TrueBlueArmy Forums
Harry Rednapp - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Harry Rednapp (/showthread.php?tid=379)

Pages: 1 2

Harry Rednapp - mikey393 - 15-03-2021

He just joked earlier on Talk sport that's he's available & willing to walk to Pompey for the job!

But, can't start until next Saturday due to Cheltenham Races!

Give him a results based contract until the end of the season & reckon he might take it.

We need someone with experience - He has it in Spades!

A motivator - He's the best turned Benjani from Sunday league to international star then there was Kanu!

I'm happy to pick the team with Ex Gaffer for tomorrow Night & ask Ricky to do a Motivational Speech.

Pompey 2-0.

RE: Harry Rednapp - exgaffer - 15-03-2021

(15-03-2021, 10:51 AM)mikey393 Wrote: He just joked earlier on Talk sport that's he's available & willing to walk to Pompey for the job!

Give him a results based contract until the end of the season & reckon he might take it.

A motivator - He's the best turned Benjani from Sunday league to international star then there was Kanu!

I'm happy to pick the team with Ex Gaffer for tomorrow Night & ask Ricky to do a Motivational Speech.

Pompey 2-0.

That’s it the Mikey, let’s get our application in pronto ?.

RE: Harry Rednapp - TBP - 15-03-2021

Cheltenham races should be a good opportunity to meet the players. They usually go there, don't they?

RE: Harry Rednapp - Wightblue - 15-03-2021

I don’t think he would be a particularly good fit with our owners but we might see some very exciting football from Pompey again.

Don’t know what he would make of our current bunch of under-achievers but ‘Arry’s normal blend of a kick up the ‘arris with an arm round the shoulder might work.

I like Mickey idea of a results based contract but I suspect that HR’s success fee would be way in excess of what Pompey would pay.

Could ‘Arry actually get us promoted from where we currently lie ? I would hope so but it would be a fun end to the season anyway.......in a season where ‘fun’ and ‘Pompey’ rarely were in the same sentence.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Deebo - 15-03-2021

Personally I don't really care who takes over as long as we finish the season giving it a go with some decent football. Seeing the owners seem happy enough in Div 3 they might as well entertain us as success on the pitch doesn't appear to be a priority. They wouldn't have stuck with Useless Eustace for so long if that were the case. Totally underwhelmed by the front runners to date but you pays yer money...

RE: Harry Rednapp - Pedalo_menders - 15-03-2021

if that saggy chopped coont gets anywhere near our club again, I'm hopping on a plane with my Redknapp OUT banner.

RE: Harry Rednapp - bluetagagain - 15-03-2021

take him as caretaker Cool

RE: Harry Rednapp - Deebo - 15-03-2021

They'd be shit scared he makes a success of it and the majority of fans would want him to stay. Instead we get Mini-me Gallen. More of the same. Don't get it myself.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Gerry Hatrick - 15-03-2021

Harry persuaded the likes of Teddy Sheringham, David James, Paul Merson Sol Campbell and Jermaine Defoe to come to Pompey. He took a side adrift near the bottom of the league and somehow kept us up. He put together a completely new team and took us from the bottom quarter of the league to Champions in a YEAR - not four, Kenny.
I don't what it is, but there is something about Harry and Pompey that creates magic. I would have thought that is a perfect fit for a Disney-man owner.
In fact, as Wight might say, he's a jolly good fellow.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Smirnoffexpress - 15-03-2021

A proper club line up new/replacement manager before sacking the one in the seat. Hopefully someone had already sorted our replacement out before putting the bullet into Jacket and it’s just a case of tying up loose ends. Unless of course the new manager is already working with another club?

RE: Harry Rednapp - Wightblue - 15-03-2021

......and so say all of us ??

RE: Harry Rednapp - Cleaver Greene - 15-03-2021

"don't what it is, but there is something about Harry and Pompey that creates magic. I would have thought that is a perfect fit for a Disney-man owner."

Err I reckon it's bucket loads of money (That we didn't have).

(15-03-2021, 05:11 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: "don't what it is, but there is something about Harry and Pompey that creates magic. I would have thought that is a perfect fit for a Disney-man owner."

Err I reckon it's bucket loads of money (That we didn't have).

‘Bucket loads of money that we didn’t have’.

I reckon Harry’s been advising the current government (sorry, should be in the politics section I know).

RE: Harry Rednapp - Rocketman - 15-03-2021

(15-03-2021, 02:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: if that saggy chopped coont gets anywhere near our club again, I'm hopping on a plane with my Redknapp OUT banner.

