TrueBlueArmy Forums
Player Ratings - Stevenage - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Player Ratings - Stevenage (/showthread.php?tid=3723)

Pages: 1 2

Player Ratings - Stevenage - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2024

Norris. Poor distribution but fantastic saves to keep us in it. 7
Sparkes. Not much forward play but defensively better and better. 7
Shockers. Solid, as usual. 7.5
Raggett. Solid but not much in the way of his long range passing today. 7
Rafferty. Pushed a bit further forward. 7.5
Pack. Superb performance alongside Morrell. 8
Morrell. Superb performance alongside Pack. 8
Lane. MOM. Up, down, around and a great goal. 8.5
Robbo. Much better from him. Really great control and an assist. 7.5
Bishop. Some great touches and showed the idiots who doubt him that he hasn’t lost anything. Great goal. 7.5
Kamara. Such pace but when he gets the ball, that final touch. He could be a world beater but he ain’t (yet). 6.5

Saydee. Strong as always. 7.5

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - FiftyYearsOn - 01-01-2024

One huge error from Shockers nearly gifted them late equaliser when he just wasn’t strong enough but apart from that think I agree with all the above. Harsh not to give Robbo any score at all!!

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 05:48 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: One huge error from Shockers nearly gifted them late equaliser when he just wasn’t strong enough but apart from that think I agree with all the above. Harsh not to give Robbo any score at all!!

Oops. 7.5

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - slayer - 01-01-2024

Again marked up a point IMO.

8 for me for Lane today though. Classy player

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Hammie - 01-01-2024

Just as well Kamara didn't finish those three chances, we would have lost him!
A very good win against a really tough opponent.
But we look like we need some players back very soon or some loans into strengthen the squad as we are looking a bit thin and getting tired.
Surprised we did not bring on fresh legs for Kamara as he puts in a lot of miles and while Stevenage were on top we just really needed fresh legs out there.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Cunninglinguist - 01-01-2024

Totally get your line of thinking, Slayer. My baseline is how they performed against the standard of team they were up against. Stevenage were very good.

(01-01-2024, 06:12 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Totally get your line of thinking, Slayer. My baseline is how they performed against the standard of team they were up against. Stevenage were very good.

Can totally see why they are in the top six at least. 
We could easily have crumbled in the second half as their fresh legs never let up on chasing us down all over the pitch. I'd imagine that Evans gave them an earful at halftime for not doing that in the first half.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - TBP - 01-01-2024

Decent overall performance against a competent lively forward line. The Stevenage defence wasn't so good in the first half. Thompson certainly tightened them up. Kamara needs to spend the week practising one on ones. Robertson pushed forward well, but not too as much effect as should have happened. Why does he keep taking free kicks, he has yet to hit the target? Bishop better with Robertson pushing up. How many people have said that one up front isn't really working?

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - essentialmix75 - 01-01-2024

Norris for me has to command his box far better. I feel he is reluctant to come for any balls that are pumped into the box, and this is the weakness Stevenage tried to attack second half.

And we are lucky to have Shaughnessy and Raggett, that are so good in the air.

I think next season after we get promoted, we will be under far greater pressure and he will have to be a far better goalkeeper, and not just good with his feet.

Robertson did a very good job of getting closer to Bishop, first half. Too often we leave him isolated with no chance to do much other than hope for a free kick. As regards taking free kicks, who have we had since Pitman who can score direct more than once a season? Better to put the ball in the box, either direct or from a pass to the wing.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - DeepBlue - 01-01-2024

Bihop's post match interview showed how pissed off he has been at some of the ridiculous criticism he has been getting.  I just hope a big offer doesn't come in for him in this window because he might just be pissed off enough to be tempted.

(01-01-2024, 06:24 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Bihop's post match interview showed how pissed off he has been at some of the ridiculous criticism he has been getting.  I just hope a big offer doesn't come in for him in this window because he might just be pissed off enough to be tempted.

He has underperformed, and anyone who has been at the games has every right to have been calling for him too be on the bench.

Yengi when he was given a chance, grabbed it with both hands and should never have been taken back out of the team when Bishop come back from injury!.... And the whole back 4 for them today never had any pace, Yengi would have had a field day.

Yes precious by Colby. This isn't Accy any more. Score, create, or cop it

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - exterminator - 01-01-2024

I was in Milton End & CB's non celebration of his sublime backheel for his goal spoke volumes.

As he rightly said in his post match interview with Moonface "I think people can read in to that"  & " every striker goes through a lean patch at times".

It is about time Pick n' Mix & Titchfield Blue aka Blue Army got off his back.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - DeepBlue - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 06:29 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 06:24 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: Bihop's post match interview showed how pissed off he has been at some of the ridiculous criticism he has been getting.  I just hope a big offer doesn't come in for him in this window because he might just be pissed off enough to be tempted.

He has underperformed, and anyone who has been at the games has every right to have been calling for him too be on the bench.

Yengi when he was given a chance, grabbed it with both hands and should never have been taken back out of the team when Bishop come back from injury!.... And the whole back 4 for them today never had any pace, Yengi would have had a field day.

