TrueBlueArmy Forums
The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. (/showthread.php?tid=3659)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Cunninglinguist - 17-12-2023

Yak has spunked too early, we’ve got this lot next. 

Looking forward to this game in particular because this is the chance for the missing men to start coming back. I reckon it’s going to end up being tougher to choose the bench warmers than the actual first team, by the end of the season.

Thwee nil is Cunni’s pwediction.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 17-12-2023

A little distraction from this slew of league games. There will be some selection dilemmas, certain players coming back needing match time. I'd go off a lineup something like this:

Schofield 

Swanson      Raggett      Towler    Hume/anyone but Sparkes

Stevenson     Lowery

Whyte            Devlin              Scully

Saydee 

I really want Lowery, Devlin and Stevenson to get a start hence Saydee up top. I'd only expect Lowery and Scully to be able to do an hour so tweaks could be made later moving Devlin and Saydee back one with Bishop/Yengi coming on. Ideally Sparkes gets a rest here so someone else can fill in there whether that's Hume, getting Vincent back or trying something mad like putting Josh Martin there.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Cunninglinguist - 17-12-2023

No Josh Martin!!

Not our player, don’t need him.

I’d like to see Saydee given a run out up front, make him the target man.

Raggett as captain, in that team?

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 17-12-2023

(17-12-2023, 09:15 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: No Josh Martin!!

Not our player, don’t need him.

I’d like to see Saydee given a run out up front, make him the target man.

Raggett as captain, in that team?

He is our player, he joined after his contract at Norwich expired

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Cunninglinguist - 17-12-2023

I refuse to believe it. He’s ordinary.

Only to middle of January and then we can get shot.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Theyak2 - 17-12-2023

Thanks for that Cunning!
Shooting 'dust' nowadays, it's just good planning.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Northstander - 17-12-2023

As I understand it Raggs is suspended due to his red card at Orient in the previous game in this competition

Cool, we can play a youngster

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 17-12-2023

(17-12-2023, 11:06 AM)Northstander Wrote: As I understand it Raggs is suspended due to his red card at Orient in the previous game in this competition

Well remembered, I totally forgot about that. It will have to be Shaughnessy and Towler starting together for the first time (I think).

Quarm and Towler

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - DeepBlue - 17-12-2023

He could play Swanson & Towler at centre back and two kids at fullback. 

Not sure Lowery is game ready yet, so Jewitt-White could play again.

I’d sooner play Swanson in his preferred position, to keep him ready for that role.

For me I'd take the gaffer getting his boots on again and playing in this if it means Shaughnessy can put his feet up for this. Getting through would be nice and all, I just don't want a single important first teamer getting hurt. The Chesterfield game has scarred me.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Hammie - 17-12-2023

I think we can recall our young loans to play in the EFL trophy.
We have a centre half out somewhere I think Mongi?

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 17-12-2023

(17-12-2023, 10:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: I think we can recall our young loans to play in the EFL trophy.
We have a centre half out somewhere I think Mongi?

Mongi?!? Lol Big Grin

Haji Mnoga is his name, he mainly plays at right back

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Hammie - 17-12-2023

I plead insanity for spelling players names!

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Cunninglinguist - 18-12-2023

Oops, there goes another rib.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 18-12-2023

I can be a bit of a mong myself at times  Tongue

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Cunninglinguist - 18-12-2023

Ta for that, Oz but you ain’t playin!

Mongishness isn’t the prime quality we’re looking for here.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - bluetagagain - 18-12-2023

I reckon one or two youth nippers will get a run out, Quarm?, Mottoh etc

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 18-12-2023

Jack Fox is a possible starter. I've heard good things about him.

Given that Curtis has been reported as training with the Wombles, is it a possibility that he could play tomorrow? That would be a turnup.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 18-12-2023

JM is indicating that Scully and Lowery won't start tonight. That means Devlin probably starts and maybe Mottoh on the left.

RE: The Wonderfully Whacky, Wibbley, Wobbley, Wombley Wimbledon Thwead. - Slagger - 18-12-2023

(18-12-2023, 05:37 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: JM is indicating that Scully and Lowery won't start tonight. That means Devlin probably starts and maybe Mottoh on the left.

Tomorrow night might be better…

(18-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Slagger Wrote:
(18-12-2023, 05:37 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: JM is indicating that Scully and Lowery won't start tonight. That means Devlin probably starts and maybe Mottoh on the left.

Tomorrow night might be better…

They are also doubts for tomorrow :-)