TrueBlueArmy Forums
The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. (/showthread.php?tid=3643)

Pages: 1 2

The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Cunninglinguist - 12-12-2023

Can’t bloody wait for this one. 

Are we gonna wallop someone at last or are we going to come down with a bump?

I think it’s just as important to have a good reaction after a huge win as it was to recover from Blackpools impudence.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Rocketman - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 04:40 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Can’t bloody wait for this one. 

Are we gonna wallop someone at last or are we going to come down with a bump?

I think it’s just as important to have a good reaction after a huge win as it was to recover from Blackpools impudence.

Absolutely right - got to keep the pressure on for every game, build on all that was good last night.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Hammie - 12-12-2023

It would be old fashioned Pompey to turn up and cruise to a depressing loss.
Hopefully this squad is better than that.
If we can improve our decision making in the box, someone is due for a damn good thrashing

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Pedalo_menders - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 06:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: It would be old fashioned Pompey to turn up and cruise to a depressing loss.
If we can improve our decision making in the box, someone is due for a damn good thrashing

It is better than that. After years of misery, I have the faith again and am bloody loving it!

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - farq2 - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 07:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 06:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: It would be old fashioned Pompey to turn up and cruise to a depressing loss.

It is better than that. After years of misery, I have the faith again and am bloody loving it!

3-0

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - firqdays - 13-12-2023

Please John M keep them grounded, one game at a time, remember NO EASY GAMES !

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Hammie - 13-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 11:25 AM)firqdays Wrote: Please John M keep them grounded, one game at a time, remember NO EASY GAMES !

I would expect at least one pair of fresh legs, with such competition for places they have to be really on their game.
Whyte seems an obvious shoe in for Kamara given the way he played when he came on, and presumably they will rest Kamara as he looked ot have turned his ankle at minimum.
Looking at the table Shrews have been on a good run, but their goal difference is alarmingly bad. -14 suggests that if we get at them they might leak goals.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - tl73 - 13-12-2023

Amazing thread title.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 13-12-2023

It would be frustrating to drop points here after such a great result on Monday. Is there any news on the Kamara injury? Might well be a start for Whyte.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - foxleyblue - 13-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 11:25 AM)firqdays Wrote: Please John M keep them grounded, one game at a time, remember NO EASY GAMES !

read online that [i]according to Marlon Pack, John doesn't get too involved with the dressing room.[/i]
Initially, he laid out what he wanted from the team, and left them to it.
They seem to appreciate that. Smile

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Pompey_in_Derby - 14-12-2023

Would happily take a scrappy 1-0 win on Saturday.

Shrewsbury are very strong at home - they've picked up more points than Stevenage - so we need a repeat of the physicality and energy that we showed against Bolton!

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Cunninglinguist - 14-12-2023

We need to be majestic and ruthless. It’s about time we started playing like champions.

1-3

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - slayer - 14-12-2023

Thread title of the year. You win fuck all for it, but nice work.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - slayer - 14-12-2023

P.S Super Matty Taylor manages them doesn't he? He knows what is expected

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Pompey_in_Derby - 14-12-2023

Less than 100 tickets left - surprised we haven't sold out already!

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Cunninglinguist - 14-12-2023

(14-12-2023, 11:58 AM)slayer Wrote: Thread title of the year. You win fuck all for it, but nice work.

Failed miserably on my punctuation.

Couldn’t give a shit  Big Grin

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Hammie - 14-12-2023

(14-12-2023, 12:30 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Less than 100 tickets left - surprised we haven't sold out already!

The last saturday games before Christmas were always famous for lower crowds.
Not sure if anyone goes shopping these days, but money is tight

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 14-12-2023

Bishop available for selection. I still think Yengi will start though.

Bishop hasn’t scored for weeks.

Yengi, Yengi.

More than 1500 tickets sold but still a few left.

They’ve got a lovely car park.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - bluetagagain - 14-12-2023

I think it would be a shame and perhaps confidence denting if Yengi didn’t start on Saturday. Bish on the bench and coming on for the last 20 mins or early if Yengi is having a howler.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Hammie - 14-12-2023

ditto for Whyte, let him start and have Kamara on the bench if fully fit and if he is needed

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Cunninglinguist - 15-12-2023

If Colby starts he’d better score!

I couldn’t bear seeing a headline saying ‘Shrews beat Bishop’.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - firqdays - 15-12-2023

Wonderful Monday showed that we now have a brilliant manager who has FAITH and Belief in our players.

Why sit back defending a lead when you have (numerous) players capable of destroying teams ?

John M knows that.

RE: The itsy bitsy teeny weeny Shrewsbury dreading our Kusini thread. - Gerry Hatrick - 15-12-2023

Personally, I've seen clubs even tinier than Shrewsbury.