TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bishop and Lang - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bishop and Lang (/showthread.php?tid=3847)

Pages: 1 2

Bishop and Lang - stayinupforever - 29-01-2024

Will they play in the same team?

RE: Bishop and Lang - Cunninglinguist - 29-01-2024

Hopefully. Put Lang out on the right and he can feed Bishop or score himself.

Peart-Harris threading balls through, the future is looking very bright.

RE: Bishop and Lang - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-01-2024

I wonder if it will be Kamara or Lang who starts at Oxford?

Kamara, with Lang coming on and showing him how to pass.

RE: Bishop and Lang - Pedalo_menders - 29-01-2024

Indeed, I think part of the reason Lang is coming here is because he is much better on the right wing and isn't playing there this season at Wigan. He beefs up that right wing option as currently the backups aren't cutting the mustard. 

I don't get the moans about Kamara, he's having an incredible season and was the main reason we got 6 points from the last 2 games ffs.

Promotion teams have strength in depth and hopefully Lang gives us that. You'd think whyte is up for the chop on the summer.

RE: Bishop and Lang - foxleyblue - 29-01-2024

Before I say this, I have only watched on Ifollow, so far, But I agree that Kamara takes a lot of stick on this forum. I think he's better than that IMHO.
should we make an offer for him end of the season?
He looks a good prospect for the future.

RE: Bishop and Lang - exgaffer - 29-01-2024

Lang is a right winger first and foremost and has been at his best in that position.

We should play him where he likes to play and he will supply lots of chances for Bishop.

As for Kamara, he gets stick because he can’t hit a barn door from 10 yards, he needs to practice his finishing.

RE: Bishop and Lang - bluetagagain - 29-01-2024

Kamara will only improve. He was brought here to be a squad player but due to the injuries and ineptitude of Whyte and Scully he has ended up playing more games than he or JM imagined. It’s his first full season in big boys football so although his goal scoring and decision making can be suspect at times , he can only improve. That said I hope we start with Lane , P-H and Lang with Colby up front .

RE: Bishop and Lang - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 01:14 PM)exgaffer Wrote: Lang is a right winger first and foremost and has been at his best in that position.

We should play him where he likes to play and he will supply lots of chances for Bishop.

As for Kamara, he gets stick because he can’t hit a barn door from 10 yards, he needs to practice his finishing.

He also kept losing the ball against Port Vale, it was pretty frustrating both for him and us

RE: Bishop and Lang - TBP - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 01:18 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Kamara will only improve. He was brought here to be a squad player but due to the injuries and ineptitude of Whyte and Scully he has ended up playing more games than he or JM imagined. It’s his first full season in big boys football so although his goal scoring and decision making can be suspect at times , he can only improve. That said I hope we start with Lane , P-H and Lang with Colby up front .

This is one of those occasions when changing a winning team is sensible.

(29-01-2024, 12:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I don't get the moans about Kamara, he's having an incredible season and was the main reason we got 6 points from the last 2 games ffs.

You’re right about those two games but

He’s also the reason we didn’t do so well in that barren patch. 

Lest we forget, 4 one on ones in two games, no goals!!!!

P29 Assists 2

That’s a very poor return.

RE: Bishop and Lang - firqdays - 29-01-2024

Bringing in new players of proven quality will only serve to concentrate the minds of those ,currently, wearing the shirt.

Can only be good news for our promotion push .

RE: Bishop and Lang - Sharpe* - 29-01-2024

Some competition for Colby which he needs.

Perhaps play both, who knows - is supposed to be quite versatile.

One thing we lack is creativity and help for Bishop.

We are getting there!

RE: Bishop and Lang - exgaffer - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 03:48 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: Some competition for Colby which he needs.

We are getting there!

He’s not the same type of player as Bishop and therefore should not be considered competition for him.

Lang is primarily a winger who scores some goals but his main job would be to provide ammunition for others, like Bishop.

Agree, although Lang is an attacking player he is not a striker.

RE: Bishop and Lang - Hammie - 29-01-2024

For a few games, allowing Kamara and Lane to rest a bit, either could be on the bench and coming on as a classy sub. We know Kamara can do a job on the left. And of course Lang will be fresh but has not played many full games for a while. The problem we exepected to have at the start of the season.

(29-01-2024, 04:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Agree, although Lang is an attacking player he is not a striker.

When a player scores 18 goals in a season, try telling me he’s not a striker!

RE: Bishop and Lang - D'Alessandro dreaming - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 09:29 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(29-01-2024, 04:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Agree, although Lang is an attacking player he is not a striker.

When a player scores 18 goals in a season, try telling me he’s not a striker!

He's not a striker. I tried anyway.

Curtis is our top scorer this century and he’s not a striker. As far as I’m aware Lang has never played as a striker regardless of his goal scoring ability.

RE: Bishop and Lang - blueandwight - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 01:28 PM)TBP Wrote:
(29-01-2024, 01:18 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Kamara will only improve. He was brought here to be a squad player but due to the injuries and ineptitude of Whyte and Scully he has ended up playing more games than he or JM imagined. It’s his first full season in big boys football so although his goal scoring and decision making can be suspect at times , he can only improve. That said I hope we start with Lane , P-H and Lang with Colby up front .

This is one of those occasions when changing a winning team is sensible.

Yeah like we did when we played Fleetwood a couple of days before Xmas when he dropped Yengi...that was a really good move.

RE: Bishop and Lang - blueandwight - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 04:24 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(29-01-2024, 03:48 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: Some competition for Colby which he needs.

We are getting there!

He’s not the same type of player as Bishop and therefore should not be considered competition for him.

Lang is primarily a winger who scores some goals but his main job would be to provide ammunition for others, like Bishop.

Lang is primarily a winger who scores some goals but his main job would be to provide ammunition for others, like Bishop....and who else?
The best competition for Bishop is for South Korea beating the Aussies this weekend so we can have Yengi back.

RE: Bishop and Lang - slayer - 30-01-2024

Less time in the ball in the Championship, think it would be a year or two too early for Kamara to step up

RE: Bishop and Lang - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 30-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 10:22 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Curtis is our top scorer this century and he’s not a striker. As far as I’m aware Lang has never played as a striker regardless of his goal scoring ability.

Christiano Ronaldo scored 311 goals from 292 games for Real Madrid and he didn’t play as the striker either he was used as an inverted winger which is basically well in his case anyway a right footer who played on the left of an attacking 3 allowing him to cut in and unleash with his powerful right peg (an inverted winger obviously can also be a left footer who plays on the right)

RE: Bishop and Lang - Bluebob - 30-01-2024

Mousinho in today’s E/News thinks Langs best position is at 10. Which is at odds to what the Wigan fans are saying that his best position is right wing and the reason he has not been at his best recently is due to the manager playing him as a 10. Mousinho also says he is not match fit yet,but I would start with him, the adrenaline of his debut should get him through 60 minutes then bring on Kamara.

RE: Bishop and Lang - bluetagagain - 30-01-2024

I reckon he'll come on for a final 15/20 min cameo before hopefully starting on Saturday. It was interesting to read that JM feels that Lang's best position could be on the left of an attacking midfield so he can cut in on his right. If so, this would allow Lane to move to his preferred right sided role and P-H operating through the middle. Lets be honest its not as if we need 'proper' wingers,especially as Bishop isn't great in the air.