TrueBlueArmy Forums
Player ratings - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Player ratings (/showthread.php?tid=3637)

Player ratings - Cunninglinguist - 11-12-2023

Entire team. Fucking brilliant. 9

RE: Player ratings - Theyak2 - 11-12-2023

Yengi gets 9.5 if only for squaring the ball when he should've had a go.
He'd of learned alot tonight and the division will now know that it's not just Bishop that's going to be a headache!

RE: Player ratings - FiftyYearsOn - 11-12-2023

Yengi immense. Everyone else fantastic. Extra mention for Pack. Since he returned.. 2-0 3-0 2-0. No coincidence I think. Proper leader, talented on the ball.

RE: Player ratings - Hammie - 11-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 10:52 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: Yengi immense. Everyone else fantastic. Extra mention for Pack. Since he returned.. 2-0 3-0 2-0. No coincidence I think. Proper leader, talented on the ball.

moving Pack left to cover Sparkes and bringing Whyte on to come more central, really seemed to make seeing out the game pretty straight forward. their nineteen was excellent first half, Morrell seemed to cut him out of the game second half.
Yengi gave what Bolton fans think is a very good defender a really hard night's work. 

A really good team performance against a really good team.

RE: Player ratings - Hermann's_no_hermit - 11-12-2023

Hard to disagree with the 9s all round but here's mine with a few minutes more to calm down. - 

Norris - 8.5 - 1 great save though we were of course lucky with the follow up being missed. Generally did the sweeper job well but a few over-long clearances hence no 9 from me
Rafferty - 9 - Great link up play with Kamara and defensively so solid.
Raggett - 9 - Like a rock at the back and looks so much more composed on the ball since coming back into the team. Doing so well we are not missing Poole.
Shaughnessy - 8.5 - A couple of mistakes but generally sound. Brilliant movement and header for the goal.
Sparkes - 7.5 - Got caught out defensively in the early stages but settled into the game. Not as effective going forward as sometimes, no real link-up with Lane.
Morrell - 9.5 - So many interceptions, kept everything ticking over and kept his cool despite being on the receiving end of some meaty challenges. Would have been my MOTM were it not for Yengi.
Pack - 9 - We ran the midfield in this game and he is now looking as good as he was the first half of last season.
Kamara - 8 - Brilliant 1st half but was running out of steam a little before the injury. Hope it's nothing serious.
Robertson - 8 - Not as effective as when he plays deeper. The early booking may have hampered him a bit.
Lane - 7 - Not his best game but maybe I am being picky.
Yengi - 9.5 - Magnificent. Took about 20 minutes to learn how to get the better of Santos but was unplayable after that. Quick, strong, a quick learner and thoroughly deserved his goal. MOTM for me.

Subs
Whyte - 8.5 - fantastic cameo and if he had played a full game like that it would have been another 9.5
Devlin - 7.5 - helped us see the game out well
Saydee and Swanson not really on long enough to mark.

Mousinho - 9. Had them really fired up, the press was so effective it made a very good side look average in the 2nd half. That has to go down to great coaching.

I am still buzzing - what a night

RE: Player ratings - bluetagagain - 11-12-2023

Lane has been switched to the left flank to accommodate Kamara on the right and its seems to have worked. Although if Whyte keeps this level of performance up I can see him returning to the left and Lane back at Right Wing.

RE: Player ratings - Cunninglinguist - 12-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 11:22 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: Hard to disagree with the 9s all round but here's mine with a few minutes more to calm down. - 

