TrueBlueArmy Forums
Nathan Thompson - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nathan Thompson (/showthread.php?tid=3726)

Nathan Thompson - stayinupforever - 01-01-2024

Dangerous

Didn't realise it was such a bad foul.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Hammie - 01-01-2024

live, I thought Saydee had his head at waist height, clearly not from the replays!

RE: Nathan Thompson - essentialmix75 - 01-01-2024

The thing was he knew he was there!.

Could have been so much worse for Saydee.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Lawrence - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 09:20 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Dangerous

Didn't realise it was such a bad foul.

It's a  bad foul but we know from experience that Nathan isn't that kind of player. He just balls it up and saydee caught the brunt of it.

RE: Nathan Thompson - bluetagagain - 01-01-2024

I don’t buy that. Thompson is a player of the dark arts, he obviously didn’t want to injure Saydee but he never holds back in trying to get an advantage.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Lawrence - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 10:03 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I don’t buy that. Thompson is a player of the dark arts, he obviously didn’t want to injure Saydee but he never holds back in trying to get an advantage.

But we didn't mind that when he played for us though eh?

RE: Nathan Thompson - slayer - 01-01-2024

It was a sickening challenge that got the punishment it deserved and thankfully Saydee isn't blind tonight.

RE: Nathan Thompson - dsmg - 02-01-2024

His dives were always a bit embarrassing. That ‘tackle’ yesterday deserved a red. Can forgive him as he scored that all important goal at Wembley, his only one for us I believe.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Deebo - 02-01-2024

I’m sorry to be having to go over this again but once more the refs interpretation of what constitutes a bad foul was all over the shop. Innocuous challenges were getting bookings and persistent or dangerous fouling wasn’t (their Italian sounding centre half a case in point). Luckily he got the Thompson call right. He could literally have blinded Saydee in that eye.

RE: Nathan Thompson - bluetagagain - 02-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 10:17 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 10:03 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I don’t buy that. Thompson is a player of the dark arts, he obviously didn’t want to injure Saydee but he never holds back in trying to get an advantage.

i did, it was embarrassing.

RE: Nathan Thompson - DeepBlue - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 11:21 AM)bluetagagain Wrote:

His party trick of making sure he got a free kick when touched by an opponent wasn't really one the cheating dark arts. It's not like he was diving for no reason, just making sure the ref saw that he had been fouled. 

I don't remember him ever committing a dangerous foul when he played for us. I never thought of him as a dirty player - he only got one straight red playing for us, plenty of yellows but nothing nasty.  Certainly never anything like yesterday's effort.

I find Norris’s antics embarrassing too. That business of dummying to pick it up ffs. Some goalie (memory’s gone) got caught out recently and Norris has been charged down several times. It’s all so unnecessary and he’s been booked a couple of times for time wasting too. Good goalie but his charging out at Thompson and shouting in his ear while he was on the ground is faf. Twat

RE: Nathan Thompson - FiftyYearsOn - 02-01-2024

Agree. i think it was Br Rov.. certainly gave Barnsley a late winner.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Pedalo_menders - 02-01-2024

Nathan was a total WUM when playing for us and I fooking loved it! He would put his foot in but I never recall him attempting decapitation for us. It's an unsavoury new trait; no-doubt nutruted by having Lardarse McMental as a manager.

RE: Nathan Thompson - slayer - 02-01-2024

Has he apologised?

Not to me

RE: Nathan Thompson - Northstander - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 04:14 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Nathan was a total WUM when playing for us and I fooking loved it! He would put his foot in but I never recall him attempting decapitation for us. It's an unsavoury new trait; no-doubt nutruted by having Lardarse McMental as a manager.

Yes Nathan is a WUM. Remember him winding up Oxford's Mowatt when he missed the pen at the ME. Mowatt reacted, saw a red and we won 3.0. I did laugh that day (my ex is from Oxford) but yes I agree can't recall him attempting decapitation.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Jizbag - 03-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 11:54 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 11:21 AM)bluetagagain Wrote:

His party trick of making sure he got a free kick when touched by an opponent wasn't really one the cheating dark arts. It's not like he was diving for no reason, just making sure the ref saw that he had been fouled. 

I don't remember him ever committing a dangerous foul when he played for us. I never thought of him as a dirty player - he only got one straight red playing for us, plenty of yellows but nothing nasty.  Certainly never anything like yesterday's effort.

If touching someone on the back is a foul then the game is gone.

RE: Nathan Thompson - stayinupforever - 03-01-2024

In that case.. it's gone already.

RE: Nathan Thompson - Hammie - 03-01-2024

It drives Witts mad on the radio. Defenders always get the foul from a touch in the back, strikers usually get booked if they fall over.