Yengi had one good game against Bolton, but was very average in his other games when Bishop was out, in fact even quite poor in his last game at Shrewsbury when Bishop came off the bench to replace him (note Bishop did not get his place straight back). He has good potential but Bishop is undoubtedly one of the top three strikers in this league. 

As Andy Moon said on the radio post-match, anyone that thinks he should be starting ahead of Bishop doesn't know football.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Northstandgeorge - 01-01-2024

Alot of the criticism he has been getting from a few on web sites is warranted. I'm sure Bishop is aware of this and he would get who ever he played for. I'm sure he wouldn't to want to leave because of a little criticism.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Lawrence - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 05:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Norris. Poor distribution but fantastic saves to keep us in it. 7
Bishop. Some great touches and showed the idiots who doubt him that he hasn’t lost anything. Great goal. 7.5
Kamara. Such pace but when he gets the ball, that final touch. He could be a world beater but he ain’t (yet). 6.5

If kamara had finished any of those three clear chances I'd  have given it to him. Bedt performance for him as he usually disappears after 45 mins.

I wish Norris would stop with the pathetic attempts to get players sent off by feigning injury. His time wasting  crap  has already cost us 2 points from Charlton. Good goalkeeper but that dreaded dip in form looks inevitable.

and his laying there looking injured worries me intensely given the quality of our reserve keeper!

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Deebo - 01-01-2024

I read a lot of these posts and think we actually deserved Marquis. Bishop came back from a bad injury and struggled for a bit of form and the moaners were straight in his back. Back to his best first half linked play superbly and a great goal. You can tell how pissed off he is by his reaction when he scored. There aren’t many if any cfs better than him in this division. Never gets any support from the refs either. Be careful what you wish for moaners or he’ll be off to the first offer that comes in. And it will.

(01-01-2024, 06:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 06:29 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

Yengi had one good game against Bolton, but was very average in his other games when Bishop was out, in fact even quite poor in his last game at Shrewsbury when Bishop came off the bench to replace him (note Bishop did not get his place straight back). He has good potential but Bishop is undoubtedly one of the top three strikers in this league. 

As Andy Moon said on the radio post-match, anyone that thinks he should be starting ahead of Bishop doesn't know football.
He was the best player on the pitch vs Wimbledon till being taken off at half time and he scored.

That was 2 goals in 2 1/2 games both from open play.

But All Hail 'Andy Moon'.... LMFAO

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Hermann's_no_hermit - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 05:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Norris. Poor distribution but fantastic saves to keep us in it. 7

Pretty good assessment for me. Thought Pack & Morrell were excellent but Lane has really started to show why he was made League One Young Player of the Year a couple of seasons back. He is starting to chip in with quite a few goals now. I like him a lot and think he will keep getting better.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Lawrence - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 07:05 PM)Deebo Wrote: I read a lot of these posts and think we actually deserved Marquis. Bishop came back from a bad injury and struggled for a bit of form and the moaners were straight in his back. Back to his best first half linked play superbly and a great goal. You can tell how pissed off he is by his reaction when he scored. There aren’t many if any cfs better than him in this division. Never gets any support from the refs either. Be careful what you wish for moaners or he’ll be off to the first offer that comes in. And it will.

The sign of a good player is responding to the criticism in the right way. Having said that, I do think he was brought back too early from thst injury given some of the more winnable opposition we had over Christmas. We hardly used yenghi when there was an opportunity to give him a bit of a run and give Bishop a rest.

Bishop had a really good 45 mins today but was poor at Exeter. What's wrong with saying that?

I think JM will be having a word with him.

Any time Bishop looks remotely like doing anything the fans sing to him.

He is also forgetting the show of support after the Blackpool loss.

He has received some criticism but the support on a match day is overwhelming.

Man up or go to Mansfield.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - TBP - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 07:05 PM)Deebo Wrote: I read a lot of these posts and think we actually deserved Marquis. Bishop came back from a bad injury and struggled for a bit of form and the moaners were straight in his back. Back to his best first half linked play superbly and a great goal. You can tell how pissed off he is by his reaction when he scored. There aren’t many if any cfs better than him in this division. Never gets any support from the refs either. Be careful what you wish for moaners or he’ll be off to the first offer that comes in. And it will.

There was no need to bring him back quickly, the team was on fire with Yengi. I'm not quite sure what he did in the away games, but they were good wins. Dropping Yengi seemed to demotivate the team generally.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Deebo - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Lawrence Wrote:

The sign of a good player is responding to the criticism in the right way. Having said that, I do think he was brought back too early from thst injury given some of the more winnable opposition we had over Christmas. We hardly used yenghi when there was an opportunity to give him a bit of a run and give Bishop a rest.

Bishop had a really good 45 mins today but was poor at Exeter. What's wrong with saying that?

Everybody was poor at Exeter. Why single him out? He has been our best centre forward for years and had a dip in form after a bad injury and people jumped on his back, mainly led by scummer Titchfield Blue and the sheep followed. He was no worse than anybody else in those games and the service to him was appalling. You can say what you like, I couldn’t give a fuck but don’t squeal and call him disloyal if he fucks off.