TrueBlueArmy Forums
Charlton ticket stitch up - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Charlton ticket stitch up (/showthread.php?tid=3828)

Charlton ticket stitch up - Lawrence - 26-01-2024

Tickets go on sale at 10am this morning for the charlton game to the group that I include. They are apparently selling tickets at FP itself (£3 extra per ticket per person). It is not down as "sold out". So I go on the eticketing site at 10 am on the dot because its supposed to be the fucking easiest way to get tickets. Surprise, surprise - no tickets available. Every time, I get stitched up by this kunting website.

If its not sold out, then let me buy a fucking ticket. I'll even get a drink at one of your stupid kiosks.*

Edit: Just found out that tickets are freely available at the ticket office. Tried the ticket office on the phone and they aren't answering.
So much for online being "the quickest and easiest way"....

Further edit: Got through to ticket office 45 mins later and they have sold out (just haven't got around to telling anybody yet). So what i've learned is go down to ticket office, take the blatant rip off charges, and don't rely on a pisspoor website that doesn't give you a fair chance.

* possibly.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Bluebob - 26-01-2024

I managed to get tickets online bang on 10, had them in my basket ready and as soon as it hit 10 I purchased. I was surprised that they were not sold out yesterday. I had to wait till today as a mate of mine was a bit short of points. Can anyone confirm if having a season ticket does not give you first preference as it used to be ?

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - stayinupforever - 26-01-2024

No it's all down to loyalty points

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - kindofblue - 26-01-2024

....season ticket holders being at the bottom of the loyalty point queue.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Daniel - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 02:18 PM)kindofblue Wrote: ....season ticket holders being at the bottom of the loyalty point queue.

People that go to a lot of away games should get the opportunity to buy first.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Lawrence - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 11:54 AM)Bluebob Wrote: I managed to get tickets online bang on 10, had them in my basket ready and as soon as it hit 10 I purchased. I was surprised that they were not sold out yesterday. I had to wait till today as a mate of mine was a bit short of points. Can anyone confirm if having a season ticket does not give you first preference as it used to be ?

At the exact time I was getting nowhere online, a friend waltzed up to the ticket office in person and got 4 tickets (with the st cards) without even queuing. Won't do online again even if I get ripped off with the extra fee.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - StubbingtonBlue - 26-01-2024

Get a firestick instead. The beer's cheaper anyway

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Daniel - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 04:31 PM)StubbingtonBlue Wrote: Get a firestick instead. The beer's cheaper anyway

I’ve always wondered how they work!?

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Hammie - 26-01-2024

The points thing seems very good, but it has created a closed shop. So those who cannot go every game are locked out. Perhaps when you are sold some tickets, it should cost you some of your accumulated points to allow a few others to go a few times a season.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - BilltheCat - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 08:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: Perhaps when you are sold some tickets, it should cost you some of your accumulated points to allow a few others to go a few times a season.

Eh? Explain, please.

The loyalty point system offers the opportunity for season ticket holders who regularly attend away fixtures "first dibs" on available tickets.

Is that unfair?

I stress "first dibs". Any remaining tickets are then open for purchase.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - slayer - 26-01-2024

Teacher asking why academic systems fails in practice shocker

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - exgaffer - 26-01-2024

Trouble is you are never going to satisfy everyone when demand exceeds supply.

It is a pain trying to get tickets but that goes with the territory of having a well supported club.

On balance I think the club has it about right, it’s only fair that those who spend a lot of time and money slogging up and down the country to watch all the away games, often in bad weather on a midweek night, should get priority for away tickets.

As for tickets being available at the ticket office, you still need the requisite number of points to buy them.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Hammie - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 10:49 PM)slayer Wrote: Teacher asking why academic systems fails in practice shocker

Do not get me started on the mess that our academic system is in after decades of interference by politicians. The only people who get absolutely no say in running the state education system are teachers who actually do the job, especially experienced ones!

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - stayinupforever - 27-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 08:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: The points thing seems very good, but it has created a closed shop. So those who cannot go every game are locked out. Perhaps when you are sold some tickets, it should cost you some of your accumulated points to allow a few others to go a few times a season.
At what point would you start losing some of your accumulated points though? If you start with zero points and get a ticket for an away game you'd be on a minus. 
If the cut off is 100 points, and you were able to gain points somehow from scratch, eventually everyone would be on the same points,say 50, and then it would be first come,first served again.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Hermann's_no_hermit - 27-01-2024

While I agree that Hammie's system is flawed, the principle holds. It is somewhat of a closed shop.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Lawrence - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 12:23 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: While I agree that Hammie's system is flawed, the principle holds. It is somewhat of a closed shop.

I've no wish to dig those who regularly go. My circumstances mean I'll never be able to  do so. I have 25 points but I'm guessing the 3,000 who went to Reading will have enough points to get the next one and the next one etc. My only way to accumulate points is to do Carlisle or paintpot games.

Anyway, my beef is with online ticketing and the fact you can rock up to the window and get the tickets whilst getting buttfecked if you try online. I've learned my lesson.

RE: Charlton ticket stitch up - Hammie - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 12:43 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(27-01-2024, 12:23 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: While I agree that Hammie's system is flawed, the principle holds. It is somewhat of a closed shop.

I've no wish to dig those who regularly go. My circumstances mean I'll never be able to  do so. I have 25 points but I'm guessing the 3,000 who went to Reading will have enough points to get the next one and the next one etc. My only way to accumulate points is to do Carlisle or paintpot games.

Anyway, my beef is with online ticketing and the fact you can rock up to the window and get the tickets whilst getting buttfecked if you try online. I've learned my lesson.

and if you want to go as a family, league games are impossible for many fixtures