. Originally I was ok when it was on a Saturday but when it was moved to Monday I was meant to be flying to Australia. Unfortunately Mrs Tag took ill and got admitted to QA’s and we’ve been strongly advised not to travel. So with all that I feel Pompey owe it to me to give Bolton a good 3-0 dicking

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Cunninglinguist - 07-12-2023

Hear hear. Hope your lovely lady is on the mend.

Being a sky match, I won’t be seeing this on IFollow. Bloody sky! I’ll get to see the match after the event but it’s not the same.

Unless there is a devilish little link somewhere, I’m going to be reduced to listening to it. I miss Hesgoal. That was always pretty reliable.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - firqdays - 07-12-2023

Just hope we win the toss, and press the ME first, and Paddy Lane does the business !

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Rocketman - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 12:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Hear hear. Hope your lovely lady is on the mend.

Being a sky match, I won’t be seeing this on IFollow. Bloody sky! I’ll get to see the match after the event but it’s not the same.

Unless there is a devilish little link somewhere, I’m going to be reduced to listening to it. I miss Hesgoal. That was always pretty reliable.
Absolutely right, Hesgoal was great. It might be available on Now TV, I looked last night but too early to tell.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - foxleyblue - 07-12-2023

I feel a 1-1 draw coming

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Northstandgeorge - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 03:56 PM)Rocketman Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 12:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Hear hear. Hope your lovely lady is on the mend.

Absolutely right, Hesgoal was great. It might be available on Now TV, I looked last night but too early to tell.

Try tvtappro its got all the sky/tntsports channels

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Hermann's_no_hermit - 07-12-2023

Can't make it to any midweek games so f****d off it's not being played on Saturday. Reckon it will be 1-1. A win though would be massive for us so hoping for one of our late winners. We haven't had one for a few weeks so hoping this could be the game.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Pompey_in_Derby - 07-12-2023

Agree - this will be a massive game!

The optimist in me is hoping for a repeat of the last time we beat Bolton while ending the night on top of the league. Yes, the 4-0 thrashing at FP in our first season in the Premier League. All the goals came at the Fratton End in the second half and Teddy Sheringham got a hat-trick. We had to win by at least 4 goals to be top and Teddy banged in twice in the last 5 minutes! An absolutely fantastic night!

Then again, I'd gladly take a 1-0 home win on Monday!

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Hammie - 07-12-2023

Be nice to see Yengi break his duck for this end of the season

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - TitchfieldBlue - 07-12-2023

Bolton, for this level, are an outstanding side. They will likely win the league.

Normally would expect to win home games but a draw on Monday would be a good result.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - slayer - 07-12-2023

If we don't win the league, Bolton will.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Cunninglinguist - 08-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 07:18 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:56 PM)Rocketman Wrote:

Try tvtappro its got all the sky/tntsports channels
Two fellas with valuable info. 

Thank you, chaps, that’s cheered me up.

Anyone with in depth knowledge of their strikers? They’ve been banging them in this season, something we’ve struggled to be prolific at.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Cunninglinguist - 08-12-2023

Hmmm, I’ve just had a look at the names and I recognise all six of them.

That’s a little unsettling.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - dsmg - 08-12-2023

TVtappro and Now tV aren't free, are they? Hesgoal or hesgoals is but seems to work sporadically.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Sharpe* - 08-12-2023

Massive game!

Wasn't going to go as work next day but sod it - can't miss this one.

My seat is in the Milton End on the isle closest to the Bolton fans.

Going to be a great atmosphere.

2-1 Pompey or 2-2.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Wanderlust - 08-12-2023

Two excellent sides for this level so I'm hoping that the game itself reflects the quality in both teams.
Really couldn't predict a scoreline - depends on who turns up on the night.
From a BWFC perspective, we've been a joy to watch recently and in our last game broke our record for goals scored in a calendar year - which surprised me as for a long time we were a possession based team with a lot of the possession across the back and not enough penetration up top - but more recently we've scored a load with goals being spread throughout the squad.
For a long time we played patches of quality build up without an end product - great to watch but frustrating as hell. We couldn't buy a goal from a set piece and so the manager said he'd pay money out of his own pocket into the Xmas fund and incredibly set piece goals started to arrive - should be a helluva Xmas party and Evatt will be skint the way it's going.
Strikers aren't that prolific - Charles and Adeboyejo both have a massive work rate and usually spend the first hour chasing down everything that moves which tends to take them away from goal, but they do work the defence. Often as not Evatt brings on fresh strikers on the hour as they're knackered and for the most part this has been Bodvarsson (class but not the biggest engine) and Nlundulu (big engine but only just starting to show a bit of quality - however he picked up an injury last game and might not be available) Jerome is another cameo player but is basically training up to be a coach and isn't the player he once was.
Midfield will be interesting as we have decent players with different qualities - I imagine there will be loads of video analysis going on this week for Evatt to decide who to start , but I'd be surprised if he goes for a defensive set up.
We're likely to go 352 with 2 WBs and any 3 from 5 between them.
We do have the occasional disaster of a game as we play high risk footie but hopefully the game won't be decided on mistakes or a dodgy ref - I'd just like us to put in the type of performance we're capable of as it's a thing of beauty when we get it right. But who knows? TBH anything could happen.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - Northstandgeorge - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 08:45 AM)dsmg Wrote: TVtappro and Now tV aren't free, are they? Hesgoal or hesgoals is but seems to work sporadically.

Tvtappro is free just need to download the app

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - foxleyblue - 08-12-2023

Firestick Wink

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - bilbo baggins - 08-12-2023

(08-12-2023, 11:13 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: Firestick Wink

I have a firestick but can't get anything on it.  How the fck does it work.

RE: The great big beautiful Bolton match thread. - bluetagagain - 08-12-2023

You need a ‘dodgy’ one Smile