TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bishop - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bishop (/showthread.php?tid=3687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bishop - TBP - 24-12-2023

A comment on the efl show last night was that Bishop's last three goals have come from penalties. So it must have been some time since he last scored in open play. Do League one defenders all know how to neutralise him? He didn't get a sniff yesterday. Yengi could well have been the key to our recent success and scoring in the second half of the season could be difficult.

RE: Bishop - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 24-12-2023

Yengi has been better than Bishop and should start against Bristol Rovers. If he doesn’t start then he should at least get a run out as sub at some stage

RE: Bishop - FiftyYearsOn - 24-12-2023

Agreed and I was more than a little surprised that Yengi didn’t get on yesterday as I thought Bishop was uninspiring and the ref clearly didn’t like him!

RE: Bishop - essentialmix75 - 24-12-2023

We shouldn't all be bashing the Bishop together!.

It's a bit weird.....Wink

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 24-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 08:38 AM)TBP Wrote: A comment on the efl show last night was that Bishop's last three goals have come from penalties. So it must have been some time since he last scored in open play. Do League one defenders all know how to neutralise him? He didn't get a sniff yesterday. Yengi could well have been the key to our recent success and scoring in the second half of the season could be difficult.

He didn’t get a sniff???

What game were you watching?

RE: Bishop - briefcase_wanchor - 24-12-2023

Bishop does struggle to get touches in the box - more often involved out wide or deeper.

RE: Bishop - HotToddy - 24-12-2023

Don't blame Bishop. We need a better no 10 than Robertson. imo Robertson played better alongside Morrell or Pack.

RE: Bishop - Hammie - 24-12-2023

Robrtson had really settled into the deep role
Lane also seems less effective now we have moved him to make room for Kamara on the right

RE: Bishop - Rocketman - 24-12-2023

Problem is you can't have Robertson, Pack and Morrell all deep. Maybe swap Robertson and Morrell with the latter playing more forward. Either way, we need more goals from those two.

RE: Bishop - DeepBlue - 24-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 06:26 PM)HotToddy Wrote: Don't blame Bishop. We need a better no 10 than Robertson. imo Robertson played better alongside Morrell or Pack.

Robertson played two sublime passes from the edge of the box to Kamara yesterday, he is our best no. 10 by a mile. But I'd agree he was also probably better in the deeper role.

RE: Bishop - HotToddy - 25-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 10:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(24-12-2023, 06:26 PM)HotToddy Wrote: Don't blame Bishop. We need a better no 10 than Robertson. imo Robertson played better alongside Morrell or Pack.

Robertson played two sublime passes from the edge of the box to Kamara yesterday, he is our best no. 10 by a mile. But I'd agree he was also probably better in the deeper role.

"We need a better no 10 than Robertson". I'd prefer Devlin myself, or best of all a January signing. Anyway, the thread is about Bishop, not Kamara.

RE: Bishop - bluetagagain - 25-12-2023

I think Robertson is more suited as a 6. I would start with Lane back on the right where he’s more influential and Scully on the left. IMO I actually think Whyte could play the ten role, he’s not a traditional winger ( more of an old fashioned inside forward), and gets himself into attacking/ goalscoring positions.

RE: Bishop - mikey393 - 25-12-2023

I said at the start of the season that top No.10's are few to find & command top wages.

Lewis Wing was the player we needed or very similar.

Whyte could be worth a try if not try to get one on loan who's currently out of favour in a Championship club.

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 25-12-2023

Doesn’t ‘out of favour’ imply that they’re probably not in form?

RE: Bishop - TitchfieldBlue - 26-12-2023

The one trick penalty taker having a poor game again.

RE: Bishop - Deebo - 26-12-2023

Fuck off Tit.

(26-12-2023, 03:38 PM)Deebo Wrote: Fuck off Tit.

What does he do except score pens?

He is nowhere near as good as Devante Cole and several other attackers in this league.

He can't even hold the ball up. Get yengi on.

RE: Bishop - mikey393 - 26-12-2023

(25-12-2023, 08:13 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Doesn’t ‘out of favour’ imply that they’re probably not in form?

Not always may have fallen out with the manager a la Jayden Sancho.

RE: Bishop - Jizbag - 26-12-2023

Fuck sake!

RE: Bishop - FiftyYearsOn - 26-12-2023

wow. suddenly we are looking a really jaded outfit.

He doesn't do much except score penalties.

RE: Bishop - slayer - 26-12-2023

Other than make them of course.

RE: Bishop - Daniel - 26-12-2023

Been awful since he came back from injury

RE: Bishop - briefcase_wanchor - 27-12-2023

Not watched it back yet, and may have been mentioned elsewhere on here, but wasn’t Bishop taken out on the edge of the 6 yard box a minute or two before we scored? I saw it as a certain pen and a red.

RE: Bishop - slayer - 27-12-2023

Two very different players but this reminds me of the curious case of Eoin Doyle. Castigated by the fans for not sticking them in enough (so badly that according to Carl Tiler the player did not feel able to return for his medal and attend the event on the Common) but was a key creator in most of what we did in that run to winning League 2 (interestingly a team that had no clear out and out goalscorer with goals from all across the team).

Goals Scored is a blunt unit of measure for a striker.