TrueBlueArmy Forums
Man City export ? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Man City export ? (/showthread.php?tid=3645)

Man City export ? - firqdays - 13-12-2023

I do believe that Mr Eisner will be under no false impression as to the quality of player(s) needed if we graduate to the Championship.

Alex ROBERTSON epitomises the very class and standard of player we must aspire to sign, if we wish to sustain ourselves at that level. 

It would seem that 'Robbo' does has a considerable few players in front of him before any consideration for the City first eleven - so I suppose it depends on how greatly Pep rates him ?

RE: Man City export ? - Hammie - 13-12-2023

if we get up, would have thought a season's loan in the champ would be on the cards

RE: Man City export ? - FiftyYearsOn - 13-12-2023

Absolutely and with the player enjoying his time here and City probably very happy with it I would have thought it would be a real possibility.

RE: Man City export ? - D'Alessandro dreaming - 13-12-2023

The only question mark would be whether Man City feel he has progressed behind that and loab him out to a European top flight team.

RE: Man City export ? - TBP - 13-12-2023

Ipswich have done ok, Plymouth are struggling and SW look like they are coming straight back. What will Pompey need to do to stay in the Championship, preferably, at least, mid-table?

RE: Man City export ? - DeepBlue - 13-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 02:39 PM)TBP Wrote: Ipswich have done ok, Plymouth are struggling and SW look like they are coming straight back. What will Pompey need to do to stay in the Championship, preferably, at least, mid-table?

They'll need to get promoted for one.

RE: Man City export ? - dsmg - 13-12-2023

Ipswich doing ok? They’re top, 10 points clear of third with Conor banging them in with alarming regularity.

RE: Man City export ? - slayer - 13-12-2023

Showing a bit of disrespect here methinks. We aren't up yet. Karma is a harsh mistress!

The Eisner's always said that they only wanted to get promoted when the infrastructure was in place to stay up. That seems to be what is now there.
But let's get there first.

RE: Man City export ? - bluetagagain - 13-12-2023

IF we do go up then team spirit plays a big part. Ipswich haven't really strengthened that mush since going up. They've got the same attacking midfield and strikers and keeper.
Robertson would be a great buy (someone mentioned he only has 1 yr left on his contract ?), if so we should make a cheeky bid before it expires (that's if City are willing to sell obviously), if not then IF we get promoted then hopefully another loan deal.

RE: Man City export ? - TBP - 13-12-2023

Some of us like to think ahead. Just going up to come straight back down because we haven't done any planning for the Championship seems a bit of a waste. Of course, it may not be needed, but that doesn't mean it's wasted effort. So no planning for the Championship until it's too late. Purchases in the January window should keep the Championship in mind.

RE: Man City export ? - bluetagagain - 13-12-2023

Do you really think JM, Richard Hughes et al aren’t planning for this ???

RE: Man City export ? - dsmg - 13-12-2023

They planned pretty well for this season.

RE: Man City export ? - Cunninglinguist - 13-12-2023

And any purchases in January should be made with the team spirit of this current squad in mind. Any changes/additions will have an impact on this squad.
As has been mentioned several times, when we have lost a first choice player his replacement has come in and done a good enough job to see us still at the top of the table. What effect would it have on the current crop of players morale to see someone else come in who might take their place. Such a team spirit as we seemingly have now is extremely rare. Disrupt it at your peril.

We may need additions who are absolutely vital but I believe there is a case for no additions at all.

I'd agree, unless we see a sudden rash of injuries over Christmas.
Another young centre half to be developed, especially if they might lose Raggett in the summer, and might not see him as Champ level.

RE: Man City export ? - TBP - 14-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 07:52 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Do you really think JM, Richard Hughes et al aren’t planning for this ???

I have no idea, but I hope they are. I was interested in views on this site.

RE: Man City export ? - D'Alessandro dreaming - 14-12-2023

(13-12-2023, 03:05 PM)dsmg Wrote: Ipswich doing ok? They’re top, 10 points clear of third with Conor banging them in with alarming regularity.

(13-12-2023, 07:52 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Do you really think JM, Richard Hughes et al aren’t planning for this ???

Nah, they've been too busy with Christmas.