TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bishop - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bishop (/showthread.php?tid=3687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Bishop being a squinny - stayinupforever - 02-01-2024

IMO we all enjoyed four wins in a row scoring 10 conceding 0. The football played was great to watch. We wanted it to continue. It didn't and we were all disappointed. Naturally we blamed anything and everything.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Gerry Hatrick - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 09:01 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: IMO we all enjoyed four wins in a row scoring 10 conceding 0. The football played was great to watch. We wanted it to continue. It didn't and we were all disappointed. Naturally we blamed anything and everything.

Damn those passionate fans with opinions!

RE: Bishop being a squinny - FiftyYearsOn - 02-01-2024

How much better football would be without fans with opinions.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - TBP - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 09:01 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: IMO we all enjoyed four wins in a row scoring 10 conceding 0. The football played was great to watch. We wanted it to continue. It didn't and we were all disappointed. Naturally we blamed anything and everything.

The real problem was Mousinho changing the team. Bishop got caught in the backlash.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - DeepBlue - 02-01-2024

We did ... but everyone seems to have forgotten that Bishop was part of that team for over 20% of the time and scored one of the goals.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Tomsk - 02-01-2024

Let him have his little hissy as a one off and everyone can get over it. If it continues though just set our little XL Bully Morrell on him in training.

RE: Bishop - Cunninglinguist - 02-01-2024

(29-12-2023, 01:18 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(29-12-2023, 06:33 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: What we all need to take into account is that Mikey doesn’t watch games and he wouldn’t have seen whether Bishop was match fit or not.

I saw absolutely nothing to suggest Bishop lacked any match fitness. He runs for everything and doesn’t/hasn’t let up.

I have to agree with Tag about a Yengi and Bishop pairing. It was different and gave Bristol something to adjust to but the hardest thing they had to deal with was a decent winger doing his job. Lane did everything that Kamara was struggling to achieve.

I don't need to watch actual games live. Guy Whittingham's comments are normally spot on. You only watch on ifollow & don't attend.

I've been to 2 games this season which is 2 more than you so respectively suggest you don't keep repeating that worn line!
How would you know Guys comments are spot on? You don’t watch games!

I actually watch games (by whatever method) and that gives me a valid reason to feel I know what I’m talking about.

I’ve never criticised you for not attending, I regard you as a prat because you try and talk with authority, based on nothing. Your comments are often laughable and your seeming regard for the trolling of Titchfield/BA, only serves to reinforce my opinion of you.

In fairness to you, when you actually do watch games, your opinion seems to be sensible. If you restricted your voicing to things you actually know about I wouldn’t feel compelled to take the piss out of you so often.

Much love.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Lawrence - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 01:30 PM)Tomsk Wrote: Let him have his little hissy as a one off and everyone can get over it. If it continues though just set our little XL Bully Morrell on him in training.

He did the same when he scored against Bolton at home last season.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Pedalo_menders - 02-01-2024

I'm always amazed at the ego some of these league 1 players have. Too thick to understand that if you play for a club with a fan base of more than 1 man and his dog, you're gonna be under scrutiny. 

If you're paid to score goals and miss a bunch of sitters, you're gonna get moaned at. 

And with the case of Bishop specifically, it wasn't even that much moaning. Honestly, what a wet lettuce.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Sharpe* - 02-01-2024

Well he's vented now - hopefully he'll get on with scoring.

I do think he thinks he's doing us a favour in staying and that he's Championship level.

Needs to toughen up and get on with it.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Pedalo_menders - 02-01-2024

Shame no championship clubs wanted him though, innit. He would find out extremely quickly that if he goes on barren spells in the champ, you get the bench the next game.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - D'Alessandro dreaming - 02-01-2024

I think Bishop has overreacted a bit. Cupping his ears to the Fratton end was daft as the vast majority of the dinlos questioning his value to the team are most likely armchair fan keyboard warriors who rarely if ever go to games. I do feel he has a point though. There is an unpleasant vocal minority who absolutely love getting on our own players backs. That was apparantly Enda Stevens observation about Pompey fans and I'm sure Adam Webster would concur.

I would though say this isn't just a Pompey problem, it's the impatient and reactive modern armchair football fan. It's a generation who've played a bit of Football Manager and think they know it all and have seen a bit too much of clowns like the AFTV lot and Mark Goldbridge ranting about players. Players of course should expect criticism if they underperform, but when we are talking about one of the very best players in the division, fans talking about cashing in on him or questioning if he's any good is absolutely ridiculous when you look at his record.

It is though a tiny minority and it does annoy me that his teammates have pointed these trolls posts out to him.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - dsmg - 02-01-2024

That’s why I love Raggett. Just gets on with it. Is hard but fair. Never complained when he was out in the cold, gets called back in and gives 100 per cent. Also scored with the best shot seen at Fratton since the days of Berger or Pedalo Menders, certainly the hardest.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - essentialmix75 - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 04:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Shame no championship clubs wanted him though, innit. He would find out extremely quickly that if he goes on barren spells in the champ, you get the bench the next game.

Bishop is a bang average league one player, playing in one of the top teams in the league that will create more chances, then a mid to lower table team.