Gotta love Mr Pedalo. Why would we want 'Arry in.....?  After all, all he did was take us from bottom 1/4 of Championship to Prem in his first season, got us playing attacking football, got us an FA Cup for first time in nearly 70 years, got us 6 years of brilliant entertainment, was/is one of the best every man managers. He's clearly the last person we need in temporarily. And before anyone raises that old fake news chestnut  of "but he bankrupted us", no he didn't, he never bought a single player. It's the Board that bought players we couldn't afford and bankrupted us.

RE: Harry Rednapp - bluebollox - 15-03-2021

(15-03-2021, 06:27 PM)Rocketman Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 02:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: if that saggy chopped coont gets anywhere near our club again, I'm hopping on a plane with my Redknapp OUT banner.

Gotta love Mr Pedalo. Why would we want 'Arry in.....?  After all, all he did was take us from bottom 1/4 of Championship to Prem in his first season, got us playing attacking football, got us an FA Cup for first time in nearly 70 years, got us 6 years of brilliant entertainment, was/is one of the best every man managers. He's clearly the last person we need in temporarily. And before anyone raises that old fake news chestnut  of "but he bankrupted us", no he didn't, he never bought a single player. It's the Board that bought players we couldn't afford and bankrupted us.

Rocketman, Willie McKay & Pini Zahavi loved Redknapp. Ask yourself why?
Great football, great entertainment but took this club to the brink.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Rocketman - 15-03-2021

Good interview this morning with MC on the Pompey web

RE: Harry Rednapp - Tufnell_Chimes - 15-03-2021

"After all, all he did was take us from bottom 1/4 of Championship to Prem in his first season"

Don't forget that it was the the time of ITV Digital's collapse - a lot of Championship clubs got truly burnt. We sold Sir Peter and had money in the bank.

RE: Harry Rednapp - mikey393 - 15-03-2021

(15-03-2021, 11:00 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 10:51 AM)mikey393 Wrote: He just joked earlier on Talk sport that's he's available & willing to walk to Pompey for the job!

Pompey 2-0.

Gaff I've already sent it in via Carrier Pidgeon to MC earlier today but it looks like they've done the dirty on us & given tomorrow night's match to JG who hasn't got a clue. 

For a fact he'll be phoning KJ for the team selection. We should now both up in Poshland staying overnight at The Premier Inn - Luxury Rooms with Jacuzzi of course! Currently in the bar on our 10th pint discussing team selection & formations written on the back of a fag packet!

If it all goes pear shaped I'm expecting a What's App from MC probably at H.T. requesting our presence at Roko on Wednesday morning to discuss short-term contracts. Meanwhile Harry will be loosing all his dough at Cheltenham & come Friday night will have started his Sponsored Brown envelope walk to F.P.

(15-03-2021, 09:20 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

Pompey 2-0.

Gaff I've already sent it in via Carrier Pidgeon to MC earlier today but it looks like they've done the dirty on us & given tomorrow night's match to JG who hasn't got a clue. 

For a fact he'll be phoning KJ for the team selection. We should now both up in Poshland staying overnight at The Premier Inn - Luxury Rooms with Jacuzzi of course! Currently in the bar on our 10th pint discussing team selection & formations written on the back of a fag packet!

If it all goes pear shaped I'm expecting a What's App from MC probably at H.T. requesting our presence at Roko on Wednesday morning to discuss short-term contracts. Meanwhile Harry will be loosing all his dough at Cheltenham & come Friday night will have started his Sponsored Brown envelope walk to F.P.
Ten pints in a bar Mikey?

I’m definitely warming to this idea Smile Smile

I want to sit in the Fratton End for home games though, and just come down for half time or when a sub is required.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Hammie - 15-03-2021

He gave us all one of the best seasons ever, he took us to a proper cup final and won the thing, he made a fortune on the transfer market which other people wasted.
I'd love to see his brand of football again, even just for a dozen games.
At least the finances would be secure this time around!

RE: Harry Rednapp - mikey393 - 16-03-2021

(15-03-2021, 09:20 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

Pompey 2-0.

Better dust off your old predator boots & tracksuit as you'll be needing them until we receive our club kit with initials emblazoned on the Front. Better get an early night for 9am team meeting at the Roko tomorrow. 1st on the agenda defending at corners & Set pieces. 2nd Our Set pieces & shooting practice ( I've asked Brett Pitman to pop in for a couple of hours to show the strikers where the goal is ). Harry all prepped for Saturday still.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Isaac Hunt - 16-03-2021

Enough of this...Mikey out

RE: Harry Rednapp - teeftwo - 16-03-2021

I think ExGaffer predates Predator boots somewhat. I see him more in a pair of Kevin Keegan Patrick.

RE: Harry Rednapp - Cleaver Greene - 16-03-2021

How about them Alan Ball white boots with the rotating studs on the bottom that all us kids desired in the early 70's?

RE: Harry Rednapp - Deebo - 16-03-2021

As a contemporary I can say with some confidence that the Gaff is an Oliver's Spotkick man.