Norris - 8.5 - 1 great save though we were of course lucky with the follow up being missed. Generally did the sweeper job well but a few over-long clearances hence no 9 from me
Rafferty - 9 - Great link up play with Kamara and defensively so solid.
Raggett - 9 - Like a rock at the back and looks so much more composed on the ball since coming back into the team. Doing so well we are not missing Poole.
Shaughnessy - 8.5 - A couple of mistakes but generally sound. Brilliant movement and header for the goal.
Sparkes - 7.5 - Got caught out defensively in the early stages but settled into the game. Not as effective going forward as sometimes, no real link-up with Lane.
Morrell - 9.5 - So many interceptions, kept everything ticking over and kept his cool despite being on the receiving end of some meaty challenges. Would have been my MOTM were it not for Yengi.
Pack - 9 - We ran the midfield in this game and he is now looking as good as he was the first half of last season.
Kamara - 8 - Brilliant 1st half but was running out of steam a little before the injury. Hope it's nothing serious.
Robertson - 8 - Not as effective as when he plays deeper. The early booking may have hampered him a bit.
Lane - 7 - Not his best game but maybe I am being picky.
Yengi - 9.5 - Magnificent. Took about 20 minutes to learn how to get the better of Santos but was unplayable after that. Quick, strong, a quick learner and thoroughly deserved his goal. MOTM for me.

Subs
Whyte - 8.5 - fantastic cameo and if he had played a full game like that it would have been another 9.5
Devlin - 7.5 - helped us see the game out well
Saydee and Swanson not really on long enough to mark.

Mousinho - 9. Had them really fired up, the press was so effective it made a very good side look average in the 2nd half. That has to go down to great coaching.

I am still buzzing - what a night
An excellent assessment.

The only thing I’d take issue with was Lanes’ mark. We chucked everything down the right hand side and Lane never really got into it. A mention should be made of Jones, who I thought was excellent for them.

Pack was phenomenal and was instrumental in stifling their right flank.

RE: Player ratings - Hammie - 12-12-2023

Funny to think we beat a very good side and had two of our best performers not really at their usual best. ie Lane and Robertson. If we ever all play at our very best at the same time we are going to totally stuff a team somewhere.

RE: Player ratings - FiftyYearsOn - 12-12-2023

Thinking about it this morning I should give special credit to Kamara who had a terrific first half and Whyte (who I have slated aplenty before) for his excellent performance late on. Hopefully that is the start of his rejuvenation.

RE: Player ratings - Lawrence - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 10:16 AM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: Thinking about it this morning I should give special credit to Kamara who had a terrific first half and Whyte (who I have slated aplenty before) for his excellent performance late on. Hopefully that is the start of his rejuvenation.

I thought the team gave Bolton too much respect for the first half of the first half. As usual, we gave the visitors a clear cut chance to score so we can play catch up and for once it wasn't taken. Then, all of a sudden, the team began to believe they could win this game. Second half was incredibly one-sided but not surprising considering the huge effort the whole team put in. They never gave Bolton a moments piece during the second half. So uplifting watch players run for every ball and brick houses like Santos being given such a torrid time.

Bolton looked excellent in the first half. I thought, this is not going to be a walkover. Then, bit by bit, we closed them down.

They’ve got some good players though.

RE: Player ratings - kindofblue - 12-12-2023

Yep. Bolton played some neat intricate football in our half early on. I think their missed goal was a key moment- it would have seriously bolstered them and led to a much more difficult game for Pompey.

RE: Player ratings - bluetagagain - 12-12-2023

I also felt the ref gave Bolton the vast majority of 50/50 ‘tackles’ especially in the battle between Santos and Yengi.
A thoroughly deserved win especially the 2nd half performance.

RE: Player ratings - Hammie - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 12:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I also felt the ref gave Bolton the vast majority of 50/50 ‘tackles’ especially in the battle between Santos and Yengi.

as regards Santos and Yengi, that could simply be an experienced player knowing just what you can get away with in this league.

(12-12-2023, 03:15 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 12:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I also felt the ref gave Bolton the vast majority of 50/50 ‘tackles’ especially in the battle between Santos and Yengi.

as regards Santos and Yengi, that could simply be an experienced player knowing just what you can get away with in this league.

Even some Bolton fans thought Santos got away with too much….and he bloody did!

Fantastic defender though. Can we get him as backup for Raggett?