TrueBlueArmy Forums
Yengi - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Yengi (/showthread.php?tid=3638)

Pages: 1 2

Yengi - Cunninglinguist - 11-12-2023

What a performance against the best opposition centre half I’ve seen this season. 

I’m not sure Bishop could have done so well tonight and it’s very reassuring that we have a very capable stand in. It just emphasises what a fantastic squad has been built.

RE: Yengi - D'Alessandro dreaming - 11-12-2023

Yep, I don't think Bish as good as he is would have got much change off of Santos. Yengi's pace and movement was a better match up.

RE: Yengi - TBP - 11-12-2023

Could've done with a better referee.

RE: Yengi - FiftyYearsOn - 11-12-2023

Indeed, but he did at least play advantage for our second goal. Yengi was immense. Powerful, controlled but so athletic. Just a gut feeling he could end up a better player than Bishop but that’s not meant in any way as a slight on Colby.

RE: Yengi - slayer - 11-12-2023

More than filled Colby's boots.  He will need to earn his space back

RE: Yengi - Hermann's_no_hermit - 11-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 11:19 PM)slayer Wrote: More than filled Colby's boots.  He will need to earn his space back

That's a great problem to have for the team

RE: Yengi - slayer - 11-12-2023

What a competition between them. Brilliant

RE: Yengi - D'Alessandro dreaming - 11-12-2023

He as a nuisance to him all game but only really totally got the better of Santos about three or four times. That's still three or four times more than anyone else in the division had of late.

RE: Yengi - Brada1402 - 12-12-2023

Big fan of Bishop but last 2 games the fluidity yengi has brought with the way he holds the ball up and allows the overlap and runs off him is a thing I think will make us v difficult to deal with. Trying to think of ways that we could incorporate both players in this system but can't see how. I don't usually comment hastily but yengi looks like he will be quite capable in the not so distant future of playing high level championship football.

RE: Yengi - Cunninglinguist - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 12:35 AM)Brada1402 Wrote: Big fan of Bishop but last 2 games the fluidity yengi has brought with the way he holds the ball up and allows the overlap and runs off him is a thing I think will make us v difficult to deal with. Trying to think of ways that we could incorporate both players in this system but can't see how. I don't usually comment hastily but yengi looks like he will be quite capable in the not so distant future of playing high level championship football.

It would be difficult for you to have commented hastily, considering you’ve only just arrived! Big Grin 

Bloody frustrating, isn’t it, having too many good players?

RE: Yengi - Hammie - 12-12-2023

I'd agree that Santos (?)would have enjoyed marking Bishop far more than Yengi. Our transfer business is looking better and better, especially as regards signing young players who can grow.

RE: Yengi - Brada1402 - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 05:43 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 12:35 AM)Brada1402 Wrote: Big fan of Bishop but last 2 games the fluidity yengi has brought with the way he holds the ball up and allows the overlap and runs off him is a thing I think will make us v difficult to deal with. Trying to think of ways that we could incorporate both players in this system but can't see how. I don't usually comment hastily but yengi looks like he will be quite capable in the not so distant future of playing high level championship football.

It would be difficult for you to have commented hastily, considering you’ve only just arrived! Big Grin 

Bloody frustrating, isn’t it, having too many good players?

I mean I've had one or two conversations about pompey previous to joining believe it or not lol.

Well frustrating. Might hand my ticket in until normal service resumes..feeling giddy this high up the table for this long Wink

RE: Yengi - First67 - 12-12-2023

Waltzing Kusini, Kusini Yengi
You’ll come a scoring Kusini with me
And we sang as he hit one straight into the onion bag
You’ll come a scoring Kusini with me.

RE: Yengi - FiftyYearsOn - 12-12-2023

Good effort!

RE: Yengi - slayer - 12-12-2023

Bits of the Fratton End were singing it to Johnny Aloisi last night

(12-12-2023, 11:24 AM)slayer Wrote: Bits of the Fratton End were singing it to Johnny Aloisi last night

Didn’t know he was there.

The tune of*

lol

RE: Yengi - bluetagagain - 12-12-2023

To the tune of Waltzing Matilda ( sorry no meeting)

Kusini Yengi Kusini Yengi
He comes from Australia and he’s gonna score us goals
And he’ll run and he’ll score and he’ll run down to the Fratton End
Kusini Yengi he’s come to score us goals.

Please feel free to ignore/ criticise/ amend Smile

RE: Yengi - Daniel - 12-12-2023

Did what bishop does but had the athleticism to add which bishop doesn’t have

Got to be something we can do with Yogi Bear

RE: Yengi - Hammie - 12-12-2023

he certainly enjoyed himself after the final whistle, with the Fratton end fans.

RE: Yengi - kindofblue - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 01:18 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: To the tune of Waltzing Matilda ( sorry no meeting)

Kusini Yengi Kusini Yengi
He comes from Australia and he’s gonna score us goals
And he’ll run and he’ll score and he’ll run down to the Fratton End
Kusini Yengi he’s come to score us goals.

Please feel free to ignore/ criticise/ amend Smile

.....won't happen unfortunately. The moron drums can only really handle 'Yengi....Yengi......'

It’s worth reading the comments about Yengi, posted on the Bolton forum. They thought he was superb.

RE: Yengi - Gerry Hatrick - 12-12-2023

How about.....

Ner-ner-ner, ner-ner-ner, ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-nerrrrrr,
Ner-ner-nerrr, ner-ner-ner-ner, ner-ner-ner, ner-ner-ner, ner-Kusini.

Just a matter of remembering all those words.

RE: Yengi - tricky_ricky_pfc - 12-12-2023

Kusini Yengi’s magic, he wears a magic hat
He could’ve signed for Melbourne, but he said no fuck that
He wants to play for Pompey in the famous blue and white 
And when we win promotion, we’ll sing this song all night

That’ll teach Bishop for getting injured.