TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bishop to Millwall ? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bishop to Millwall ? (/showthread.php?tid=3825)

Pages: 1 2

Bishop to Millwall ? - DeepBlue - 24-01-2024

Bid of £1m apparently .

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - bluetagagain - 24-01-2024

Really!!!!! Where is that mentioned?

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - DeepBlue - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 07:49 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Really!!!!! Where is that mentioned?

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159638121011752&set=gm.7246787075373999&idorvanity=765093846876720

hopefully just facebook rubbish, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Hammie - 24-01-2024

Eat what you kill
a profit of half a million and presumably someone lined up
Big IF, but with him seeming to have lost the love...

Personally I'm not sure that his lack of pace makes him a natural for a level up, but then again the refs might give him a little more protection from unwanted physical attention.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - bluetagagain - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 07:53 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159638121011752&set=gm.7246787075373999&idorvanity=765093846876720

Couldn’t open the link

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Gerry Hatrick - 24-01-2024

Just the usual unsubstantiated drivel from DeepBlue

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Cunninglinguist - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 08:41 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Just the usual unsubstantiated drivel from DeepBlue

Really? 

I don’t always agree with Deep but that’s not an accusation that I would level at him.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - exgaffer - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 07:53 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

It’s football, if the contract is a good one he’ll go, simple as.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - DeepBlue - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 08:41 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Just the usual unsubstantiated drivel from DeepBlue

I'm not saying it's true, in fact I said I hope it's Facebook rubbish, but having seen it there was surprised no-one had mentioned it on here.

The source is a transfer rumour site with a very hit and miss record.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - wjd - 24-01-2024

Have heard the rumour but £1m is not enough. I think it would need at least £1.5m to tempt us to take that kind of risk. If we got £1.5 would think it could be enough to get Johnson Clark Harris from Peterborough and maybe Hurst from Ipswich too Still a risk but I could go with that! 
The key is that we are not left with Saydee as our only forward until Yengi gets back.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - simonfkwit - 24-01-2024

Hirst unlikely to play again this season so wouldn't be ideal.

Besides, Millwall signed Obafemi yesterday so calling bullshit on this anyway.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - wjd - 24-01-2024

Hoping it is nonsense but until we get through this window, I will be a bit edgy about losing our only tried and tested forward. We really should not be in such a vulnerable position!

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - TitchfieldBlue - 24-01-2024

Pompey are a much much bigger club than Millwall.

The move won't happen.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Hammie - 24-01-2024

Pompey are a bigger club than Brentford, but it has not stopped us having to borrow a player from them (or Norwich)

(24-01-2024, 11:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: Pompey are a bigger club than Brentford, but it has not stopped us having to borrow a player from them (or Norwich)

Out of the current prem teams, I'd say Pompey are bigger than Luton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Brentford, and Fulham. Some good seasons for Brighton doesn't change anything.

We are probably on par with Sheffield United, despite current league positions.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Cowespompey - 24-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 11:17 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote:
(24-01-2024, 11:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: Pompey are a bigger club than Brentford, but it has not stopped us having to borrow a player from them (or Norwich)

Out of the current prem teams, I'd say Pompey are bigger than Luton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Brentford, and Fulham. Some good seasons for Brighton doesn't change anything.

We are probably on par with Sheffield United, despite current league positions.

We’re not bigger them at the moment  though are we

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Pedalo_menders - 24-01-2024

Saying we are bigger than Brighton is very silly. They're an established top half premier league team averaging over 30k attendance. They don't have the history but sadly they are now much bigger than us. 

Sheffield utd are also bigger than us. 

We are equivalent to Burnley but without the race wars and silly accents.

(24-01-2024, 11:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Saying we are bigger than Brighton is very silly. They're an established top half premier league team averaging over 30k attendance. They don't have the history but sadly they are now much bigger than us. 

Brighton are not bigger than us at all. They have been in the prem near a decade, but have done nothing in the rest of their history. They are currently doing better than us in the league but it's not that simple. You have to consider everything and not just when a club is having a good spell. When our new North stand is built we will get 30,000 crowds easily. Brighton were getting 6k crowds not long ago and have zero major trophies. 

Brighton will be in the championship in the not too distant future. They are having their day in the sun.

We have a much bigger support and catchment area than Burnley do.

I lived in Sheffeld for 3 years, and I can categorically say they are not bigger than Pompey in any way. They don't sellout Bramall Lane and actually Sheffield Wednesday have a bigger support in the city.

Football teams have good and bad spells. You can't say a club is bigger than another just because they are in a higher league doing better at that particular time.

Anyway we are going off topic here.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Pedalo_menders - 25-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 11:50 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote:
(24-01-2024, 11:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Saying we are bigger than Brighton is very silly. They're an established top half premier league team averaging over 30k attendance. They don't have the history but sadly they are now much bigger than us. 

Brighton are not bigger than us at all. They have been in the prem near a decade, but have done nothing in the rest of their history. They are currently doing better than us in the league but it's not that simple. You have to consider everything and not just when a club is having a good spell. When our new North stand is built we will get 30,000 crowds easily. Brighton were getting 6k crowds not long ago and have zero major trophies. 

Brighton will be in the championship in the not too distant future. They are having their day in the sun.

We have a much bigger support and catchment area than Burnley do.

I lived in Sheffeld for 3 years, and I can categorically say they are not bigger than Pompey in any way. They don't sellout Bramall Lane and actually Sheffield Wednesday have a bigger support in the city.

Football teams have good and bad spells. You can't say a club is bigger than another just because they are in a higher league doing better at that particular time.

Anyway we are going off topic here.

We just look at it differently. I have the view that clubs can grow and shrink so you have to look at how big they are currently. I appreciate this is a snapshot and doesn't take into account history etc. 

Yes back on topic, I think £1M is a good return for Bish provided we got in someone better. Who that is though is anyone's guess. Stay or go I don't mind.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - raymond.hallbear1@gmail.com - 25-01-2024

Like he isn't scoring for us, so maybe he will at Millwall. Just sayin'  Rolleyes

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Gerry Hatrick - 25-01-2024

(24-01-2024, 08:56 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

Really? 

I don’t always agree with Deep but that’s not an accusation that I would level at him.

He completely made up a claim that Bishop's family had been abused online last week and now presents this rubbish although now I see he is hastily back-tracking about its veracity. So I'm afraid it's an accusation simply bourne out by the facts.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Cunninglinguist - 25-01-2024

(25-01-2024, 05:32 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:
(24-01-2024, 08:56 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

Really? 

He completely made up a claim that Bishop's family had been abused online last week and now presents this rubbish although now I see he is hastily back-tracking about its veracity. So I'm afraid it's an accusation simply bourne out by the facts.

He put a disclaimer on it in his  first response to Tag.

Not so sure about the origins of the ‘family abuse’  idea and perhaps Deep would like to offer some sort of supporting evidence, or state if it’s merely his theory or not,

Like you, I do like substantiation.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Sharpe* - 25-01-2024

I suspect he might want to go.

Hope he stays.

If we can sell at a profit then I'd imagine the Eisner's would accept.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Bluebob - 25-01-2024

No way would we sell Bishop unless we had someone better lined up to replace him. And also even though he is going through a rough patch in my opinion we would be mad to let him go for anything less than 2 million.

RE: Bishop to Millwall ? - Daniel - 25-01-2024

1.5 and he goes. Not sure bishop is the sort of striker we would buy now with Hughes as DOF