He is great at penalty taking and good with his head when he's coming onto the ball, he chases everything down....... But got no real pace, his hold up play is sh*t, always tries getting into a losing fight with the other teams centre half (he's not  Drogba). And during some games looks despondent added to now crying about the fans..... Raggett never does this and at times many people have been calling for his head.

If a big offer came in for him in Jan, I would sell him and try and reinvest in someone like Ali Al Hamadi (21) and looked the real deal, when he come on for Wimbledon. He also had the presents of a great player.

I would also be more then happy if the following also left.
Towler
Saydee
Schofield
Hume
Scully
Oluwayemi

And I would love to try and sign Kamara, Blackett-Taylor, Dan Kemp, Matt Macey and Ali Al Hamadi.

We have to start looking towards showing we mean business about not only winning this league, but staying up next season.

(02-01-2024, 05:36 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 04:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Shame no championship clubs wanted him though, innit. He would find out extremely quickly that if he goes on barren spells in the champ, you get the bench the next game.

Bishop is a bang average league one player, playing in one of the top teams in the league that will create more chances, then a mid to lower table team.

He is great at penalty taking and good with his head when he's coming onto the ball, he chases everything down....... But got no real pace, his hold up play is sh*t, always tries getting into a losing fight with the other teams centre half (he's not  Drogba). And during some games looks despondent added to now crying about the fans..... Raggett never does this and at times many people have been calling for his head.

If a big offer came in for him in Jan, I would sell him and try and reinvest in someone like Ali Al Hamadi (21) and looked the real deal, when he come on for Wimbledon. He also had the presents of a great player.

Towler
Saydee
Schofield
Hume
Scully
Oluwayemi

And I would love to try and sign Kamara, Blackett-Taylor, Dan Kemp, Matt Macey and Ali Al Hamadi.

We have to start looking towards showing we mean business about not only winning this league, but staying up next season.

Our promotion rivals would absolutely love us to get rid of Bishop. This is an awful take. It's so utterly divorced from reality that it's hard to know where to start.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - essentialmix75 - 02-01-2024

It depends on who you replace him with!.....

Ali Al-Hamadi

Dan Kemp   Plays as a number 10  14 goals 8 assists

Then Kamara, Blackett-Taylor, and Matt Macey we all know about.

I wouldn't sell him if it didn't improve the squad.

(02-01-2024, 06:05 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: It depends on who you replace him with!.....

Ali Al-Hamadi

Dan Kemp   Plays as a number 10  14 goals 8 assists

Then Kamara, Blackett-Taylor, and Matt Macey we all know about.

I wouldn't sell him if it didn't improve the squad.

By all observable metrics, Bishop is not just one of the best strikers in league one, he is one of the best players in league one. Players of his quality at this level do not grow on trees. I wouldn't be especially against the club signing any of the players you mention but their current clubs might have something to say about it and aren't likely to want to sell in January short of getting a huge offer.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - TitchfieldBlue - 02-01-2024

People shouldn't slate him. He's our best striker and a very nice bloke. He is a good striker at this level.

Jonson Clarke Harris, dion Charles and devante cole are better, but Colby is still a good striker for this level.

He's not good enough to be a championship striker though, IMO.

There are plenty of other players who should take fans frustration before bishop though.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - DeepBlue - 02-01-2024

I thought Che Adams was generally regarded as your best striker ? 

But if you must talk about Pompey players at least be consistent, one minute it was "What does he do except score pens?" or "He can't even hold the ball up. Get yengi on." now it's suddenly "he is a good striker at this level"

Must try harder if you want to be a decent WUM.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Cunninglinguist - 02-01-2024

Bishop is a fantastic striker at this level.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Cunninglinguist - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 06:29 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: People shouldn't slate him. He's our best striker and a very nice bloke. He is a good striker at this level.

Jonson Clarke Harris, dion Charles and devante cole are better, but Colby is still a good striker for this level.

He's not good enough to be a championship striker though, IMO.

There are plenty of other players who should take fans frustration before bishop though.

Though, though, though…….

Nearly a thought.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - dsmg - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 05:36 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

Towler
Saydee
Schofield
Hume
Scully
Oluwayemi

Mix, so Ali Al Hamadi has the presents of a great player. Is that cos it’s Christmas? Sorry, couldn’t resist it!

RE: Bishop being a squinny - TitchfieldBlue - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 06:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: I thought Che Adams was generally regarded as your best striker ? 

But if you must talk about Pompey players at least be consistent, one minute it was "What does he do except score pens?" or "He can't even hold the ball up. Get yengi on." now it's suddenly "he is a good striker at this level"

Deepblue you're the man who said Bishop is a top end championship striker so I'll take what you say with a pinch of salt.

RE: Bishop being a squinny - bluetagagain - 02-01-2024

Oh fvck off you sad scummer wum

RE: Bishop being a squinny - Trarchus - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 07:12 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 06:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: I thought Che Adams was generally regarded as your best striker ? 

Deepblue you're the man who said Bishop is a top end championship striker so I'll take what you say with a pinch of salt.

Sammie Szmodics scored 21 goals for Posh in two seasons, 2020/22 now top scorer in the Championship 3 more than Armstrong.